SASS Wire Forum

Black Powder Gunfighers C&B or Cartridge

Buckhorn Bud

If you shoot black powder gunfighter style join us at the Western Regional in Chorro Valley. If we get enough participants they may offer a Frontier Gunfighter and/or Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter category. Go here: http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=196962&st=70 and let Mad Dog Jack know you're comming and what category you want to shoot.

We have not confirmed yet that we will be offering those classes, trying right now to confirm interest. Will know after Jan 1st and let you know.

I really need to get down there and shoot against you, Mad Dog. Better practice my Gunfighter.

I really need to get down there and shoot against you, Mad Dog. Better practice my Gunfighter.

You better be practicing!! Would be nice to see you down this way!

I don't shoot gunfighter though, my left hand has uncontrollable urges and is a bit wayward.

We have not confirmed yet that we will be offering those classes, trying right now to confirm interest. Will know after Jan 1st and let you know.

I figured I'd put it in the headline to try to drum up more interest. People might not go back to the other thread otherwise.

YeeHaw--It would be Too Much Fun to shoot my Avenging Angels at the regional!

Dawg's Angels at Work

-- :ph34r: Dawg :ph34r:

I'll be shooting my '58 Remmies gunfighter style. It would be nice to actually have a category for them. I'll be at a disadvantage in gunfighter category but I'll do it if there's no alternative.

But with them 58's you'll look good doing it! :lol:/>/>

Why thank you Sir. I use the '58 'cuz that's all I got. Ball N. Chain uses the Vaqueros.

I gots a pair of 58 remy's I'd love to try in those catagorys I just need someone to show me the way!!! I's newer n a newbie at that vlack stuff...

I'll be happy to teach you every thing I know. That should take about 10 minutes.

Seriously though. I basically learned Frontiersman from reading Captain Baylor's Frontiersman for Dummies. http://www.curtrich.com/frontiersmen.html

I learned to shoot gunfighter by getting a pair of .22s and practicing. After about two bricks of the cheap .22 cartridges I could finally hit something with my left hand. I shot Frontiersman double dualist until I felt comfortable enough to try it gunfighter style.

Of course if you ever make it out to the High Desert I'd be glad to work with you.

For all your Cowboys on the West Coast tryin' to dip yer toe in the FCGF category, please know that here in fly over land we have FCGF as a recognized category. Gunsmoke 13 SASS regional will offer FCGF from the git go. Of course, I'll be shootin' it.

No, I don't expect no Cadillac waitin' for me in the parking lot. But I do expect to have fun, with both hands filled with smokin' iron.

So, when you pards in the west get up the courage to make FCGF part of your mix, please know that we here in the mid west are with you all the way.

DD-MDA

For all your Cowboys on the West Coast tryin' to dip yer toe in the FCGF category, please know that here in fly over land we have FCGF as a recognized category. Gunsmoke 13 SASS regional will offer FCGF from the git go. Of course, I'll be shootin' it.

No, I don't expect no Cadillac waitin' for me in the parking lot. But I do expect to have fun, with both hands filled with smokin' iron.

So, when you pards in the west get up the courage to make FCGF part of your mix, please know that we here in the mid west are with you all the way.

DD-MDA

Ball N. Chain is a Minnesota girl so we may be retiring right next door. If we do I may have to take you up on that. Of course I won't be puttin' no suppositories in my Remingtons. I'll be expectin' a Frontier Gunfighter category.

Mad Dog's

Frontier Gunfighter would be a blast! My Navies are running well and I have been practicing! I will have too see what next year's schedule looks like. See you guys in a few months.

Tully

Mad Dog's

Frontier Gunfighter would be a blast! My Navies are running well and I have been practicing! I will have too see what next year's schedule looks like. See you guys in a few months.

Tully

Hey Tully! So you would shoot Frontiersman Gunfighter if offered? Maybe FC Gunfighter if not?

Frontiersman Gunfighter!! I can’t confirm yet if I can make the dates, but my first choice would be Frontiersman Gunfighter then Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter. I will try and let you know as soon as I can if the dates work.

Happy Holidays!

Tully

I WILL be there and I WILL be shootin my WALKERS, Frontiersman Gun fighter. WOO FRICKIN HOO !! DAMMIT !!

Nows all I gots to do is find me some cannon powder. :D/>

Shooting Walkers gunfighter style? Bet that builds up your arm muscles. My hat is off to you Marshal. That's got to be the coolest. I can't wait to see that.

Shooting Walkers gunfighter style? Bet that builds up your arm muscles. My hat is off to you Marshal. That's got to be the coolest. I can't wait to see that.

Cool to watch. He is 6' 19". Think I'll shoot my new 18" 1860's.

Cool to watch. He is 6' 19". Think I'll shoot my new 18" 1860's.

Come to think of it, I have an 18" Remington. Maybe I can use that. :wacko:

It looks like this one. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/633440/uberti-1858-remington-steel-frame-black-powder-revolving-carbine-44-caliber-18-blue-barrel

MDJ, Dammit, I plan on shooting Chorro and hopefully to posse with you if you will have me. I shoot with both hands (not too well though) and I would give gunfighter a whirl. That is kind of cerebral for a sawdust brain though. Put me down for either C&B or cartridge gunfighter. I have been known to dabble in the dark arts of blackpowder shooting. :D

The trick is to load em up heavy, fling em up high, as they fall on the target pull the trigger. Then, let the recoil throw the guns back up, pull the trigger as they fall back onto the target. Easy as pie. :D

I wanna watch! Can I posse up with the Marshal? And camp near MDJ!!! :D/>/>/>

Stuffed mushrooms, prawns, tenderloins, tall blonds, champagne.....

So far! We will have Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter...not so sure about Frontiersman Gunfighter. Still working on that. Info will be on our website with applications after Jan 1st

• 6 months later...

Frontiersman GF never made the list, but at this point in time I plan on shooting FCGF with my percussion revolvers! I don't think I'm the only one with this plan. Anyone else considering cap & ball FCGF? Jasper? Dakota?

Tully

Frontiersman GF never made the list, but at this point in time I plan on shooting FCGF with my percussion revolvers! I don't think I'm the only one with this plan. Anyone else considering cap & ball FCGF? Jasper? Dakota?

Tully

Tully

I am using cap and ball Remington's and will shoot **** Gunfighter! Chorro here I come.

Fordyce

Archived