SASS Wire Forum

Lets Scrap the Dollar bill

DOCBRAZOS, SASS#18033L

Smartest thing our governmet has come up with lately is another re-vamp of our money.

Only could the good old USA spend $.02 to make a penny and $.11 to make a nickle.

If they Quit printing the dollar bill and start making $1 and $2 coins they will last 25-30 years insted of printing a paper dollar that only lasts 5-6 years.

What you think?

Remember this ain't about politics it's about scraping old George Washington's.

There are already $1 coins, but no one but the vending machine industry likes them.

I got a bunch of them in change, at a self service bagged ice machine recently. They were heavy and noisy in my pocket. I got rid of they at the first opportunity.

A wad of $1 bills in my wallet is bad enough but the coins are worse. That's why the treasury has so many in storage,

very few people want to use them.

Think back on all of the dollar coins they have tried to foist off on us.

They did away with anything smaller than a 5 pound note in England. The one pound coins are about the size of a quarter but different in color. It certainly makes you pay attention to your change more.

Last time I was in England, they were using a 1 pound coin that was about the same size as a nickel, but twice the thickness. I thought it was great. There was nothing else like it in your pocket.

It may save money, but just think what it will do to the Stripper Industry!

DD

It would make bachelor parties MUCH more interesting. :ph34r:

I would prefer not to have to lug around coins in my pocket. It may be more expensive, when we run out of paper.....we can always borrow some from China.

The problem with the dollar coins has been size. They are to close to the size of a quarter. I agree that carrying them would be a pain. If they want to get rid of something they should get rid of the penny. Heck, I think it has already been replaced by the dollar now that I think about it.

Bugs

Smartest thing our governmet has come up with lately is another re-vamp of our money.

Only could the good old USA spend $.02 to make a penny and $.11 to make a nickle.

If they Quit printing the dollar bill and start making $1 and $2 coins they will last 25-30 years insted of printing a paper dollar that only lasts 5-6 years.

What you think?

Remember this ain't about politics it's about scraping old George Washington's.

Its coming we are going to become a money less country .

You will HAVE to have a Credit card ,and pay you bills ELECTRONICALLY !

Its all there plan to git control of us and our money .

But then again think how much a .22 shell will be worth ?

A loaf of bread ? a chicken ?

:huh:

I like the dollar coins but I'm in the minority. I enjoy giving them to the teenage clerks at fast food joints. They have no idea what to do.

If they did away with the dollar bill and just wentbto the coin we'd eventually get used to it. And it would save money. I already carry a biga** key ring, gun, magazine, knife, wallet, money clip, retired badge and id. What' a few more coins? ;)

They've tried several times, and folks won't use them. While I like the feel of five or six Morgans in my pocket, the stuff they've tried lately just doesn't feel right.

If they would STOP making the paper dollar. And NEVER replace any paper dollar with anything but a coin.

We would HAVE TO start using them.

I prefer the coin. But they do need to make it bigger than the quarter.

If they would STOP making the paper dollar. And NEVER replace any paper dollar with anything but a coin.

And put a hole in it. :)

The problem with the dollar coins has been size. They are to close to the size of a quarter. I agree that carrying them would be a pain. If they want to get rid of something they should get rid of the penny. Heck, I think it has already been replaced by the dollar now that I think about it.

Bugs

Bugs, what's the difference in size between our $1 bill, $5 bill, $10 bill, etc.? Obviously the answer is they are all the same size but we don't have a problem with them.

During one of my tours in W. Germany, the U.S. military got rid of all the $1 bills and made us use the Susan B. dollar coins. No problems. We quickly got used to them and size wasn't a problem.

As a matter of fact, the size ratio between a nickel and a quarter is just about the same ratio as that between a quarter and a Susan B.

Agree...get rid of the penny.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.theus50.com/images/state-quarters/nevada-quarter.jpg

Now for the third grade joke of the day.

Q: (See photo link) What kind of horses are on that quarter?

Drum roll please.......

A: Why, they are 'quarter' horses!! :P/>

I like da coin two !

Just like in da good old days.....no paper money, just coin.

But din I bet dim folks raised a stink bout switchin' from coin two paper two !

I believe we must keep paper money to one dollar level.

I hate to carry a load of coins.

On the other hand what may some day be more likely is to do away with all forms of cash.

This would allow big brother, big box stores and big business to track what we do all the time.

Look out big brother is here to take over our lives.

Someone please help put my aluminum foil hat back on.

I vote NO on the coins, I hate change in my pocket as it is let alone cluttering it all up with weird sized dollar coins. It'll never work, never has, never will! This idea comes up every 5 years or so. Puleeze!

:) Rye

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

I am a scrawny bastard... no doubt...

Coins would drag me down... or my friggin pants.

No way...

ts

It may save money, but just think what it will do to the Stripper Industry!

DD

Durn your hide, Dogmeat. Ya beat me to it! :lol:

When I was in high school 47 cents would buy a burger and fries and a coke at mcdonalds.

That half dollar I dropped on the counter was silver, there was no other us coinage.

I probably didnt get any change because tax was about three percent.

Last night I stopped by steak and shake and just ordered a burger.

It was two dollars and fifty two $2.52 including the ten 10 percent tax.

The buyinng power of a fifty cent piece is now probably contained in a five dollar bill.

Look at gas, used to be 35 cents now about 3.49.

Good quality food is right at ten times the price when I was working in Krogers.

And lets just change pricing from 17.49 to 17.5, and get rid of the 100th of a dollar.

It might take a couple years to change the computers and reporting but so what?

When I was in usarmy basic training I was warned that if I lost my M14 my pay would

be docked $125.

Best

CR

Only if they go back to Silver instead of worthless pot metal.

"Worthless Pot Metal !"

Whar I work, # 1 copper, da same pot metal used to make dim pennies is about $2.97 cent a pound.

Don't seem two worthless to me !

I like the dollar coins too, I try take some to matches when I know we'll have a kid brassin.

I hope ya be talkin' bout baby goats, Grizz !

The problem with the dollar coins has been size. They are to close to the size of a quarter. ..

The "newer" version is gold colored. I get a roll ($25) from the bank before a match, pay my entry fee and lunch with them. Only a Yankee would try and pay with worthless paper.... :)

Only if they go back to Silver instead of worthless pot metal.

If they made the coins out of silver the new dollar coin would be the size of the dime, Quarters 1/4 that size and dimes would get lost in the seams of your pocket like gold dust.

Bugs

Scrap the penny and the dollar bill sez I!

Archived