SASS Wire Forum

A Dedicated Wild Bunch Match This Saturday

Frederick Jackson Turner

The First Saturday Wild Bunch match was a success last month, so we''re doing it again this Saturday, December 1, at Wes Thompson's Range, the Hole In The Wall.

Six stages, a whole bunch of shooting, and a great group of guys. All you need is a 1911, which you should have, anyway; a lever action rifle in pistol caliber, and a 12 gauge shotgun; Winchester Model 12, 1897, 1887, or a Chinese copy. Heck, if you're new to WB, we are allowing ANY SASS legal shotgun, including side by sides.

There is no .45 caliber rifle requirement, but there are some knockdowns, so make sure whatever you have will take 'em down.

The round count is 120 pistol, 60 rifle, and about 40 shotgun.

We'll be reshooting notorious Stage 1, with a couple of minor modifications. Everyone had a great time shooting it last month, so why not do it again?

Oh - don't forget! The match starts at TEN a.m.!

Cheers,

FJT

I am steeling back my dueling tree

Coffee

BBA;

The most rounds on any stage are 20, so you'll need at least four; you may want to have a couple of spares besides, though, as Ol' Man Murphy seems to pop up with some regularity at these shindigs.

And Coffee, I don't know why you'd ever want that blasted thing back. But no worries; I found a repacement. With even smaller paddles... ;-)

Cheers,

FJT

Hey Goody its a dedicated WB match as for WB shooters only..with up to 20 pistol targets those shooting sixguns would be way out gunned ;) Plus I think OP's calender is off that saturday is the 1st of Dec.

I shot the first match and it was fun with 3-4 mag changes and the notorious stage 1 I went thru 7 mags... :lol::P

Thanks for the correction, Max;

I actually was looking at December 3, 1904. Or you all COULD come out this Saturday, December 1, 2012.

And I intend to AIM this time; I ended up using SIX magazines on that stage!

Cheers,

FJT

Archived