SASS Wire Forum

Urgent care yesterday

Tom Muley

Spent yesterday afternoon in urgent care, blur and double vision. Catscan and blood work done, showed no major medical problem, but blood pressue was up a little. Doc said I had Abducens Nerve Palsy, which effects the movement of the eye. This sarted Friday as blurred vision and by next morning was double vision, left eye not moving much. I have no depth perception and won't be able to do much for a long period of time......maybe 8 weeks or 6 months. Eye doc doesn't want to see me for 3 weeks. No shooting, no driving, no wood working, no gold prospecting, and this is going to really suck. So far, no cause for this episode has been determined. Any info on this would be helpful.

Spent yesterday afternoon in urgent care, blur and double vision. Catscan and blood work done, showed no major medical problem, but blood pressue was up a little. Doc said I had Abducens Nerve Palsy, which effects the movement of the eye. This sarted Friday as blurred vision and by next morning was double vision, left eye not moving much. I have no depth perception and won't be able to do much for a long period of time......maybe 8 weeks or 6 months. Eye doc doesn't want to see me for 3 weeks. No shooting, no driving, no wood working, no gold prospecting, and this is going to really suck. So far, no cause for this episode has been determined. Any info on this would be helpful.

There for a moment, I thought you where talking about becoming a diabetic. With the blurred and double vision.

But what you've been told you have, I haven't heard of before.

Maybe some others can chime in........

Prayers up for you Tom for a complete healing.

Here's my Rx for you. Drink a quart of Takillya a day. That double vision will counteract the other double vision. Win-win situation. ;)

This is far more common in children, and literally the causes number 30 or more. I've never seen it in an adult. Since your scan was negative, I would think a viral infection is most likely. Have you have a cold in the past couple of weeks or so?

Sounds a lot like the Bell's Palsy I had.......only your's sounds worse!

Mine was a loss of Facial control that caused my right eye to stay open for about 6 months. I wouldn't wish such a thing on anyone.....it was horrible!

I still have the lasting effects of it with little muscle control on the right side.....crooked smile, no cheek movement, terrible headaches.......and even though they said it wouldn't effect my brain/memory functions, I have some shrt term memory issues that persist. I have a terrible time remembering names, faces, phone numbers and such........luckily, I still remember lyrics to songs and such.

If all Palsy conditions are the same, it will last and be persistant for weeks to months.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery from this. I am back to normal life after mine other than the few lasting conditions. My hopes are that you may see the same or better results.

If you'd like to talk about what I went through.......if it may be any help or comfort to you.......feel free to PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call.....the condition is not the same but I may be able to give you some tips for comfort that I used during my spell.

Prayers for healing and comfort.........it sucks! I know!

Take care and get plenty of rest while it's on ya......that will help relieve some of the pain and effects.

~EE Taft~

Here's my Rx for you. Drink a quart of Takillya a day. That double vision will counteract the other double vision. Win-win situation. ;)

This is far more common in children, and literally the causes number 30 or more. I've never seen it in an adult. Since your scan was negative, I would think a viral infection is most likely. Have you have a cold in the past couple of weeks or so?

I had a 24 hour flu bug about 3 weeks ago. The doctor didn't think it was connected to this condition. Thanks for info, I'll check further into it.

I had a 24 hour flu bug about 3 weeks ago. The doctor didn't think it was connected to this condition. Thanks for info, I'll check further into it.

Hopefully you saw an ophthalmologist. He/she would know more than me about this disorder for sure, so take their advice. Now about that takillya... ;)

This seeing double can be a real problem, might gain weight by eating the second plate food on the table. You my not want to use the urinal next to the one I'm using, 2 streams can be hazardous.

My God, what a terrible disease. It's totally destroyed your sense of humor.

When all else fails, laugh. It makes you feel better and drives your enemies nuts.

In my experience (once again, totally different from yours) I found that an eye patch helped to protect my eye better than sunglasses.......even made a fancy one out of leather! :lol:

In your case, the eye patch might help relieve the strain on the eyes dealing with looking two diferent directions. Maybe patch the one that won't move and use the one that will move. Depth perseption would be a problem, but it sounds like your having enough trouble with that anyway. In my case I could move my eye around.........just couldn't close it!

Mama said I looked like Twoface off Batman! :lol:

The first night I had it I rolled around in bed..........finally fell asleep........started having a strange dream about the ceiling.......then woke up and realized.......I was acually staring at the ceiling! :blink:

Driving was a real problem.........I was cleared to drive by the Doc. but soon realized it was not a good idea to run the air conditioner.....

........You wouldn't believe all the dust that blows out of an AC vent while driving that will land in your eye..........until you can't close your eye! :lol: ........I can laugh now, but man........it really sucked then!

remember to get rest........the extra stain of the eyes can really take a lot out of ya!

~EE Taft~

Hopefully you saw an ophthalmologist. He/she would know more than me about this disorder for sure, so take their advice. Now about that takillya... ;)

The ophthalmologist appointment isn't until December 4th, but the trouble is the eyesight is getting worse. I have to use a cane or hold on to someone when walking, forget about walking up and down stairs, contacting the docs about getting worse.

Archived