SASS Wire Forum

Blinking yellow lights

Red Logan #12252

Bridge on a Durham road near the East Campus of Duke University.

Blinking yellow lights are to warn folks that the vehicle is too high.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3c0_1351184890

Makes me want to go out and measure the height of my travel trailer. That can't be the only low bridge in the country.

eGG

LOL .

Proof you dont have to be smart to git a drivers license :blush:

Or build bridges. I think I posted the episode with the WSDOT and I 405 where they build the overpass and lowered the allowable trailer height.

Like I have said many times, THERE IS A FINITE AMOUNT OF KNOWLEDGE IN THE WORLD, BUT STUPID IS INFINITE.

Go pick up 40,000 pounds of sugar at Domino Sugar on Western Ave. in Chicago (I never liked going to Chicago anyway.....wonder why? :blink: ) and come in from the west side.............The low bridges there will bring a whole new meaning to pucker factor!

We made it though!.........But don't think for one second we didn't nearly soil our drawers doin' it!

~EE Taft~

40,000 POUNDS of sugar. That is 20 tons. What kind of sugar high were you on???

That must have been one giant glass of tea.

Come on BMC, shine takes sugar.......and lots of it. Just kiddin' EE.

That truck of hay reminded me of Wolf Creek Pass, by C. W. McCall.

Sign says clearance to the twelve-foot line,

But the chickens was stacked to thirteen-nine.

Well we shot that tunnel at a hundred-and-ten,

Like gas through a funnel and eggs through a hen,

And we took that top row of chickens off slicker

Than scum off a Lousiana swamp.

I love that song, and for those of you that have never been over Wolf Creek Pass it's not far from the truth. Except for the part at the end about the feed store, there may have been one right off the highway in Pagosa Springs at some point, but last time we went through I didn't see one :rolleyes:

We have railroad bridge in downtown Davenport, Iowa that is referred to as "the truck-eating bridge" by the local media. Warnings for the brige start MILES before the bridge. In the last few blocks there are large warning signs, flashing lights and even more warning signs...but the bridge "eats" at least one semi per month, sometimes one or two in a week, and when the clean-up is done, it just sits there, steady as a rock, waiting for the next one.

CS

Bridge on a Durham road near the East Campus of Duke University.

Blinking yellow lights are to warn folks that the vehicle is too high.

http://www.liveleak....=3c0_1351184890

I know whar dat bridge is !

I love that song, and for those of you that have never been over Wolf Creek Pass it's not far from the truth. Except for the part at the end about the feed store, there may have been one right off the highway in Pagosa Springs at some point, but last time we went through I didn't see one :rolleyes:

I know I have dat album of C. W. McCall. I'll try to dig it out an make ya a copy IFIN' yur rat nice to me........

In all seriousness, had to drive my rig down Wolf Creek one time and ONE TIME ONLY !

Took the Sawbones two days to cut that seat out between my butt cheeks !

Any of you REALLY want an adventure, there's a little dirt road between Central City and Idaho Springs named the "Oh My God Road".....

Went down that thing one time....NEVER AGAIN!

Any of you REALLY want an adventure, there's a little dirt road between Central City and Idaho Springs named the "Oh My God Road".....

Went down that thing one time....NEVER AGAIN!

Is that the old black canyon road??

B I G Truckin'!

:D

Ol' Hawk knows what I mean.......The feel of tons of freight pushin' ya down hill straight to hell!

Hey Hawk,........ya remember Black Mountain......close to the East Tennesee/North Carolina line? I like the signs that tell ya how to drive a truck on the way down! :lol:

Dad and I were easin' down Black Mountain one night......Had a flat bed haulin' I beams and pure burnin' ass blow past us doin' about 60mph.....At the bottom, there he sat on the shoulder of the road with his trailor brakes burning.......the poor guy looked like he'd seen a ghost!

That.....and the thought of makin' use of the "Oh st!t" ramps in the eastern mountains.....I had a few times while dad was sleepin' and I debated on makin' use of 'em! Dad come crawlin' outta the sleeper and ask if I'm ready for him to drive......."Sure, if you can pry my hands off the wheel and my ass outta the seat!

I can't say I miss the feeling none!

I'm better off leavin' the truckin' to my dad and my brother! :blush:

But it can be an adventure! :D

~EE Taft~

Archived