SASS Wire Forum

OMG!... I could not help myself! … IT’S AN ADDICTION!

Dutch Wheeler

In addition to Greene County Cowboys' regular monthly CAS match, they also host a .22 Caliber Cowboy match about 7 times a year. I have a Marlin 39A Lever Action .22, (that I don't get to shoot often enough), but I did not have the pistols needed to play.

Well, I just picked up a pair of new Ruger Single Six .22s, 5.5" barrels, fixed sights, blue finish!

Sweet Irons!

Looking forward to a new venue in 2013!

Yeehaw!

Yup, I have a 39A and a single six, and borrowed a second and a shotgun and shot my first ever CAS match with .22s, now I have two full sets of CAS guns but have yet to get a mate for the single six, maybe I should move that up the list...

I look for reasons NOT ta buy a gun..... not often successfullllll.....

This one was just too easy to justify:

> Don't have the opportunity to shoot my 39A very often.

> If I add these pistols to my collection, THEN I can shoot the above fore mentioned rifle on a more regular basis.

> Logical Conclusion: ADD THE NEW PISTOLS & have more fun in 2013!

...for the .22 caliber version, I use a Browning BL-22, and 2 Ruger Single Action Six Shooters... ...yes it is addictive...

When our club (Robbers Roost Vigilantes) went to two matches a month they also introduced a .22 category but only for the regular matches. My wife and I trade off with the .22s to minimize the time I spend casting and reloading.

Archived