SASS Wire Forum

Help request to North Carolina pards

Texas Jim Henry, SASS #20616

Would like some help locating CAS activity near Greensboro, NC. Already checked the "Clubs" section of the SASS website, but not being that familiar with North Carolina geography, couldn't tell where many of the clubs listed were in relation to Greensboro.

Thanks - in advance - for your assistance.

Regards, TJH

C'mon over !!

From Greensboro central, you can shoot one hour south at Old north State Posse on the 1st Saturday. On the first Sunday, little bit of a drive (2 hrs) to Charlotte and the Carolina Rough Riders. Second saturday is a little over an hour east to the Carolina Cattlemen's Social and Shooting Association at Creedmoor. Second Sunday about an hour north gets you to Eden, NC and the Thornfield Rangers. Be sure to check out breakfast with the cowboys at Chaneys's Restaurant. 8:00AM. Ten minutes to range.

Third Saturday, you can head south to Wagram (over 2 hrs)and have fun with the Cross Creek Cowboys. Or head west to Lenoir (2 hrs) to shoot with the Gunpowder Creek Regulators. Rest on 3rd Sunday. Fourth Saturday head west for the Iredell Regulators (1 1/2 hrs) in Statesville. Rest on fourth Sunday. Now if it happens to be the fifth Sunday heaad back north to Eden.

Used to shoot 'em all eight times and sometimes more a month.

Feel free to contact us/me.

http://www.carolinacowboys.us/vb/forum.php

Hey, Texas JH. Are you moving or visiting the area?

I live just a few miles south of Greensboro. Red Cent is right. You can shoot every Saturday and Sunday. Many of those days have a choice of two matches within 90 miles. The CAS clubs in this area have quite a few known shooters. We have more than average cowboy smiths and a great annual state match in early June.

Ole North State Posse (Salisbury) just put on a Big Irons 8-stage match the week before the SE Regional near Charleston, SC.

Several clubs have somewhat regular WB matches.

Thanks Red Cent and Tom Bullweed.

No, I'm not heading your way, but I have a friend who lives in Greensboro and am trying to get him to take a look at CAS. He has two sons in law enforcement and they've piqued an interest in firearms in him. Told him if he wants to really have some fun, take a look at cowboy shooting.

I will send him a link to this thread and we'll see where it goes.

Thanks, again, for your responses!

Regards, TJH

tom and RC are correct, we have sevaral active clubs in the area. PM sent with my contact info, maybe they could come down to salsbury (ONSP) december 1st and check us out. We have a new shooters clinic in the spring, and alwasy welcome new (and potentualy new) shooters all the time..

Have a gud un!

Archived