SASS Wire Forum

FS 12 ga Win 97 takedown comp ready (maybe 32's also)

Up for sale is my wifes's great Winchester 97 takedown.

Her favorite safe queen.

This gun is in such great condition that she won her class at Bordertown with it previously. I changed out the stock used it twice for Wild Bunch shooting before putting it in "storage". Great for that purpose also.

It's available since she went to a double and it's just sittn' in the safe.

Short ribbed barrel (SASS Legal);

Palo Verde rebuild and full action work,so it's race/competition ready;

excellent color on all metal-VERY VERY minor cosmetic issues, like from the gun cart.

$850.00 plus shipping to your FFL in lower 48.

Not sure about California as I have no resource to ship there.

I tried to post pix from photobucket for the last hour without success, so if you wanna see pix, please send an e-mail to Raceshots@aol.com

P.S. She may also be cutting loose her Ruger 32's/adjustable sights/West Fargo action job AND short stroke;..... but not for about a week or 2 till she breaks in the new ones.

We do use the same United States Postal Service here in California that the rest of you use, so I don't see the shipping problem myself. We aren't a different country here.

Well, we consider California VERY special.

Love the state-hate the rules.

If you wanna buy the 97, let me know, and let me have your dealer information and let me know if he'll accept the gun from a private party.

Shipping without a FFL dealer to send it should be about $60.00-75.00 with insurance, or about $35.00 to $40.00 from an FFL, let me know.

Best wishes and good shooting.

Archived