SASS Wire Forum

help turned away from multiple sources

Trigger Mike

Not only did the news report some power company crews being turned away, but one of our church members works for one and their crews(walton EMC) as well as Jackson EMC and a third whom I can not recall were also turned away. That is a long drive to make and not be wanted when you get there. It has always been the practice around here that if a neighbor(regardless of distance) was in trouble and had downed power lines for our crews to go out and help them and in return come out and help us when we were hit with a bad storm.

Today several on the news were complaining to bloomberg and the news asked him a question and he referred them to his press secretary and refused to answer them. Folks are without power in one of our largest cities and no heat and water and a cold front is coming. How many will die from weather related causes that could have been saved had crews from other states been allowed to help restore power?

They were turned away because they were non union workers.

Guess Bloomberg wasn't listening to the POTUS when he said to cut through red tape and make things happen.

Not only did the news report some power company crews being turned away, but one of our church members works for one and their crews(walton EMC) as well as Jackson EMC and a third whom I can not recall were also turned away. That is a long drive to make and not be wanted when you get there. It has always been the practice around here that if a neighbor(regardless of distance) was in trouble and had downed power lines for our crews to go out and help them and in return come out and help us when we were hit with a bad storm.

Today several on the news were complaining to bloomberg and the news asked him a question and he referred them to his press secretary and refused to answer them. Folks are without power in one of our largest cities and no heat and water and a cold front is coming. How many will die from weather related causes that could have been saved had crews from other states been allowed to help restore power?

I work for Jackson EMC and my son works for Walton EMC. Our company's crews worked in power restoration efforts in Maryland and are now back home. Our crews did not go to New York so I don't know about the veracity of any claims made concerning crews being turned away for union concerns.

Archived