SASS Wire Forum

heard this guy was into the goth stuff

Trigger Mike

the news here said he was into goth and that makes me wonder if since he was already into darkness, death and things of that nature and held a negative view of the world and the people in it if that would help explain why he was so willing to kill his mother and those children and other people. Makes me think those who follow that do not understand the consequences of thinking on those lines, especially if one like him had mental problems. I have a relative who was into that and she is hard to work with and hates things about God and church. She seems to be a negative influence on my brother.

I know a young fellow whose wife is into that stuff, and she is apparently a very evil person..Full of hate, vindictiveness, and a manipulator..She once told her husband's Mother, who is battling cancer, that she was glad she had cancer and hoped that she died.. :blink:

What is wrong with people nowadays?! :wacko:

Blaming the goth movement makes as much sense as blaming guns and gun owners. It's not the fault of any one group.

The only prominent goth member I can think of at the moment is Danny from "Counting Cars" and frequent guest on "Pawn Stars." Anybody want to call him evil?

Blaming the goth movement makes as much sense as blaming guns and gun owners. It's not the fault of any one group.

The only prominent goth member I can think of at the moment is Danny from "Counting Cars" and frequent guest on "Pawn Stars." Anybody want to call him evil?

I knew some kids who were friends of my son in high school. Other than wearing weird makeup and \black clothes they didn't seem all that different from other kids.

There are dangerous nuts in any group. Including churches, the NRA, police and the Boy Scouts. he may have been attracted to the Goth thing because of his mental state. But the Goth life didn't cause his illness.

I knew some kids who were friends of my son in high school. Other than wearing weird makeup and \black clothes they didn't seem all that different from other kids.

There are dangerous nuts in any group. Including churches, the NRA, police and the Boy Scouts. he may have been attracted to the Goth thing because of his mental state. But the Goth life didn't cause his illness.

No - but the goth thing sure isn't the best of influences for the kids....and some do play out that fantasy.

Have no clue about this killer's mental state though - so...who knows...

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

Back in the day, before xbox, Dungeons and Dragons, and all the other tripe that is out there, we still had bullies. The problem is in the MIND of some. Forget about the weapon, they will find one somewhere.

Look at all of the bulling that is going on on the internet right now. Some kids have committed suicide over it.

Is that any better than shooting? The kid is just as dead.

I am not saying the goth group is to blame, I am saying that the goth mindset is wrong headed and in the wrong person can lead to isolating themselves from the fact that everyone else is a person too. Makes them more likely to not feel remorse and also not care for others. Basically I am saying that a soul without God and that gets into evil like goth can not make rational, sound decisions, and will lead to such things as murder

The Goth mindset isn't at fault here. Honestly, I can't believe the same folks who say "it isn't the gun's fault" will turn around and blame the Goth mindset for what this very sick bastard did. This all goes back to 1985 when congress held hearings about how evil heavy metal music was and that heavy metal music caused kids to kill others and themselves. It is all BS! You might as well say that since a majority of out of work bums voted for Obama, the mind set of Democrats is dangerous to society and should be banned.... wait a minute, I might agree with that one.

On the other hand, deeply religious people have committed many atrocities in the name of God while waving a bible over the centuries. It is the mind of the individualthat is the problem.

The Goth mindset isn't at fault here. Honestly, I can't believe the same folks who say "it isn't the gun's fault" will turn around and blame the Goth mindset for what this very sick bastard did. This all goes back to 1985 when congress held hearings about how evil heavy metal music was and that heavy metal music caused kids to kill others and themselves. It is all BS! You might as well say that since a majority of out of work bums voted for Obama, the mind set of Democrats is dangerous to society and should be banned.... wait a minute, I might agree with that one.

I don't know if it's BS or not, Buick and I were both metalheads back in the 80's, and look at us! :D (Just kidding, all things considered I don't think we turned out all that bad after all!)

Well, the view from my saddle is that if we all lived according to the TEN COMMANDMENTS, that things would be a mite better for all of us. They seen to cover all the bases. But I don't see that happening.

Well, the view from my saddle is that if we all lived according to the TEN COMMANDMENTS, that things would be a mite better for all of us. They seen to cover all the bases. But I don't see that happening.

yup - good primer for life I reckon - unfortuately groups like Freedom From Religion is working to tear down any 'religious' references in the public square.

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

yup - good primer for life I reckon - unfortuately groups like Freedom From Religion is working to tear down any 'religious' references in the public square.

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>

And that is a contributing factor to why we have a lot of problems right now.

How about this, I guarantee you somebody was doing some praying on Friday. I would not be surprised if that little 6 year old who was the sole survivor of her class was praying. If we don't acknowledge God on our own, we will come to the point where we wish we had.

And that is a contributing factor to why we have a lot of problems right now.

How about this, I guarantee you somebody was doing some praying on Friday. I would not be surprised if that little 6 year old who was the sole survivor of her class was praying. If we don't acknowledge God on our own, we will come to the point where we wish we had.

I doubt she was the only one. Do prayers help you keep from being shot?

Archived