SASS Wire Forum

Went to the gun show today and boy was it crowded.

Went to the gun show today and boy was it crowded. The parking lot was full as well as the garage. However, no one was buying. A lot were selling their black guns.

Money must be very tight.

Pretty much the same up here. The only thing selling well are good pistols and S&W/Colt revolvers. Can't hardly giveaway a good bird gun.

I stopped in a new local gunshop on Wednesday. Ammo was flying off the shelf and two pallets in the middle of the shop floor. Cases of .223, .208 and auto pistol stuff was selling strongly.

The dealer said that the Nov election was astring boost to his business.

His AR sales did not seem to be hurting, but his sales of high cap mags was very strong.

Pretty much the same up here. The only thing selling well are good pistols and S&W/Colt revolvers. Can't hardly giveaway a good bird gun.

Yea, same here. Seems folk say their black guns don't work so well or somethin' like dat.

But I agree wif ya Sam......Seems a feller has to pay to give away a good bird gun !

Now amp,......dat's a hoss of a different color.........ammo is really sellin' here !

I am not a tinfoil hat wearer but with the real unemployment rate in the country around 15% and the unwillingless of either party in Washington to curtail spending how can anyone believe things will improve any in the four years?

Car ownership and gun ownership are good ways to measure the economy. While I would love to have a Mustang Boss in my garage the harsh reality is a 4 year old used 4 cylinder car will get me around just fine and a heck of lot cheaper.

Likewise with black rifles or any other gun for that matter. Having a rack full of various AR's, AK's, 1866's or 1873's is pretty neat but how many do you really use? In the case of black rifles having a lot of extra magazines and a reloading machine with components isn't giving up for S.D., H.D. or just recreational shooting.

Car ownership and gun ownership are good ways to measure the economy. While I would love to have a Mustang Boss in my garage the harsh reality is a 4 year old used 4 cylinder car will get me around just fine and a heck of lot cheaper.

One o' dem rich guys, eh? My daily driver is a 1982 Honda Civic. But I smile every time I gas it up, do the math, and find I'm getting 42+ mpg. :) I've topped 50 mph on a couple of long trips on flat roads at 55 mph.

I'm seeing a lot of panic buying around here, but not as bad as four years ago. My former employer is bragging about having the 2nd best Black Friday every... after being open less than 5 years... and the one that topped it was the big panic of '08... I guess it would also be the 2nd worst looking at it from the other direction... :lol:

Went to one here in GA about 2 weeks ago and it was wall to wall folks. At this show there were very few individuals trying to sell guns, mostly dealers. Ammo seem to be selling at a high rate, especially cases of AR and AK ammo. There were lots of black guns out for sale but no too many being purchased....seemed to be more handguns being bought. As for me I picked up a few mags and some reloading supplies that I found for a good price.

Kajun

I stopped in a new local gunshop on Wednesday. Ammo was flying off the shelf and two pallets in the middle of the shop floor. Cases of .223, .208 and auto pistol stuff was selling strongly.

The dealer said that the Nov election was astring boost to his business.

His AR sales did not seem to be hurting, but his sales of high cap mags was very strong.

.223 is fairly common around here but I don't see much activity in .208. :lol:

Blackfoot

;)

Haven't noticed much activity around here. Only onew customer in the gun store when I stoped by yesterday. They had plenty of ARs on the shelf. Stocks of 223 seem to be down but even Walmart had 6 Ars in their gun rack. Most of the business seemed to be with hunters getting gear and ammo.

Thats cause its a wildcat....a necked up .204. ;)/>

You can also use a necked down .207 and shorten the case a few thou. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived