SASS Wire Forum

Update.

Subdeacon Joe

We got moved, mostly. Still have some stuff at the place we moved from, but the landlord is cool about leaving it in his garage until Friday.

The double wide is really nice. Good area. Quiet at night. The lady we are providing care for is not quite torqued to spec though, a bit of dementia and hyperthyroidism. Have to kind of check on her at night to make sure she hasn't gotten out of the house.

Woke up at about 0415 to a THUMP! She had been sleeping on the couch (she does that, just goes out and sleeps on it), tried to get up, got tangled in her blanket. We got her up, checked her, massaged her a bit. Fed her french toast, sausage, bacon, apple juice and lots of coffee at about 7. Called her doc about 8:30, told to bring her in at 11. The fun began at about 0945. "I don't want to go." "I don't have to go." "Go to hell, I'm not going anywhere!" Got real combative too, ended up calling her son to lay down the law and pick her up and put her in the truck. Got her to the doc, the Nurse Practiconer told us to take her to the ER. Life will be interesting for a while.

Thanks, Kris. Thanks, Hawk. The more I thought about it, she might have been playing us a bit, seeing what she could get away with. Maybe I can threaten her that I'll withhold my cooking, just feed her packaged stuff, unless she is more cooperative. Sat. it was totallini in a mushroom red sauce (all I had to work with), Sunday breakfast was pancakes (from scratch), coffee, juice, butter and syrup. Lunch was more of the pasta from Sat. and some rice aroni and veggies. Sunday dinner was pork tenderloin medallions in an onion sauce, green beans with bacon, and butternut squash with salt, pepper,brown sugar and butter. Little lady scarfed down as much as I did, or a bit more. Also hot milk with vanilla and a touch of sugar in the evenings.

Geez....turns out she DID break her right hip! When my wife was telling the doc and nurses what we fed her for breakfast they all asked "She ate all that AFTER she broke her hip?"

When Lisa (my bride) got to the hospital this morning she found that they had moved B. from the east wing to the west wing. AND....had put traction on the wrong leg! :blink: Somebody is gonna get a bit of a reaming for that, I think.

Archived