SASS Wire Forum

Chorro Valley gets the Western Regional

Fillmore Coffins, SASS #7884

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Bud,

I hope so! Bring the whole Ridgecrest gang with you!

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hiya Allie,

Sure gonna try.

Even ME ?? ........ :o/> ................ :lol:/> :lol:/>

LG

Sure Lump, You can come as long as you bring the lil alian.

Looks like both of you were responding the same time I was editing my post. :o

Even ME ?? ........ :o/> ................ :lol:/> :lol:/>

LG

Well.............thinking,thinking.............OK.

Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter and Frontiersman Gunfighters!

Post here with names. talked it over with the Sheriff this weekend, we need to see what numbers shooter wise, and will post on the Wire after New Years about if we will have the categories at the Regional. Can we get five per category?

Hi:

Prairie Dawg is comin & loves to shoot Frontiersman Gunfighter.

I'll be shootin' my 1860 Army Avenging Angels

Angels in action

Thanks

--Dawg

Post here with names. talked it over with the Sheriff this weekend, we need to see what numbers shooter wise, and will post on the Wire after New Years about if we will have the categories at the Regional. Can we get five per category?

Oh.... Oh..... Me. Me. Me..... Oh.... Oh.....

Frontiersman Gunfighter for me. :wub: Yes.... Yes... Yesssssss... :D

Mad Dog Jack asks for : Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter and Frontiersman Gunfighters!

That resembles me. Two New Model Armys out in each hand, I'll shoot what ever is offered from gun fighter, frontier cartrige gun fighter, but how much fun would it be to be in my natural class of Cap and Ball Gunfighter????? I thought I was the only one. MD Jack, I'll be there.

Fordyce Beals

Put me down for Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter. I'm going to try and get up there this year.

See what the doc says. Frontiersman gunfighter for me.All on the same posse!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:/>

Ahhh...........no. That would be a logistical nightmare.

Fillmore

I got a whole box full. B)/>

Bud, It ain't yer ears we're concerned with :lol::ph34r: B&C will be more harmonious to our ears, for sure!

Wish my left hand would let me shoot gunfighter, but it will be either Frontiersman or FC for me if I can make it, and I'm planning to! Soot Lords unite!

Allie, we may have a whole possefull (new SASS word) from RRV Ridgecrest! :wub: Lookin' forward to seeing you again!

Harvey

Bud, It ain't yer ears we're concerned with :lol:/> :ph34r:/> B&C will be more harmonious to our ears, for sure!

Wish my left hand would let me shoot gunfighter, but it will be either Frontiersman or FC for me if I can make it, and I'm planning to! Soot Lords unite!

Allie, we may have a whole possefull (new SASS word) from RRV Ridgecrest! :wub:/> Lookin' forward to seeing you again!

Harvey

Good job Harvey! You guys and gals set a fine example and I look forward to meeting even more folks.

:wub:

Allie

Hello Smokestack,

It is my experience that no one is forced to do anything at any annual match, unless you feel forced when the majority of the posse doesn't agree with you.

Sometimes folks vote "in order" (by the printed sheet) or "at will" (everyone varies by their desire on any stage) or "pick your position" (then always shoot that order unless you aren't ready or need to go potty...) Even if the selection is "in order," I've never seen anyone forced to shoot when they were not ready.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I seriously doubt that the Match Officials are going to tell the Posse Leaders how to decide when a shooter... shoots. Many folks like to do it "When Ready", and many folks like to shoot "In order". I can tell you that I ask the posse on the first stage and do what they want. If they decide as a group to "Shoot when ready", then I go along with it and tell them that if it does not work out, then we will shift to a shooting order. Even if we shoot in order, it is not a locked in situation... if the shooter is not ready for some reason, then the next shooter can go. If "Shooting in Order" or "Shooting when ready" is such a big deal to someone, then maybe the shooter is wound a little too tight. We all want to have a good time, and really don't need to let something like that cut into our enjoyment. Some folks don't like to keep score in a random fashion when they have to keep up the score on a shooter's personal score card. I've only had one problem with the "Shoot when ready" system... that was at WR. We had one young hotshot that insisted upon shooting last on every stage. It P.O.ed another shooter, who decided that he wanted to be last. When they started waiting each other out, and slowing down the posse, I told the posse to move to the next stage and give them both a DNF. That ended the pissing contest, and they worked it out real fast.

Snakebite

• 1 month later...

I imagine that will be decided at the posse level but for now...

The applications and other info can be found at Chorro Valley's interim website.

Chorro Valley Regulators

Fillmore

I have the time off from work and am definitely planning on attending this shoot!

Here's the thing though.....

I want to stay at the range, and I don't own an RV. Also, after many years of camping (the tent variety) I'm pretty much done with that for anything longer than one night...two max. So......can anyone down there recommend a place I can rent an RV for an extended weekend? Class C preferable, or a small class A. Given the mileage cost RV rental outfits charge, I'd much prefer to drive somewhere close and pick it up for the short drive to the range.

I've rented from CruiseAmerica, but they're always closed on Sundays (at the the ones I've ever used) and that's when I'd need to return it so I can be at work on Monday.

Thanks for all, or any, help that can be provided.

EC

I have the time off from work and am definitely planning on attending this shoot!

Here's the thing though.....

I want to stay at the range, and I don't own an RV. Also, after many years of camping (the tent variety) I'm pretty much done with that for anything longer than one night...two max. So......can anyone down there recommend a place I can rent an RV for an extended weekend? Class C preferable, or a small class A. Given the mileage cost RV rental outfits charge, I'd much prefer to drive somewhere close and pick it up for the short drive to the range.

I've rented from CruiseAmerica, but they're always closed on Sundays (at the the ones I've ever used) and that's when I'd need to return it so I can be at work on Monday.

Thanks for all, or any, help that can be provided.

EC

Try here

Sky River RV

Fillmore

Sad to say that I'm not going to make this one after all.

Timing is bad to visit my kids & shoot the match.

Too far to come out from Ohio just for the shoot.

Hafta do it another year.

--Dawg

Sorry you can't make it Dawg. I'm also sorry to see that they aren't offering Frontier Gunfighter category. If they did my wife and I would definitely be there. Now, maybe, not so sure. I guess those who stuff suppositories in their revolvers just don't understand.

Archived