SASS Wire Forum

Illinois ban on CCW struck down!

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

That is great news for them :FlagAm:

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Great news, IL Pards!!!

Big deal. Illinois goes from a "no CCW" state to a "may issue" state. And probably won't recognize out-of state.

Big deal. Illinois goes from a "no CCW" state to a "may issue" state. And probably won't recognize out-of state.

Wow Really ! Your bottle of beer must be half empty :unsure:

Enjoy this win while it's lasts, from article's I've read, the AG is already looking to copy laws from States like NY, maybe even NJ, which while CCW would be legal, it would be virtually impossible to come up with a 'justifiable' need....

Wow Really ! Your bottle of beer must be half empty :unsure:/>/>/>/>

BB' s post doesn't surprise me. He doesn't seem a fan of the 2nd Amendment.

GG

Lots of states do not recognize out-of-state permits. such as California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and Rhode Island. So what is your point?

Lots of states do not recognize out-of-state permits. such as California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and Rhode Island. So what is your point?

You missed it. Some states issue CCW as "shall issue." This means they have to have a reason not to issue one before they can turn you down. Other states issue as "may issue," which means they *can* turn you down unless you furnish an acceptable (in their opinion) reason you need a CCW. If Illinois becomes a "may issue" state, there's no overt reason that anything will substantively change. Curley's got the right idea.

Essentially, I'm betting that Illinois is not going to simply cave to gun-owners; they're going to fight for every inch.

GG: That's crap and you know it. You're intentionally ignoring a lot of what I've said, like revering the entire Bill of Rights, and twisting the rest. I'm really beginning to doubt your honesty.

Howdy:

BB is probably correct. Having lived in Illinois (C®OOK and DuPage Counties) for 50 years, I suspect that there will be endless appeals to stall the implementation. When that fails, they will implement a "May Issue" wherein no one who cannot provide Michael the Archangel as a reference on their application will ever have a sufficient reason. Of course, Law officers and Politicians will be exempt from the requirement, as usual. Maybe in the southern half of the state where rational thought still is alive there will be issuance of permits, maybe. One can hope. I feel like I just saw a pig fly by...singing Handel's music! :-)

STL Suomi

GG: That's crap and you know it. You're intentionally ignoring a lot of what I've said, like revering the entire Bill of Rights, and twisting the rest. I'm really beginning to doubt your honesty.

Doubt all you want - I doubt your support for the 2nd Amendment. It seems when something is good said about the 2nd Amendment or there's a gun rights victory (or something that gives gun owners hope) you have to retort with some negative response....

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>

Wow Really ! Your bottle of beer must be half empty

BB' s post doesn't surprise me. He doesn't seem a fan of the 2nd Amendment.

GG

GG: That's crap and you know it. You're intentionally ignoring a lot of what I've said, like revering the entire Bill of Rights, and twisting the rest. I'm really beginning to doubt your honesty

Sorry BB but I agree with GG. No one is ignoring what you type, that's just it, we are reading it! You do bring up some very good points, but every one of your posts on the issue oozes with distain for the 2nd Amendment. Everytime a pro-gun topic comes up you have to come on here and trash it.

If every gun owner thinks like you do the current administartion will have no problems taking whatever they want!

JEL

You missed it. Some states issue CCW as "shall issue." This means they have to have a reason not to issue one before they can turn you down. Other states issue as "may issue," which means they *can* turn you down unless you furnish an acceptable (in their opinion) reason you need a CCW.

No, I didn't miss that point, but take a look at the NY law. You have to ask for permission and provide a "need" to justify issuance, which they may or may not accept. However the courts there have said denial cannot be capricious, and people may sue to obtain their permit. It is time for gun owners to play the game -- sue the Ba$$turds.

Sorry BB but I agree with GG. No one is ignoring what you type, that's just it, we are reading it! You do bring up some very good points, but every one of your posts on the issue oozes with distain for the 2nd Amendment. Everytime a pro-gun topic comes up you have to come on here and trash it.

If every gun owner thinks like you do the current administartion will have no problems taking whatever they want!

JEL

If every gun owner thought like I do, gun owners themselves would propose their own rules instead of waiting for anti-gunners to do it, then fighting against them; mass shootings wouldn't be answered by political tirades about what Liberals are going to say and do; there would be no wild-eyed conspiracy theories about the United Nations taking over, or Obama just waiting for us to look the other way before sending in "jack-booted thugs" in the middle of the night; the NRA would actually define what it means to be a responsible gun owner. If every gun owner thought like I do, I'll bet we would have a more-favorable public face and greater public trust instead of having everybody think the typical gun owner is an unthinking fanatic.

And I don't disdain the 2nd Amendment. I disagree, however, with how a lot of people choose to use it, and I care enough to object.

If every gun owner thought like I do, gun owners themselves would propose their own rules instead of waiting for anti-gunners to do it, then fighting against them; mass shootings wouldn't be answered by political tirades about what Liberals are going to say and do; there would be no wild-eyed conspiracy theories about the United Nations taking over, or Obama just waiting for us to look the other way before sending in "jack-booted thugs" in the middle of the night; the NRA would actually define what it means to be a responsible gun owner. If every gun owner thought like I do, I'll bet we would have a more-favorable public face and greater public trust instead of having everybody think the typical gun owner is an unthinking fanatic.

And I don't disdain the 2nd Amendment. I disagree, however, with how a lot of people choose to use it, and I care enough to object.

So tell me - how do I choose to use the 2nd Amendment that is so bad? You 'Care enough to object' ? ...:rolleyes:/> whatever....

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

So tell me - how do I choose to use the 2nd Amendment that is so bad? You 'Care enough to object' ? ...:rolleyes:/>/> whatever....

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>

Since you ask, you seem to be one of those who endanger it by not particularly caring how gun owners are percieved by the general public. The only specific example I can come up with at the moment, I remember one thread where I made the remark that just because I can do something doesn't necessarily mean I should do it; you dismissed the idea with a "whatever." I equate that attitude with someone I remember from some 50 years ago, wandering up and down a public beach with a rifle, just because he could. Someone like that would complain because the people on the beach left in droves, calling them wusses and anti-gunner Liberals. I think that kind of behavior is a greater danger to the 2nd Amendment than any single Liberal could be.

Since you ask, you seem to be one of those who endanger it by not particularly caring how gun owners are percieved by the general public. The only specific example I can come up with at the moment, I remember one thread where I made the remark that just because I can do something doesn't necessarily mean I should do it; you dismissed the idea with a "whatever." I equate that attitude with someone I remember from some 50 years ago, wandering up and down a public beach with a rifle, just because he could. Someone like that would complain because the people on the beach left in droves, calling them wusses and anti-gunner Liberals. I think that kind of behavior is a greater danger to the 2nd Amendment than any single Liberal could be.

What?...dude, your off your rocker. Yes, if a person wishes to excercise thier right they are free to do so where the local laws allow it - open carry or whatever. It may not be smart and they may get hasselled by police, but it IS their right....am I going to walk up and down the beach' with a rifle to make a point??... no. Do I think that person is being provacative??...most likely. One needs to use some common sense...no doubt.

Your 'bury the head in the sand' attitude and dismissing others 2nd Amendment right is the problem...You and your liberal ilk are the danger.

I am hearing that in 2013 Colorado congress members might introduce very restrictive gun rights - I am going to stay on top of it - am I paranoid?? No...am I vigilant?? Yes...

Your kind will fight to enact these kind of gun restrictions. Thanks alot...

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>/>/>

What?...dude, your off your rocker. Yes, if a person wishes to excercise thier right they are free to do so where the local laws allow it - open carry or whatever. It may not be smart and they may get hasselled by police, but it IS their right.

Yes it is, right up to the point where the people they scare off the beach all convince their legislature to restrict guns from the beach.

Your 'bury the head in the sand' attitude and dismissing others 2nd Amendment right is the problem...You and you liberal ilk are the danger.

Is it really burying your head in the sand when you avoid poking a mad dog with a stick? Or is it merely prudent?

I am hearing that in 2013 Colorado congress members might introduce very restrictive gun rights - I am going to stay on top of it - am I paranoid?? No...am I vigilant?? Yes...

If you have heard it from credible sources, then you're being vigilant. If it's a wild-ass rumor that you're buying into without question, then you're paranoid.

Your kind will fight to enact this kind of gun restrictions. Thanks alot...

I would rather see gun-owners doing something positive that would forestall unnecessary restrictions. And "restrictions" isn't necessarily a four-letter word. There are plenty of restrictions already in place that most gun owners don't have a problem with, such as requiring an adult to be with a minor.

Yes it is, right up to the point where the people they scare off the beach all convince their legislature to restrict guns from the beach.

Is it really burying your head in the sand when you avoid poking a mad dog with a stick? Or is it merely prudent?

If you have heard it from credible sources, then you're being vigilant. If it's a wild-ass rumor that you're buying into without question, then you're paranoid.

I would rather see gun-owners doing something positive that would forestall unnecessary restrictions. And "restrictions" isn't necessarily a four-letter word. There are plenty of restrictions already in place that most gun owners don't have a problem with, such as requiring an adult to be with a minor.

However ya wanna see it - sounds good.

The Colorado news I heard is from a credible source in the shooting industry, who lives in Colorado. Of course, I need to find out more...but this guy isn't one who starts 'rumors'. So yes, I am being vigilant...not paranoid. Here is something that I just looked up: http://www.guns.com/2012/12/05/gun-control-colorado-2013-legislative-session/

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>/>

The spineless politcritters are standing up and saying "I voted it down and we are being forced to do this." All in the name of pandering for HCI money.

Like my buddy Curley Fryes, I am thrilled but I have lived in Illinois long enough to know that nothing is ever what it seems. I do believe we will get there and this feels like a win but I am still a little skeptical. I will be at the front of the line to apply though.

Hope y'all Illinois amigos keep the momentum goin'... we will be here for ya to write or whatever to your legislators in support.

GG

Guest jeweler jim

Like my buddy Curley Fryes, I am thrilled but I have lived in Illinois long enough to know that nothing is ever what it seems. I do believe we will get there and this feels like a win but I am still a little skeptical. I will be at the front of the line to apply though.

Hoppy you are wrong!

I have already reserved the first spot in line...

Archived