SASS Wire Forum

? Arizona Residents

Guest talon macleod 29883

Guest talon macleod 29883

:rolleyes: I am looking to take a trip this Jan or Feb. Plan to do some driving and see things .I was wondering generally about the weather in Arizona this time of year and if things are pretty much open or not.I was thinking terms of cowboy stuff like Tombstone, The old Tuscon sets and other movie locations if available. The desert and things of that sort. Info from someone there would be helpful.

Thanks, Talon Macleod :FlagAm:

:rolleyes: I am looking to take a trip this Jan or Feb. Plan to do some driving and see things .I was wondering generally about the weather in Arizona this time of year and if things are pretty much open or not.I was thinking terms of cowboy stuff like Tombstone, The old Tuscon sets and other movie locations if available. The desert and things of that sort. Info from someone there would be helpful.

Thanks, Talon Macleod :FlagAm:

Mae B. Knotte and I visited relatives in Phoenix in July a couple years ago and decided to take our daughter to Tombstone since she nor we had ever been there. We walked down "main street", saw the reenactment at The OK Corral, and stopped in a few tourist-ee shops. Not much to see or do or eat. Went to Boot Hill and walked amongst the facsimile grave markers. Mae bought a cool Tombstone sweat shirt. Not a whole lot going on on a weekday.

Had I been alone, I would have done a little more exploring. I don't even know where the "real" modern town is but the historic part has cool buildings to check out if you take the time, we didn't. Just my 2 cents. One other thing, we had to go thru a border crossing station so be advised.

Fillmore

AZ covers a lot of area, if your talking Tucson area highs are in the mid to upper 60's lows upper 30's to mid 40's. Lots of shooting on every weekend. There are 3 2 day shoots scheduled in Tombstone for Feb for a warmup for Winter Range.Matches are available in Tombstone, Casa Grande, Phoenix and several other locations.

If you're down in January or February it can get a bit chilly in the mornings and warm up nicely during the day. Tombstone sits in the southeastern part of the state and it gets colder than Tucson at that time of year. Tombstone / Sierra Vista / Bisbee can even see snow. It will get down to the 20s and 30s at night and back up to the 60s & 70s during the day. It has gotten colder than that also. Tucson is roughly 7 - 9 degrees warmer at that time. There also is a chance of rain at that time of year.

As for matches, the are two clubs that still shoot in Tombstone, one on the first Sunday, which is Old Pueblo Shootists and one on the third Saturday, Los Vaqueros. As far as I know there are NO two day matches in Tombstone this February. There is one the weekend before WR at Cowtown (near Phoenix), and the Dusty Bunchs's, Gathering of the Posses is in March.

Lots of things to do around this way,

Have a wonderful trip...

Wily

Archived