SASS Wire Forum

SPF-Ruger Vaquero Bisley .45 Colt Blue CCH

Selling for a friend, but I have possession, and will arrange the sale:

A 5 1/2" Ruger Vaquero Bisley in .45 Colt. It's Blue, with Ruger's Color Case hardening on the frame. Has a set of Wolff springs, but no other action work. It has a bit of holster wear on the muzzle, and the Ruger ring on the cylinder. Otherwise, it's in very good shape.

Vaquero Bisley, left side

Vaquero Bisley, right side

$475.00 $450.00 in Killen, AL. Shipped FFL to FFL at actual cost.

Sold locally, pending funds.

Howdy,

I am new to C action shooting. I just picked up my first Uberti El Patron 1873, but am not very pleased with the action. I understand this Bisely might be a nice choice for a more dependable gun. How many rounds do you believe it has fired? Has it been tuned besides the Wolff springs? What do you mean by the Ruger ring on the cylinder. What is the procedure to buy it? I have not purchased anything from the classifieds yet.

Would your reccomend this gun to me in my situation.

thanks-

Terry 970-776-8652

Selling for a friend, but I have possession, and will arrange the sale:

A 5 1/2" Ruger Vaquero Bisley in .45 Colt. It's Blue, with Ruger's Color Case hardening on the frame. Has a set of Wolff springs, but no other action work. It has a bit of holster wear on the muzzle, and the Ruger ring on the cylinder. Otherwise, it's in very good shape.

Vaquero Bisley, left side

Vaquero Bisley, right side

$475.00 in Killen, AL. Shipped FFL to FFL at actual cost.

Scary Tyler,

This is one of the workhorse guns of Cowboy Action Shooting. It's built like a tank, and will serve anyone well. The "Ruger ring" refers to the mark that the cylinder bolt/lock makes around the cylinder between the lock notches. The gun is fine and is as Ruger intended it to be. It just has a drag mark around the cylinder. To the best of my knowledge, it hasn't had any other work done to it other than springs.

If you were to purchase this gun, and if you live outside of Alabama, you would have to arrange with a Federal Firearms Licensee in your area to receive it for you. I would have it shipped to that FFL holder by my FFL holder. When it arrived at your FFL holder, you would pay his receiving fee, if any, and complete the form 4473 just like you were purchasing it from him.

I would recommend Ruger firearms to anyone wanting to shoot CAS.

Archived