SASS Wire Forum

ruger sr 40

Trigger Mike

You are kidding, aren't you...? :blink:

No, a SR40 should NOT go off when dropped. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GUY'S WIFE??? :unsure:

You are kidding, aren't you...? :blink:/>

No, a SR40 should NOT go off when dropped. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GUY'S WIFE??? :unsure:/>

Whether or not she goes off would depend on how far she fell when he dropped her :D

Whether or not she goes off would depend on how far she fell when he dropped her :D/>

the pistol went off and hit her knee, and the police finally let him have the gun back and she does not want that gun in her house so he is selling it. I told my buddy who is thinking of buying it that I would not want a gun that goes off accedently and would he want his daughter to have it. I told him the guy should send it back to the factory.

There is probably more to this story than is being told.

That's my initial reaction as well.

The Ruger SR40, like its brother, the SR9, is loaded with safety features. Like other such striker-fired pistols, it has a striker safety which prevents the forward movement of the striker until the trigger is pulled. It also has an articulated safety lever inset into the trigger. There is an ambidextrous thumb safety on the frame which is within easy reach of the shooter’s thumb, and there is also a magazine disconnect safety which prevents firing with the magazine removed. Atop the slide just aft of the ejection port is a blade-type loaded-chamber indicator, which is easy to both see and feel to determine the condition of the chamber.

Went off when dropped. I'm still suspicious... this ain't a SAA with six in the holes. <_<-_-

As some others do, I think that the story is lacking some. Yeah - one might go off when dropped. And a person might be struck by a meteorite too. Just doesn't seem likely. $350 seems reasonable for a used SR40. But since it has a history, and the guy has to sell it, offer about $100 less, or as one person suggested, offer $200 cash.

You are kidding, aren't you...? :blink:/>

No, a SR40 should NOT go off when dropped. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GUY'S WIFE??? :unsure:/>

I don't think she's for sale...

For Sale:

Ruger SR40. Great condition.

Only fired once.

:unsure:

Archived