SASS Wire Forum

Korupt Karl: going under the knife

Widder, SASS #59054

Like everyone, I'm hoping for the best for Karl but there seems to be some confusion about the upcoming procedure. As I understand it this is the first step in a series of procedures that should be completed by spring.

Thursday night at this years Hoosier Ambush everyone had pretty much gone to bed, dropped out or passed out. The last four people still drinking and partying were Karl, Furball, Doc Eels and me. It was in the wee hours when Karl shared his secret and upcoming plans with us.

For years, Karl has wrestled painfully and privately with the feeling that he was a woman trapped in a man's body and he had finally decided to do something about it. While not common at his advanced age, he was going to have the series of procedures to transform himself from Korrupt Karl to Korruptible Karla(we reassured him that the new alias would not make him sound trashy). For years he had been dropping clues that seem painfully obvious in hindsight:those gayly colored shirts or the name on his cabin(hint:drop the "Krispy"). Perhaps most obvious was his propensity to burst into song at the strangest times. Most people never noticed that the songs were usually Broadway show tunes!

Cowboys are somewhat conservative but Karl hopes that the success of Brokeback Mountain will help him gain acceptance. Ironically, it is his love of Cowboy Action Shooting that may have helped him make this decision. Karl had come to realize that he could no longer compete with the other male gunfighters. That night at Hoosier Ambush he indicated that he was following the lead of pro tennis player Renee Richards. With a twinkle in his eye he told us that he was sure he could take Rose Louise Reasoner and that he would become a "force to be reckoned with" in Senior Ladies Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter. The plan is to debut at the annual bp shoot at Cutter's Raiders in late June.

Again, I wish Karl well.

"Not that theres anything wrong with that" :lol:/> :lol:/>

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like everyone, I'm hoping for the best for Karl but there seems to be some confusion about the upcoming procedure. As I understand it this is the first step in a series of procedures that should be completed by spring.

Thursday night at this years Hoosier Ambush everyone had pretty much gone to bed, dropped out or passed out. The last four people still drinking and partying were Karl, Furball, Doc Eels and me. It was in the wee hours when Karl shared his secret and upcoming plans with us.

For years, Karl has wrestled painfully and privately with the feeling that he was a woman trapped in a man's body and he had finally decided to do something about it. While not common at his advanced age, he was going to have the series of procedures to transform himself from Korrupt Karl to Korruptible Karla(we reassured him that the new alias would not make him sound trashy). For years he had been dropping clues that seem painfully obvious in hindsight:those gayly colored shirts or the name on his cabin(hint:drop the "Krispy"). Perhaps most obvious was his propensity to burst into song at the strangest times. Most people never noticed that the songs were usually Broadway show tunes!

Cowboys are somewhat conservative but Karl hopes that the success of Brokeback Mountain will help him gain acceptance. Ironically, it is his love of Cowboy Action Shooting that may have helped him make this decision. Karl had come to realize that he could no longer compete with the other male gunfighters. That night at Hoosier Ambush he indicated that he was following the lead of pro tennis player Renee Richards. With a twinkle in his eye he told us that he was sure he could take Rose Louise Reasoner and that he would become a "force to be reckoned with" in Senior Ladies Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter. The plan is to debut at the annual bp shoot at Cutter's Raiders in late June.

Again, I wish Karl well.

Thanks BD, that's the best laugh I've had all week. :lol:

Now, how do you get beer out of a keyboard?

Our good Pard, shooting and Wire, may finally get his back/leg nerve problems solved on Wednesday morning.

He goes under the knife around 7ish and the Doc hopes to find and cure the cause of his pains and disabilitating movements.

He's basically been inactive for quite a few months, not only from shootin and horsin around but even his work (livelihood).

Ifn you're a prayer warrior, say alittle prayer for our good friend KK.

Ifn you're a well wisher, muster your best wish together that all goes well for him.

He will be grateful.

and at his first opportunity, he will probably hug your wife in gratitude..... :lol:/>/> (ole KK is a 'licensed' hugger!

..........Widder

Our prayers are up on high for ya, KK!

Oh .......and Mama says ya gotta give her extra hugs once yer well enough! :lol:

~EE Taft~

Thanks BD, that's the best laugh I've had all week. laugh.gif

Now, how do you get beer out of a keyboard?

Cypress Sun

Is that you drinkin beer and typin on the keyboard again?!

When r you gonna learn that those two activities are gonna git you into trouble someday?

Yer gonna drink too much beer then type something you cain't take back.

(BTW there's always the edit function... I use it frequently)

Waimea (looking forward to Turkey Day)

Oh yeah, good luck to Karla!

:FlagAm:/>

To all my friends and Oh!, there's Buffy too....thanks for the prayers. The Doc trimmed the bone and disc as anticipated and found a ligament pressing on the nerve....cleaned out some arthristis, etc. Right now I can walk around and other than some pain around the L5 area of the spine I don't feel the pain anymore in my leg....AMEN.

My 7 am surgery was postponed for a couple of hours ...I woke up in recovery about 2 and was home by 330 walked in the house and just woke up from a nap. I'll be a little more coherent tomorrow, but did want to let all know that it went well.

KK

Buffy is telling the truth! Like he said, I was there too! I heard it with my own two ears. Buffy, you left out the part of how he/she longed to be like the geisha twins! He/she harbors so much respect for them that he/she wants to be just like them! Karla, glad the first step in your journey was a success. Now onto the breast augmentation!

Now see what happent was,,,,KK as been limpun aroun fer a while,,an with thit limp, leest this is wut I wuz tole by Buffy and Doc, thit he had also developed this wiggle :o , well thay'd had a bit tu drank an went tu sleep with thit wiggle in thar heds, :unsure: ,,thay wokt up tha nex mornun and both had had tha vary same dreem, <_< ,,,,yup, Korupting Karla had visited tham. :wub: ....yup, tha's wut happent.

booze, dreams and wiggles ar a baaaaaaaaaaaaad combination.... :wacko::blink::unsure:

Cheyenne :P

I been in touch with one of the Doctors that worked on KK and I understand that KK was giving out some post surgery, recovery room confessions.

Sorri fellers, but this info will cost ya some serious $$$.

..........Widder

:FlagAm:/>/> Hey KK,

See you in St Augustine!! My turn to buy!!!!

PD

I look forward to it Dan. Been home for 6 hours or so and I'm up walking as much as I can....I talked to people who had this done about ten years ago who spent three or four days in the hospital and had an 8" incision. When I arrived today they told me I was scheduled for overnight observation and later was realeased to go home and with only made an 1 1/2" incision....ya gotta love the progress.

As for Buffy, Doc and CC in all three cases them dudes were drinking when they came up with their stories. Hey BUFFY.....Look UP...lol. It appears that out of the group DJ is still my bud without a vivid imagination like the travelin tavern crew.

I can't tell you how wonderful it feels not to be limping.

KK

I look forward to it Dan. Been home for 6 hours or so and I'm up walking as much as I can....I talked to people who had this done about ten years ago who spent three or four days in the hospital and had an 8" incision. When I arrived today they told me I was scheduled for overnight observation and later was realeased to go home and with only made an 1 1/2" incision....ya gotta love the progress.

As for Buffy, Doc and CC in all three cases them dudes were drinking when they came up with their stories. Hey BUFFY.....Look UP...lol. It appears that out of the group DJ is still my bud without a vivid imagination like the travelin tavern crew.

I can't tell you how wonderful it feels not to be limping.

KK

KK, rede mine agin when the meds aren't clouding yur hed so badly. :P ....Happy Thinksgiving!! :)

CC

Buffy is telling the truth! Like he said, I was there too! I heard it with my own two ears. Buffy, you left out the part of how he/she longed to be like the geisha twins! He/she harbors so much respect for them that he/she wants to be just like them! Karla, glad the first step in your journey was a success. Now onto the breast augmentation!

just trying to remain colorful. I do know I've often said that I wanted to be with Aesha....(She's my favorite)....If I did in fact say that I wanted to be a geisha, take into consideration that there was whiskey involved.....but, I am here to tell you that I wiill be more careful around Buffy in the future.....Hey Buffy! Look Up. On a more serious note, I just woke up and have taken very little of the painkillers and muscle relaxers and I feel pretty good. I slept on the back all night on the sofa and did not move....or I would have felt it. Sitting up in the recliner, I have very little discomfort....AMEN.

KK

Glad to hear your surgery was a success. As my pain gets worse and the need for a cane more common I am glad to hear of other's experiences. I am contemplating the same type surgery(L3-S1). Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

P.S. The name Karla does not fit. You can change the plumbing but that face is a Karl!!!!! :lol:

KK great to hear everything went fine and you are up and about with little pain. Just follow the doctors orders and we will see you some where down the trail this,year. Will that be as Karla or Karl - just want to make sure who I am to look for when we meet ;)

Have a " Happy Thanksgiving" and

enjoy your family.

TL B)

Howdy Turkey Legs (Hope you survive today and don't get coooooked)

Hey, ifn the next time you see KK, if he ask to borrow one of your sweaters, then you will know WHAT you're dealing with.

If you get a pinch on the butt while getting a hug, you will know its really Karl..... :lol:

Hey KK, sounds like your surgery was as simple as my recent stents. Congratulations on what might appear to be good results and I sure hope you can get back to work and play and be able to rest comfortable again.

God Bless you and Kay on this Thanksgiving Day!

..........Widder

As I wipe the coffee off the screne!! Thanks Dicky!!!

Karla darlin...I mean Karl darlin, I'm glad to hear your feeling better in where ever you had the surgery...no judgement, no judgement at all. Good luck with the next one.

Did anyone get pics to compare the before and after...hey, just curious.

If you get a pinch on the butt while getting a hug, you will know its really Karl..... :lol:/>/>

With all this talk of plumbing I had a flash back.

Several years ago Karl was wearing his pastel shirt........my eyes are still burning. Anyway I was talking to a Pard when all of a sudden Karl snuck up from behind and slapped me on my left Rump Roast...........I felt a little uncomfortable when his hand was still there after a good five count. I finally had to do the Hey, Hey, Hey dance

It all makes since in hindsight

You have my full support Pard Pardette

Wyatt

PS: You will make one ugly Karla

As I wipe the coffee off the screne!! Thanks Dicky!!!

Karla darlin...I mean Karl darlin, I'm glad to hear your feeling better in where ever you had the surgery...no judgement, no judgement at all. Good luck with the next one.

Did anyone get pics to compare the before and after...hey, just curious.

Happy Thanksgiving Rocky from E.TN.

I doubt any Before & After pixs will ever make the UTube. Its not like its a big sacrifice for him..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ifn he changes his alias to Korupt Rocky, we will hang him.

..........Widder

I do know I've often said that I wanted to be with Aesha....(She's my favorite)....

KK[/color][/b]

Does Twoody know that she is not your favorite? She sure was that night you went riding through the woods with her!!!!!! How much whiskey was involved that night in Indiana......A really lot! But none the less, Buffy and I could never get the image of Karl impersonating his alter ego Karla in the Krispy Kream Kabin! I just got off the phone with Karla and He/She sounds like the hormone therapy is starting to work on His/Her voice! The only reason you have not heard from DJ is that he hardly ever gets on the wire anymore and he is in W. Virginia with his mom for Thanksgiving. He was not in the cabin that night, but I am certain he could hear the show tunes being sung since the Tavern/Bunkhouse was parked right next to your love shack!

God bless and good luck with the surgery. My mother in law and a sister in law have had the same procedure with great results. Both were able to return to activities they thought they would never do again.

Praying for you.

A fellow Eagle Scout.

Hey! So glad for the good report! And I really hope you're up and around soon and shootin'. However, I am confused and concerned as I am to room with ???? at the Siege at St Augustine in January. We are to berm marshal together too! What to do? Don't want any rumors going around as I am VERY happily married. Do I change plans? More to follow.

I heard them showtunes!! Thought I was havin a bad dream, so I just tried to go back to sleep.Makes perfect sense now.. :lol:/>/> Karl glad to hear it sounds like all went well and will help you...see ya sometime soon..mgm

TL: my laugh meter just broke. thanks!

Atleast 'Shim' is wearing some clothes.

Hey, that would be a good alias for KK ............ Korupt Shim!

For an oriental name, it could be 'Karla Shim' or maybe 'Shim Lee'.

..........Widder

Archived