SASS Wire Forum

Chorro Valley gets the Western Regional

Fillmore Coffins, SASS #7884

Now it's official. The 19th Annual Chorro Valley Shoot-Out (formerly The John Wayne Shoot-Out) will also be the SASS Western Regional.

We are very proud and humbled to have our club/family be given this opportunity. We are a 501c3 non-profit organization that gives back to the community with an emphasis on education. There are no paid employees.

The only August match in California to have cool ocean breezes blowing in from nearby Morro Bay. Figure 75 degrees.

Fillmore

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be there shooting Frontiersman!

--Dawg

That's geat! I just found out that Ol #4 and Big Iron Buster are comming down to do the same... should be a good time in one of the nicest places in the US to be in Aug! (or anytime)

Snakebite

Now it's official. The 19TH Annual Chorro Valley Shoot-Out (formerly The John Wayne Shoot-Out) will also be the SASS Western Regional.

We are very proud and humbled to have our club/family (which is a 501c3 non-profit) be given this opportunity.

The only match in California, in August, to have cool ocean breezes blowing in from Morro Bay.

Fillmore

You realize when I come over there I'm staying at your place, right? :lol:

Well congratulations To the Chorro Valley Regs on getting the Western Regional.

We sure hope to be there in 2013.

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy

Peoria, Arizona

P.S. Hope to see you all at Railhead in Williams, Arizona July 4th - July 7th, 2013. Applications due out by Mid December 2012.

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

You realize when I come over there I'm staying at your place, right? :lol:/>

just look out for the bears

Long way, but gonna spend some time with my kids & new grand baby in Sacramento.

I'll just bring my guns along.

Will put an exclamation point on the trip.

Looking forward to being in central California again & putting faces to alotta names I know from the wire.

--Dawg

Missed Chorro this year. I should be able to make the regional for next Aug. When will sign up applications be available Feelmore.

I'll be able to condition myself to the climate since I think I am now living in the same type of climate. I usually shoot frontiersman too. I already know from shooting there previously that the gentle ocean breezes do wonders for being able to see targets when you are smokin' up the place. I love to shoot, but eating is right up there on my must do list and Chorro has the best saturday night dinner anywhere, and I mean anywhere. I hope that tradition holds for the regional. I have my bib all clean and ready to go. :)

Guess I'm gonna hafta ADD this to my 2013 list, been to long since I been there!

Maybe I can get a camper and stay at the range..... FUN!

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

A cap n ball Gun Fighter class would be cool.

About the most fun there is!

I'd shoot it!

--Dawg

Missed Chorro this year. I should be able to make the regional for next Aug. When will sign up applications be available Feelmore.

I'll be able to condition myself to the climate since I think I am now living in the same type of climate. I usually shoot frontiersman too. I already know from shooting there previously that the gentle ocean breezes do wonders for being able to see targets when you are smokin' up the place. I love to shoot, but eating is right up there on my must do list and Chorro has the best saturday night dinner anywhere, and I mean anywhere. I hope that tradition holds for the regional. I have my bib all clean and ready to go. :)/>/>

Thanks for the kind words Howdy.

Our Prime Rib/ Shrimp Scampi dinner with linen tablecloths and real china has been a mainstay for many years. It won't change.

Fillmore

We will bring the trailer this year so we can an even better time next year.

And yes Jittery Jim they welcome black powder shooters!

Bring all your guns for the night shoot- it was a great time this year.

Keep it smokey Dammmmit- going to find out what is for dinner now-

Missed Chorro this year. I should be able to make the regional for next Aug. When will sign up applications be available Feelmore. :)/>/>

Hmmm, I haven't shot a Chorro Annual since '97-'98. Frontier Gunfighter might just be what it takes to get me to take the plunge again.

Shooting cap guns with my old pard Howdy Doody would be the capper.

Guess I'm gonna hafta ADD this to my 2013 list, been to long since I been there!

Maybe I can get a camper and stay at the range..... FUN!

JJJ-D

:ph34r:/> :ph34r:/>

How about a Dammit Gang rendezvous to take over the night shoot Jimmy? Gonna try to make one in Coyote Valley on the 7th to get BIG MEDICINE warmed up. Weedy can't have all the fun with the big loads Dammit.

Yeah!

I loved it last year and already have my camping spot for 2013.

Prairie Dawg, I look forward to seeing you! That's a long way for you.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Glad to see that you are comming back.... just one thing... did your realize that the shower down on the Muzzle Loading range has a nice big peek hole in the side? :rolleyes:

Snakebite

Glad to see that you are comming back.... just one thing... did your realize that the shower down on the Muzzle Loading range has a nice big peek hole in the side? :rolleyes:/>

Snakebite

:o:blush: Luckily, (for any "peekers") I bring my own water and shower in my trailer.

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS :P

Just in case you don't Sis, we have built a new shower building since you were here in August.

Fillmore

Fillmore:

First timer questions:

1. Tent camping area?

2. flush toilets available for campers?

3. Shower available for campers? (I gather there is from the previous posts, but might as well ask....)

4. If I remember SLOtown correctly, it should be nice enuf to set up a shade tarp next to the car & sleep on a cot out in the open air?? Skeeters??

Gotta plan, plan, plan...........

Shooting season is done hereabouts, so planning for next Summer's shoots is a good hot stove activity.

See y'all in August!

--Dawg

PS -- I'm really looking forward to meeting the lovely Allie Mo!

Fillmore:

First timer questions:

1. Tent camping area?

2. flush toilets available for campers?

3. Shower available for campers? (I gather there is from the previous posts, but might as well ask....)

4. If I remember SLOtown correctly, it should be nice enuf to set up a shade tarp next to the car & sleep on a cot out in the open air?? Skeeters??

Gotta plan, plan, plan...........

Shooting season is done hereabouts, so planning for next Summer's shoots is a good hot stove activity.

See y'all in August!

--Dawg

PS -- I'm really looking forward to meeting the lovely Allie Mo!

1. Tent camping has always been free. I haven't heard any changes.

2. No flush toilets per se. But we have an ample supply of port a potties that are cleaned at least daily.

3. Brand new shower building, very nice.

4. Yep, there might be a little dew depending on the marine layer. No rain in August.(It's not unheard of for the hi temperature in the Valley to be the same on Indepenence Day as it is on Christmas Day) We have NO mosquitoes.

Looking forward to meeting you and yours. Allie is a sweetheart.

Fillmore

I'm all in!!!

Vacations approved, ready to go!

Karaoke??

Congratulations to the crew at Chorro Valley! Great folks up there, they've been putting on a fine match for years, and I have no doubt they they will put on a first class Regional!

And a tip of the hat to Double R Bar for holding the reins for the last several years!

Cheers,

FJT

One of my favorite places to shoot. Missed this year after 8 John Waynes and 2 Chorro Valley Shootouts. I'll be bringing my entire Coyote Valley Cowboy Club (135 members). Well maybe not all, but several. I have 8 months to twist some arms.

Bad Eye Bobolu, Sheriff

Coyote Valley Cowboys

I'll be there shooting Frontiersman!

--Dawg

And I'll buy you a drink at The Howling Wolf Saloon! A great place to unwind after a day of shooting.

Archived