SASS Wire Forum

Moving, may be off for a few days

Subdeacon Joe

Anyway, a great deal for us. My ex-wifes husbands mother needs some care. My wife (not ex-) did some "elder sitting" for her. Offer got made to us to stay with her, look after her, etc. RENT FREE. And, when she reposes, we get a chance to buy her double wide for a buck. Too good a deal to pass up. Lets us do some good, and lets us get out of the debt we piled up the last year or so. And put some aside.

May take a few days to get everything shook out, although I can connect at work on my breaks.

Sounds like a deal. I think I might want the purchase option in writing though...

Nah, GW (for whom I used to work, and is now married to my ex) is very old school. My ex suggested we put it in writing, we both just reached across the table and shook on it. Done deal.

Joe,

It sounds like a Win-Win, but I agree with Griz, get it in writing. While the fellow may be old school, and I trust that you and he would live by the handshake, his heirs may not. No telling what the future holds and I have seen some ugly things happen when it comes to settling estates, even very meager ones. I will pray that this opportunity pans out.

Dogmeat Dad

Definately get it in writing.When my last uncle passed,he left a will and all of his assets from the sale of the family farm, 2100 acres, to us 6 nieces and nephews with 10% going to his wife.He married late in life,never had any kids and she's quite well off from her investments.One of my cousins kept the settlement tied up for months over .2%( yes 2 tenth's) of the estate.Personally I thought that was ridulous since none of us had worked on the farm for years,and we really had no claim to it anyway,so whatever we got was an undeserved and unexpected windfall close to $130K each.Just trying to say where money of any amount is concerned some people will get greedy.

Funny things happen to good families when people pass. If at all possible get it in writing. My wife used to tell me horror stories from the lawyers office of perfectly nice church-going reasonable people whe seemed to get possessed when a relative passed and left some assets available.

East side of Santa Rosa, right across Montecito from Maria Carrillo High.

I know that park and that area Joe, that is a very nice area too. I use to have a lot of customers around there

Archived