SASS Wire Forum

Four Aussie Nuts

Subdeacon Joe

"Each one a rod in pickle for Japan".....I had to Google that one....

The process looks almost like cold-molded boat building....although I don't think I'd like to splash a plane made with white glue....

Thanks for the view and the phrase.

LL

Weren't these also stealthy? I think I heard that on the History channel one day, that radar did not pick them up as well as the metal planes.

IIRC Japan had some planes that were made of wood also. They were the cat's whisker at the beginning of the war until we caught up. I am not certain that getting shot at in one of these wooden planes would be a pleasant experience. Heck, getting shot under any circumstance is not a pleasant experience. :unsure:

.... well ...... you started it with that inflamatory title ...... :angry:/>

:P/>

Got yer attention, didn't it? :lol: And I bet you thought it was going to be a post about your politicians.

Frankly,

I suspect there is only one NUT!

and he's doing the posting. :lol:/>

Hey! No fair using truth here!

And, a follow up post:

Mosquito Flies Again

Weren't these also stealthy? I think I heard that on the History channel one day, that radar did not pick them up as well as the metal planes.

IIRC Japan had some planes that were made of wood also. They were the cat's whisker at the beginning of the war until we caught up. I am not certain that getting shot at in one of these wooden planes would be a pleasant experience. Heck, getting shot under any circumstance is not a pleasant experience. :unsure:/>

Noticed that, didya? I spotted it right off the bat. First time I got shot at I said to myself, "Self, this is not a pleasant experience".....and it never got any better. :)

Noticed that, didya? I spotted it right off the bat. First time I got shot at I said to myself, "Self, this is not a pleasant experience".....and it never got any better. :)/>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are so very astute, Forty Rod. Observant too!

In an unvarnished and open attempt to hijack Joe's thread, I see where they is a plan afoot, by local polticians, to ban NUDITY in San Francisco. Can they do that?

Just so you know, it sets a bad example for Seattle. Us wannabe San Francisco people are outraged.

First my HO HOs and now I have to put my clothes back on. What is going on???

In an unvarnished and open attempt to hijack Joe's thread, I see where they is a plan afoot, by local polticians, to ban NUDITY in San Francisco. Can they do that?

Just so you know, it sets a bad example for Seattle. Us wannabe San Francisco people are outraged.

First my HO HOs and now I have to put my clothes back on. What is going on???

BMC, I'm really sorry about your HO HOs, but I really don't care if you walk around without your clothes on. As long as I reserve the right to laugh so hard my brain implodes...... :o:P:lol:

Ok, we are back on track now. Yes, I would imagine a plywood airplane with two Merlin engines would be quite a ride.

Especially when you hear that creaking floorboard sound at 400mph. :lol:/>

Oh, I'd peek alright, I love a good laugh!!

NOT ME !

Folks might just git da ideaer dat we's twins or somethin' !

Archived