SASS Wire Forum

Any crytographers here?

Subdeacon Joe

If so, Get Crackin'

Quest to crack secrets of lost D-Day pigeon

It was part of a very special air service crucial to the D-Day landings.

But a carrier pigeon dispatched by the invasion force to relay secret messages back across the Channel never made it home to its base.

Instead the bird got stuck in a chimney only to be discovered 70 years later, it's secret communique still attached to its skeleton in a red capsule.

The message is so secret that it is written in code long since forgotten by the security services.

Now the Government Communications Headquarter (GCHQ) in Cheltenham, Glos, is hoping to decipher the note in a bid to unravel the mystery.

An' they DON'T taste like chicken.

One time long ago I was lost out in the mountains while hunting. I shot a American Bald Eagle to eat cuz I was hungry. A Game Warden heard the shot and came and found me. He understood why I shot the eagle, but had to arrest me anyway. Took me to a Judge

and the Judge fined me $1,600 for shooting and eating the Eagle. I paid the fine and was getting ready to leave when the Judge asked me what American Bald eagle tasted like. Not bad I said, kinda like Spotted Owl or Calif Condor. :lol:

Jake

Hey.... I had an uncle who was a squab leader in WW II.... :mellow:

Strange...I had an uncle who was a cryptographer.

Seriously.

He decoded the message that said the war was over in Europe for his HQ in Germany. He kept the original for a souvenir and made a copy for the general staff. My cousin has it in a family album somewhere.

Archived