SASS Wire Forum

Enough Already

I know, I know....we owe every scrap of sympathy and support we can muster right now...

But I just can't take the TV reports, the radio reports, the endless re-hashing and re-re-hashing....

And the talking heads have started in on ban this and confiscate that and on and on and on....

Like many others, I simply need and want some Peace.

Peace to think about what has happened and what I should do about it.

Peace to pray for the safety of my family, now and in the future.

Peace for Christmas, and for the remembrance of what this season means to us and to the World.

I fear that it's selfish...but I want to be left alone for a bit, with time for my family and my thoughts.

May you find Peace.

LL

Amen.....

You just put in words what I've been thinking for a couple of days.....

Not that I'm trying to be selfish, I came close to losing my son, can't even imagine the horror those folks are going through....

But I still have to function, and that's hard to do with tears running down my face 24/7....

:(:(

I agree !

It's time to give the families the time to grieve .....and it is time to leave this sad sad thing alone for a while.

It's been hashed enough and now the banning talk has started .

Any one ever stopped to think what he could have done if all guns was banned but Sarin gas was not ?

My Christmas spirit has all but evaporated. First time in my life.

I'm sad, but getting tired of the talking heads. establishment of these gun free zones are just an open invitation to someone bent on doing unspeakable evil, because they know there's nothing to stop them there :angry:

Welcome to my world.....

I've had several relatives either die within a week of Christmas, including one on Christmas Eve and one on Christmas day, plus a couple of others get really sick right at Christmas then pass away in January. One of those was my mother in 1994, to this day I can't listen to "Colorado Christmas" without crying (long story).

But we still need to remember that Christmas Day is for celebrating God's gift to us of his Son, and without that Holy Gift our world would be an even worse place than it seems like it is now....

The tree still went up on Saturday, and presents went under it yesterday. And although it's depressing the heck out of me right now, a week from tomorrow it will be a big comfort!

I know, I know....we owe every scrap of sympathy and support we can muster right now...

But I just can't take the TV reports, the radio reports, the endless re-hashing and re-re-hashing....

And the talking heads have started in on ban this and confiscate that and on and on and on....

Like many others, I simply need and want some Peace.

Peace to think about what has happened and what I should do about it.

Peace to pray for the safety of my family, now and in the future.

Peace for Christmas, and for the remembrance of what this season means to us and to the World.

I fear that it's selfish...but I want to be left alone for a bit, with time for my family and my thoughts.

May you find Peace.

LL

+ me

I would like to thank the Channel 9 Denver 4pm news for only spending a brief time on the incident and going into local news. I sent them an email.

My Christmas spirit has all but evaporated. First time in my life.

It started to get to me (sort of like getting punched in the gut), then I got on my favorite horse this afternoon and took a ride in

the snow. I came to the conclusion that I can't let incidents like this destroy my faith in my Country, my fellow man or my God.

UB, where you're at you should have views of the Abajo Mountains to the west of you, and the La Sals to the north (both ranges in Utah).

Take a stroll outside and behold the vast beauty in front of you. Puts a lot into perspective. Just don't catch a cold. At 7,000 feet

I'm sure you got plenty of snow from our last storm.

Kindest Regards,

T.H. O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

:FlagAm:/>

Yup. A body can only stand so much of that without turning into a hand-wringing bleeding-heart liberal like the rest of them. Turn the TV off or watch something else for awhile. Yes it was horrific, but life goes on for the rest of us. Nothing to be gained by dwelling on it too much. Just make ya crazy.

JHC

I've been in quiet thought and prayer most of the weekend. Mama and I went to the school for our boy's Christmas Concert tonight. It gave us some form of break.......

I can't let this flush my Christmas Spirit.......it has, but I want to regain it....and will. Maybe even with a bit more understanding or view of the REAL reason for the season.

Loophole.....Thanks for this post.....At least I'm not the only one that needs some quiet time with God and family.

THO' you just painted a very vivid and blessed picture for me, when I read your post.....I needed that, Thanks.

To everyone else here on this thread.

Merry Christmas.....I know I've told some of y'all that many times already.....but I'll say it again. Merry Christmas.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

~EE~

Welcome to my world.....

I've had several relatives either die within a week of Christmas, including one on Christmas Eve and one on Christmas day, plus a couple of others get really sick right at Christmas then pass away in January. One of those was my mother in 1994, to this day I can't listen to "Colorado Christmas" without crying (long story).

But we still need to remember that Christmas Day is for celebrating God's gift to us of his Son, and without that Holy Gift our world would be an even worse place than it seems like it is now....

The tree still went up on Saturday, and presents went under it yesterday. And although it's depressing the heck out of me right now, a week from tomorrow it will be a big comfort!

God bless ....

GG

GG

I took a break from it all Saturday and sat in my deer stand with a good Louis Lamour western, Lando, to be specific. I had set my sights pretty high this year as to what size buck I would take so I wasn't expecting anything other than a good sit in God's glorious countyside. Well...... I can't post pictures but........ out walked a six point -too small but it got me thinkin! Then behind him an 8 pointer. Well....... OK, I'll do it. Well......... As I was starting to lower the smokepole on 'em, out runs a TEN. Well...... can you say TAXIDERMIST!?! :lol: A BREAK WELL TAKEN.

Loophole, a very welcome post. Thank you. I have to agree with dang near everything said in it and I got no quibbles with the minor things.

And from the bottom of my heart, a very Merry Christmas to each and every one of you.

I took a break from it all Saturday and sat in my deer stand with a good Louis Lamour western, Lando, to be specific. I had set my sights pretty high this year as to what size buck I would take so I wasn't expecting anything other than a good sit in God's glorious countyside. Well...... I can't post pictures but........ out walked a six point -too small but it got me thinkin! Then behind him an 8 pointer. Well....... OK, I'll do it. Well......... As I was starting to lower the smokepole on 'em, out runs a TEN. Well...... can you say TAXIDERMIST!?! :lol:/> A BREAK WELL TAKEN.

HEY! That'a a good way to feel better, get a nice trophy, and put Christmas dinner on the table all at once!

Dang if I never thought to take a good book along to the deer stand! :lol:

~EE Taft~

in that time some shepards were watching their flock. And lo, to them there appearded a host of angles in the night sky, and said to them.

Rejoice, for on this day, to you, a savior was born. May there be Piece on Earth, Good will to men.

Archived