SASS Wire Forum

Gun Control is NOT the answer

Rooster Ron Wayne

Gun control only makes it harder for decent law abiding citizens to git guns.

The criminals dont obied by the rules .

We need to remove ALL GUN FREE ZONES !

If some people at that school was armed , The out come my have been a little different.

If you was a terrorist or a nut job with a gun, You are going to go any place that is a pistol free zone.

With as many people that have CCW/CPL'S nowadays , The best move we can make is to let licensed law abiding citizens to be armed any and every were !

In Michigan we just had a new bill pass , That may let CPL holders with proper training can carry in all pistol free zones ..... (But not singed by the Governor yet )

Look at most of the random killings .

They ALL take place in pistol free zones !

WAKE UP AMERICA !

GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE - PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE !

PS. PRAYERS FOR ALL ! -_-/>/>/>

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sturm:

there are many of us who view this subject just like you view it.

there will be many who will have different views.

The sad part is that its hard for ALL of us to understand why anyone could commit such an act.....period. If it hadn't been the gun, it could have very well been a knife or even setting the school on fire. This animal was intent of destruction of life no matter how he achieved.

One of my initial thoughts, of which I still adhere to, is that those teachers should have been armed.

Our society has known for a decade or more that these type situations are gona happen. Yet the so-called 'brains' of our society seem to convince people that we need 'Gun Free Zones' and even the first line of defense (the Teachers) have no way to protect our children in situations such as these.

We've allowed our leaders to spend our tax bucks on useless, overseas 'stabilization' of renegade governements and AT THE SAME TIME, tell us that there isn't enough money to hire LEO's to hang around our schools.

Those in charge make our teachers 'requalify' themselves every few years to see if they can still add 2 + 2 or know the difference between Aunt, Ant and Ain't. But we won't dare suggest they learn how to use a firearm and prepare them to protect our little children who are defenseless when a nut-case comes around.

And here's the Big One: all of our leaders get in front of the camera and tell us to remember to PRAY for those families who lost their little children, etc....but those same politicians tell us that its illegal to PRAY before each school session or sporting event because we might offend someone. To me, their prayer is a day late and 26 lives to short.

..........Widder

Gun control only makes it harder for decent law abiding citizens to git guns.

The criminals dont obied by the rules .

We need to remove ALL GUN FREE ZONES !

If some people at that school was armed , The out come my have been a little different.

If you was a terrorist or a nut job with a gun, You are going to go any place that is a pistol free zone.

With as many people that have CCW/CPL'S nowadays , The best move we can make is to let licensed law abiding citizens to be armed any and every were !

In Michigan we just had a new bill pass , That may let CPL holders with proper training can carry in all pistol free zones ..... (But not singed by the Governor yet )

Look at most of the random killings .

They ALL take place in pistol free zones !

WAKE UP AMERICA !

GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE - PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE !

PS. PRAYERS FOR ALL ! sleep.gif/>/>/>

+1 Rye

What frustrates me the most is that the anti-gun crowd DO sincerely think that if they ban guns, mass murder will stop. They just don't get the point that if these evil psychos can't get ahold of a gun, it won't stop them, they'll just move on to another tool to cause the destruction they want. Anyone with a little knowledge on the subject can pick up everything they need to build an explosive device easily enough. And when they move from guns to bombs, the body count will be far worse! :angry:

Wish they'd get it through their thick skulls that we need to stop arguing about the guns, and start looking for solutions to the REAL problems, before any more innocent children die!!!

What frustrates me the most is that the anti-gun crowd DO sincerely think that if they ban guns, mass murder will stop. They just don't get the point that if these evil psychos can't get ahold of a gun, it won't stop them, they'll just move on to another tool to cause the destruction they want. Anyone with a little knowledge on the subject can pick up everything they need to build an explosive device easily enough. And when they move from guns to bombs, the body count will be far worse! :angry:/>/>/>

Wish they'd get it through their thick skulls that we need to stop arguing about the guns, and start looking for solutions to the REAL problems, before any more innocent children die!!!

Absolutely true, in fact a school bombing already happened in our country in 1927:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Americans need to grip on the reality that banning guns will not stop a deranged killer.

~:Wylie:~

I do not know the answer but I do know that as soon as you arm a teacher, sooner or later one of the teachers will be the crazed nut that does the shooting. I actually know of some very angry liberal school teachers! No, the gun is not the problem, or the solution to this problem and thus should not even be a part of the equation. The first place to seek an answer is to find out why is it that after everyone of these tragedys so many people come forward to tell us how weird or scary the individual was and yet no one was prepared for what they do??

What frustrates me the most is that the anti-gun crowd DO sincerely think that if they ban guns, mass murder will stop. They just don't get the point that if these evil psychos can't get ahold of a gun, it won't stop them, they'll just move on to another tool to cause the destruction they want. Anyone with a little knowledge on the subject can pick up everything they need to build an explosive device easily enough. And when they move from guns to bombs, the body count will be far worse! :angry:/>/>

Totally agree. I've been listening to the mental health and security experts, they all say basically the same thing "we don't need metal detectors, we need mental detectors". Another common theme is, even in this PC era people have to speak up when they notice something off in these people. Some need to be in a mental institution, and some simply need to be monitered to insure they take their meds. We usually find out after the fact that someone in the schools, mental health departments, parents, friends, and nieghbors knew something was wrong with these folks but failed to take the next step. This guys family and friends knew he was off, his own brother said he hadn't spoken to him since 2010. I lost a high school buddy to suicide, even after he spent five years in a mental institution. When he returned home he was fine as long as he was on his meds, but once he stopped he was a mess.

Better security is another step. This school had just put in a new system with where you had to be buzzed in. Early reports said that he was allowed to enter, but that's not the case. Reports today are that when he could not open the security door he broke the glass window beside it, reached in and opened the door.

Prayers up for the families and all those effected.

J

My nickels worth:

The form 4473 will be modified in such a way that if the applicant is on any or has ever been prescribed any mood altering drug (read xanax, ritalin, prozac, valium, etc. or any other drug they will be denied. Who knows, it might even extend to the whole family.

High capacity magazines and perhaps "military" style rifles may get the axe.

Do I think any of that will do any good? No, but it will be implemented and then that won't be good enough so the laws will become more strict.

Still can't figure how the nut got in the school. Thought thats what the locked door policy was all about.

I do not know the answer but I do know that as soon as you arm a teacher, sooner or later one of the teachers will be the crazed nut that does the shooting. I actually know of some very angry liberal school teachers! No, the gun is not the problem, or the solution to this problem and thus should not even be a part of the equation. The first place to seek an answer is to find out why is it that after everyone of these tragedys so many people come forward to tell us how weird or scary the individual was and yet no one was prepared for what they do??

Armed kindergarten teachers, now that’s a world of idiocy that I don’t want to live in.

It's easier to blame the 'thing' than it is to find out why the 'person' did what they did and offer meaningful solutions. How do you keep crazy people from doing things like this? You identify them early and intervene with a treatment plan BEFORE they act on their whacked out impulses.

Recently there was a court cast here where a husband, enraged because his wife filed for divorce shot and killed his one and five year old children. He didn't kill himself or the soon to be ex, he turned his anger on a couple of innocent children...HIS CHILDREN. How do you detect madness like this because that's what it is mt friends, madness. Who would do such a thing and how do we, as a society, address it? Further more, how can you identify people like this who, by all outward signs was a normal, rational and sane person...before.

Some people wring their hands and say we need tougher gun laws. Others chant for reimplementation of the assault weapons ban when NO SUCH WEAPON WAS USED IN THIS CASE. That ought to tell ya we ain't dealing with rational people and I'm not talking about the shooter!

A recent study showed that 23% of drivers in accidents are impared by alcohol. That means that over 70% of drivers who drink only soda, starbucks or bottled water are the REAL problem because they are involved in more accidents. Makes about as much sense in banning a type of gun that wasn't even used in this tragedy!

Almost ALL of the 'mass shootings' recently have been in so-called gun-free zones. The people we are up against just don't get that. The logic is lost on them. It's like trying to talk to a lamp post.

That I know of, there is no crystal ball that can be used to find those who would do such a thing. Turning our schools into armed camps probably isn't an option but I hesitate to go that far just yet. There's got to be another way. Making new laws that only affect the law abiding, using a tragedy like this to advance one's personal agenda....that's just twisted.

At least the Prez was right on one thing; now isn't the time for politics.

In this incident, a sad fact is there was a meeting going on between some of the admin type people when the shots rang out. At least two of them went out into the hall to find out what was going on, and got killed, adding to the toll...

Imagine instead, "shots rang out, and school psychologist John Q Madashell" responded, firing four shots from his Glock, killing the shooter instantly. We are told of the THREE children shot, all will likely survive."...........

Armed kindergarten teachers, now that’s a world of idiocy that I don’t want to live in.

Sometimes, ya do what ya gotta do rather than simply don rose-colored glasses.

We don't hear of Palestinian extremists attacking Israeli schools, BECAUSE in vulnerable areas Isreali teachers carry carbines during recess.... Is that how they WANT to live? I doubt it. But they are realists.

Similarly, in Florida, a convenience store I know of had been robbed many times. The owner was in debt up to his ears and because the area had "gone bad", couldn't sell. But has NOT been robbed in the last five years, because after the last robbery, when an employee was severely beaten with a pistol, he personally covers the night shift, with a .44 mag snubbie stuffed behind his belt.

The last 24 hours have been frustrating to say the least for a gun-toting democrat. Of the websites that I visit on occasion, it's almost as if no one has ever read Scalia's opinion in Heller. The 2nd Amendment language is SETTLED LAW. It is not up for parsing today. I've encouraged the anti's to read Scalia's opinion. They don't listen.

And then you have the ProChoice folks who are AntiGun. That is one of the most illogical positions I've ever heard. These folks are wingnuts. And yes, they are democrats for the most part.

But, there are a lot of democrats that carry and have more than a few firearms. And they recognize that the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting. And it is not about militias. It is about personal freedom and the right to defend one's family and property from peril.

Bahhhhh. I'm going to avoid this issue. But, I may buy a personal firearm today just in protest.

Friends:

This incident is the most terrible and horrible shooting that has ever happened in this country. It is so shocking that I would really appreciate it if everybody would step back from the keyboard and stop posting about it. I would really appreciate a cooling off period and silence for a while out of respect for the innocent lives lost.

What frustrates me the most is that the anti-gun crowd DO sincerely think that if they ban guns, mass murder will stop. ...

Anti-gun crowd KNOWS that if guns are band that it WILL NOT mass murder. BUT that is what they tell the sheeple to get votes.

In reality the anti-gun crowd wants only them and their protectors (wolves) to have guns so they can control the sheeple protectors (the sheepdogs).

But if they start some sort of stringent mental exams in order to own a gun, what would the criteria be? And what kind of a nightmare would it morph into in this age of reactionism and overkill? Being subjected to electric shock treatments as part of the process to purchase a gun? Part of the anti's strategy is to make it increasingly difficult to own a gun..And it seems many if not most of them already think that anyone that even considers owning a gun has mental problems..

I'm not particularly into conspiracy theories, but does anyone else find it odd that these shootings have started at this point in time? Not insinuating or suggesting anything, It just seems like a he!!uva coincidence..In any event, this is the kind of justification the anti-gunners will use for more gun control, and unfortunately they have a lot of backing by those in power right now..BO is already talking of "meaningful action"..Whatever that means-I'm sure it don't mean anything good for gun owners..

How I miss the old days..When I was in school we didn't need locks on the doors, "resource officers" and the like..I remember when a lot of the high schools would let students "play hooky" on the opening day of deer season, or students would have their deer rifles in their cars so they could go hunting after class, and there was no problem with that..Gun safes in the home were rare, and not needed, and gun control (As well as a few other ridiculous agendas) were not even an issue to be considered..Rural homes were hardly ever locked when the owners were away, no need for it..But I'm afraid those days are gone forever..As time goes on I'm becoming more convinced our society is in a downward spiral of decline that can't be reversed and the words of Lemmy Kilminster will prove prophetic: "We're all gonna go down in a soup made of ourselves."

A terrible, senseless tragedy in any case, and prayers up for the families that lost their loved ones.

Friends:

This incident is the most terrible and horrible shooting that has ever happened in this country. It is so shocking that I would really appreciate it if everybody would step back from the keyboard and stop posting about it. I would really appreciate a cooling off period and silence for a while out of respect for the innocent lives lost.

With all due respect Drift, perhaps you should avoid this thread today. There needs to be an outlet for those people who believe in the second amendment but empathize with the families involved in this tragedy.

In a broader context, there are 25,000 people, many of them children, who will die of starvation today. THAT is a tragedy of almost unbelievable proportion. Yet, we do very little.

Life is not fair.

In South Africa I had a large collection of firearms including military full autos. To become a gun owner I had to go through verbal, written and practical tests over a series of 8 hours days. I obtained certificates of competency in every category of small arms known to man. Each gun required a separate written application with a full motivational statement. Each gun has its own separate license which takes up to two years to obtain (how's that for a cooling off period?!), and finger prints are taken every time. Police inspectors come to your home and If you don't have a properly installed gunsafe you get no guns. Period.

I am now pleased to live in Texas, and away from some of these draconian laws, BUT from my military, police reservist and personal experience over 60 years as an active shooter I know this - there are only two places for a gun....one is a maximum of 24 inches from your shooting hand, and the other is LOCKED IN A PROPER SAFE. If this were enforced in The USA the innocents slaughtered in CT would still be alive. The same goes for every instance where some moron has had access to guns simply because of the incredibly sloppy, irresponsible attitude of many American gun owners who leave guns lying around in closets, drawers etc like so many domestic appliances.

Like it or not, we urgently gun ownership to be based on a much greater level of responsibility, and as this will almost certainly have to be enforced by law, then so be it. The bottom line being NO LEVEL OF PERCEIVED INCONVENIENCE IS WORTH THE SLAUGHTER OF A CHILD

What frustrates me the most is that the anti-gun crowd DO sincerely think that if they ban guns, mass murder will stop. They just don't get the point that if these evil psychos can't get ahold of a gun, it won't stop them, they'll just move on to another tool to cause the destruction they want. Anyone with a little knowledge on the subject can pick up everything they need to build an explosive device easily enough. And when they move from guns to bombs, the body count will be far worse! mad.gif

Actually, I disagree. I think they have most of the public convinced of this. They've done an outstanding disinformation and propagation job. All of the useful idiots continue to perpetuate this.

The real issue is that the elites know exactly what they are doing. Our guns are the only thing standing between them and total power. And they know it. They cannot take over if the citizenry is armed.

What we are seeing now is the necessary result of the policies that have been in place for the last 50 years. It will not get better. The encouragement of people to depend on the govt. removes the sense of personal responsibility that used to be in place.

This episode was not a failure of the system or any such thing. It's exactly what should be expected to occur with the Socialist mentality that has swept all common sense out of the govt.

In South Africa I had a large collection of firearms including military full autos. To become a gun owner I had to go through verbal, written and practical tests over a series of 8 hours days. I obtained certificates of competency in every category of small arms known to man. Each gun required a separate written application with a full motivational statement. Each gun has its own separate license which takes up to two years to obtain (how's that for a cooling off period?!), and finger prints are taken every time. Police inspectors come to your home and If you don't have a properly installed gunsafe you get no guns. Period.

I am now pleased to live in Texas, and away from some of these draconian laws, BUT from my military, police reservist and personal experience over 60 years as an active shooter I know this - there are only two places for a gun....one is a maximum of 24 inches from your shooting hand, and the other is LOCKED IN A PROPER SAFE. If this were enforced in The USA the innocents slaughtered in CT would still be alive. The same goes for every instance where some moron has had access to guns simply because of the incredibly sloppy, irresponsible attitude of many American gun owners who leave guns lying around in closets, drawers etc like so many domestic appliances.

Like it or not, we urgently gun ownership to be based on a much greater level of responsibility, and as this will almost certainly have to be enforced by law, then so be it. The bottom line being NO LEVEL OF PERCEIVED INCONVENIENCE IS WORTH THE SLAUGHTER OF A CHILD

Sir, While this may not be the place to debate this. Your position seems unrelated to the incident in CT but is more applicable to the incident in Oregon.

In CT it appears as though the guns were bought legally by the maniac. While in Oregon they were stolen. Proper firearm security is EVERY gun owners responsibility. On that I have no argument.

No level of inconvenience will stop the maniac. It would take a total removal of all firearms in citizens hands in complete and total violation of our 2nd Amendment and it would take laws that say that no firearms can be sold to everyone. The total removal of firearms is not going to happen. The para-gestapo would have to go door to door to search all parts of a house, outbuildings, storage facilities, tree houses, vehicles, garages, barns etc, every chest, box, cabinet would have to be opened and searched. So much for 2nd AND 4th Amendment rights.

Stopping craven, thieving,murdering, raping lunatics are what guns are FOR. A lone granny with a SXS is safer than twelve in a prayer circle with nothing...

Ever notice in COURT, where presumably everyone in the room has gone through building security, the LAW already precludes public carry the bailiff is still armed. Even in that setting the "bad dudes" are still surrounded by armed officers? Not rocket science here. Defendants are generally on their best behavior or they risk getting a hole in em...

Sir, While this may not be the place to debate this. Your position seems unrelated to the incident in CT but is more applicable to the incident in Oregon.

In CT it appears as though the guns were bought legally by the maniac. While in Oregon they were stolen. Proper firearm security is EVERY gun owners responsibility. On that I have no argument.

No level of inconvenience will stop the maniac. It would take a total removal of all firearms in citizens hands in complete and total violation of our 2nd Amendment and it would take laws that say that no firearms can be sold to everyone. The total removal of firearms is not going to happen. The para-gestapo would have to go door to door to search all parts of a house, outbuildings, storage facilities, tree houses, vehicles, garages, barns etc, every chest, box, cabinet would have to be opened and searched. So much for 2nd AND 4th Amendment rights.

And you would NEVER get them all.

It's not the tool, it's the PEOPLE.

1950's; did wwe have this level of violence? 1960's, 70's, 80's. It it the total lack of personal responsibility? Is it the violence promoted by the entertainment industry including video games? It it a breakdown of the family unit or is it something in the air or water that is driving some humans nuts ? No, it is not the tool.

Guest Texas Jack Black

This is a breakdown of our family values and morals plain and simple, Unwed mothers,Divorce alcohol and drug abuse,and loss of religion. Sad indeed.

Hacker, the CT shooter stole a rifle (he appears not to have used), and the handguns were reportedly his mother's. He killed her before going to the school. Realistically, any 20 yr old can access guns legally possessed by others in the home, even if mom had em locked up (where's the key? On her car keys most likely? He stole that too.)

CRIMINALS not worried about dying can only be stopped sooner VS later, by force....

Dear Hacker, the four guns used by the maniac in CT were not his. They belonged to his mother who obviously left them in a place of easy access. Locked in a safe with the registered owner being the only one to have a key would have saved 27 lives.

While it might not appear so, homicide rates are returning to levels consistent with the 1960's. There was a very good study by the University of Chicago Why Crime Fell

In additon, we are NOT the leading country in homicide rate when compared with any relevant measure. Homicide by Country

Hacker, the CT shooter stole a rifle (he appears not to have used), and the handguns were reportedly his mother's. He killed her before going to the school. Realistically, any 20 yr old can access guns legally possessed by others in the home, even if mom had em locked up (where's the key? On her car keys most likely? He stole that too.)

CRIMINALS not worried about dying can only be stopped sooner VS later, by force....

Latest reports say he used a Sig a Glock and a Bushmaster. Another long gun was found in the car but they haven't saidwat that was. A Henry, an Enfield and a shotgun were found at his other's house.

Dear Hacker, the four guns used by the maniac in CT were not his. They belonged to his mother who obviously left them in a place of easy access. Locked in a safe with the registered owner being the only one to have a key would have saved 27 lives.

Would it really have saved lives if the guns had been locked up? How can you know? All you can know for sure, in that case, is that the crime would not have been commited who THOSE guns. Can you say he couldn't have done the same with a matchete or butcher knife? Or killed even more with a bomb?

IT WASN'T THE GUNS, IT WAS THE MAN!!!!!!!

The only thing that would have saved those lives had there been a teacher in the immediate area who was armed and trained and willing to put a bullet in the bad guys' head.

Absolutely right, if it were possible. The problem is it isn't, and won't be under the present administration. So we have to look at what's next best, which is a total overhaul of American gunowner's sloppy behavior. I know SASS members are largely a responsible group of sane, decent citizens. But we represent a tiny percentage of gunowners in the USA. Even the NRA, whose members are also decent people, are a miserable 4 percent of US gunowners.

I spent most of my military career in psy-ops, specializing in profiling terrorists as individuals and groups. I have no similar experience with civilian criminals but am prepared to bet that the CT and other morons were not the kind of people who think rationally. They will always take the easiest path. Mommy's guns are there so I'll use them. My friend keeps his AR in a closet so I'll steal it. I'm not going to take a knife or a half brick or a baseball bat to kill with. Hell, it's not my scene. Anger boils up and quick easy violence against defenseless children is the way for me.

How I wish someone with Doc's skills, or mine, had been on hand to stop the slaughter of the Innocents. But we weren't and we we probably never will be.

It is my firm belief that properly installed and approved gunsafes will become mandatory. I have mine, as have most of my friends. I repeat, in today's societal conditions guns do not belong in a broom cupboard.

Absolutely right, if it were possible. The problem is it isn't, and won't be under the present administration. So we have to look at what's next best, which is a total overhaul of American gunowner's sloppy behavior. I know SASS members are largely a responsible group of sane, decent citizens. But we represent a tiny percentage of gunowners in the USA. Even the NRA, whose members are also decent people, are a miserable 4 percent of US gunowners.

I spent most of my military career in psy-ops, specializing in profiling terrorists as individuals and groups. I have no similar experience with civilian criminals but am prepared to bet that the CT and other morons were not the kind of people who think rationally. They will always take the easiest path. Mommy's guns are there so I'll use them. My friend keeps his AR in a closet so I'll steal it. I'm not going to take a knife or a half brick or a baseball bat to kill with. Hell, it's not my scene. Anger boils up and quick easy violence against defenseless children is the way for me.

How I wish someone with Doc's skills, or mine, had been on hand to stop the slaughter of the Innocents. But we weren't and we we probably never will be.

It is my firm belief that properly installed and approved gunsafes will become mandatory. I have mine, as have most of my friends. I repeat, in today's societal conditions guns do not belong in a broom cupboard.

You may be ok with 'inspectors' coming to your house to see if you have met 'requirements' for gun ownership. I am not. Nor ever will be.

You may be ok with 'inspectors' coming to your house to see if you have met 'requirements' for gun ownership. I am not. Nor ever will be.

+1

GG

Horse puckies.

So it's the gun owner's fault, eh? I don't think so, my friend. If this individual had disarmed a cop say, bashed him over the head when he wasn't looking and taken his gun and then perhaps, accessed the patrol car and gained some really heavy weapons perhaps, I suppose you'd be saying it was the cop's fault for carrying the things around with him. Horse puckies.

There are gun safes and there are gun safes. Some can be pried open with a large screwdriver, others would take no more than a jackbar to breech. (Spade tip, about three feet long, once driven betweeen the door and frame, pries the door from the frame easily.)

Why by golly and gee whiz, not everyone can AFFORD a two thousand dollar gun safe. Oh, I get it, that's just a necessary part of being a gun owner. Yessiree, I spent four times as much on a gun safe than I did the pistol I keep in it. Makes perfect sense.

Anf if I DID keep my guns in a broom cupboard, what business is it of ANYONES that I do? I don't have kids, I don't have casual visitors that can access them. Oh yeah...burglars. I forgot about those....

The burglar...homicidal maniac son...they aren't responsible, the gun owner is the REAL culprit. I got it now. Thanks for setting me straight.

Archived