SASS Wire Forum

Need opinions on Beretta Neos .22

Widder, SASS #59054

I first apologize because I know this ain't Cowboy.

But quite frankly, I trust you fellers and your Opinions (Knowledge) alot more than the Youtube evaluations.

Ya just don't know if some of the youtube evaluators work for Beretta, etc.

Anyhow, I'm thinking of buying meowndangself a Neos .22 for Christmas. Probably the 4.5".

I've got the Ruger MKII competition and like it. But the Neos looks like a neat pistol.

They go for around $250 (new) here in E.TN.

Any first hand experience you would like to share will be appreciated.

Thank you

..........Widder

I've shot a few. While I don't care for the styling they seem to point well and are ergonomic. I sold dozens over the years and we've had none come back. Usually a pretty good indication.

It's a plastic POS. Any of the Browning Buckmark pistols would be a much better choice. I have the Browning Buckmark Bullseye with the fluted heavy barrel. It's so accurate, I actually do think I could shoot hairs off a gnat's arse with it. :D

I first apologize because I know this ain't Cowboy.

But quite frankly, I trust you fellers and your Opinions (Knowledge) alot more than the Youtube evaluations.

Ya just don't know if some of the youtube evaluators work for Beretta, etc.

Anyhow, I'm thinking of buying meowndangself a Neos .22 for Christmas. Probably the 4.5".

I've got the Ruger MKII competition and like it. But the Neos looks like a neat pistol.

They go for around $250 (new) here in E.TN.

Any first hand experience you would like to share will be appreciated.

Thank you

..........Widder

I've shot the little NEOS and it is too "plasticy" to me. It's ergonomic and all but just did feel like a "gun" gun. Now I, like you, have a Ruger MK II Competition. Mine is a stainless steel slabside with the wooden target grips. To me that is a really nice 22 target pistol. If you are just going to plink and sling some cheap rounds downrange to kill some time the NEOS would be a very good tool to do that. It just depends on what you intend on using the NEOS to do.

Of course....one can never have too many guns....if it floats your boat then pick it up.

Kajun

Widder,

While i've owned numerous 22's over the years, my all time favorite is the Walther P22.

Have had the Rugers--Neos--Browning--etc.--by far the most reliable and hand friendly to me is the Walther. I have one in 5.5 bbl with Walther optics and it's a hoot for steel challenge.

You get interchangeable backstraps and sights with it, very quality pistol!! JMHO

Capt Hill B)

I just picked up a GSG .22 that has a frame much like a 1911 and it is a really fun shooter.....worth looking at.

If you get it, I'd like a chance to fondle it. I shoot a Buckmark in Ruger Rimfire and can't drop the magazine with my right hand...which slows me down. I've handled the Neos and it seems like it would make for a quick mag change.

Keep the info coming fellers. Thanks.

It does help in decision making.

I've owned Hi-Standard Victor, about 6 S&W Model 41's, a couple Ruger MKII, the new Ruger SR22 and the new SIG 1911-22 (same as the GSG).

Sometimes, I just like something new and different BUT I don't like buying something that don't function well.

Hey BUCK, ifn I get it, you are more than welcome to wring it out.

..........Widder

My $0.02: When you have a garage full of BMWs and Mercedes, buying a Hyundai Elantra seems like wasting money...

:lol::lol::lol:

My shootin Pard bought himself a super slicked up 73 with custom touches by Ottway Smith and Curly Bill Kelly.

He actually uses and prefers his Widdermatic in competition.

He also owns a real nice Win 9422. Then he goes out and gets one of them Henry Golden Boys to plink around with.

I know it don't make alot of sense but I am considering getting a Neos if the reviews seem to favor it. Of course, if reviews ain't good, I'll just keep my $$$ and buy me a new Volquartsen barrel for my Ruger 10/22. :D

..........Widder

:lol:/> :lol:/> :lol:/>

My shootin Pard bought himself a super slicked up 73 with custom touches by Ottway Smith and Curly Bill Kelly.

He actually uses and prefers his Widdermatic in competition.

He also owns a real nice Win 9422. Then he goes out and gets one of them Henry Golden Boys to plink around with.

I know it don't make alot of sense but I am considering getting a Neos if the reviews seem to favor it. Of course, if reviews ain't good, I'll just keep my $$$ and buy me a new Volquartsen barrel for my Ruger 10/22. :D/>

..........Widder

One thing i forgot to mention on the Walther (can you tell i like the Walther), it also has an ambidextrious safety built in right at rear of trigger guard--up high next to frame. Very easy to use and change mags. JMHO

Capt Hill B)

My Brother in law has a stainless steel 6inch barrel model and enjoys it, i also got him the carbine attacment that replaces the grip with a carbine, for around 250 as a birthday present. Very nice plinker. I have the old Colt "Cadet", 6inch stainless barrel on it, last one they made and stopped for some stupid reason and also the Walther P22 with the 5inch barrel and compensator. I like the Colt the most but have fun shooting the Neos. My suggestion is to get it, and think about the carbine attachment.

Nimble Fingers

I had one with the 6" barrel in inox, I liked it, also have the colt "22auto"(cadet). the magazines are interchangable. Takes a bit to get use to the mag release on the right side, but does make for fast mag change times. You can also get a orange blade for the front sight, really comes on target quick. if you carry in a holster it can be easy to bump it and lose a mag. The trigger was a tad heavy ,but you can change a spring and get down under 3lbs. Overall a good gun and reasonbly priced. But like others have said the grip angle, well ya either like it or hate it. My son snagged mine from me when I balked at giving up the colt.He still has it and between us probably 100k rounds thru it...no breakages to report. good luck with yours if ya get it. :)/>

Widder; they ARE good guns. .22s tend to be finicky, (plug for Federal Auto Match ammo, here!) but the Neos plugs along pretty well. Also, as an instructor, I notice that female shooters are drawn to it by its non-threatening appearance. This is a potentially valuable attribute.

Cheers,

FJT

I owned a NEO for a while and couldn't get used to the grip angle (just me) it shot well and was as accurate as any .22 out there.

+1 on the Buckmark!

:) Rye

Im almost scared to say I think they are good pistols, shoots well, priced right, I have the 4 1/2 and it has functioned perfect, fun pistol to shoot. Are there better ones, sure are, got those too, but not a thing wrong with the Neos. Beretta offers a neat kit to make it a short rifle.

Archived