SASS Wire Forum

Who makes a 9mm AR style carbine?

Seldom Seen #16162

As Deacon said: Colt. I bought one about 20+ years ago. They were made primarily for the police dept but a few got out to the civilian population.

KK

Olympic makes models K9, K40 K10 and K45 carbines that use standard AR lowerrs for around $800. They use modified Uzi mags. You can buy any standard AR-15 upper to also work with them. Many of the other 9mm carbines are dedicated polymer receivers.

I want a 10mm version but cannot justify it yet.

I bought an Olympic pistol caliber carbine from a co-worker years ago. It's in 45 ACP. Olympics system differs from others that use dedicated lowers as mentioned above. Olympics upper receiver are dedicated by the addition of an ejector pin through the upper receiver. Since the lower is not dedicated, I can take off the pistol cal upper and put on any other upper that works with a standard lower receiver. The AR world is HUGE. Lots to look at.

Also, Rock River Arms and many other manufacturers and builders offer a 9mm. Usually on the Colt system which has a mag well adapter pinned into the lower.

As you have a computer you can "google" the item in question and get an answer. It works for a lot of things.

:huh: If you don't know the answer to my question why post something like "google" the item. :huh: It just shows you lack as much knowledge of the topic that I do.

As you have a computer you can "google" the item in question and get an answer. It works for a lot of things.

Guess it's always a good start...;) ...can't hurt I reckon....

but my answer was also Colt http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/ColtRifles/ColtCarbinesII.aspx

(hey, I googled that)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Also, Rock River Arms and many other manufacturers and builders offer a 9mm. Usually on the Colt system which has a mag well adapter pinned into the lower.

Actually, the Rock River 9mm lower is a dedicated lower. The magwell is permanently filled to only accept a modified Uzi mag. No adapter present. Just needed to clarify that point.

Actually, the Rock River 9mm lower is a dedicated lower. The magwell is permanently filled to only accept a modified Uzi mag. No adapter present. Just needed to clarify that point.

Duly noted. I learn something new every day. :D

Guess it's always a good start...;) ...can't hurt I reckon....

but my answer was also Colt http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/ColtRifles/ColtCarbinesII.aspx

(hey, I googled that)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I googled AR 9mm carbine and got 1,410,000 hits. :o It looks like it is going to be a all nighter to check all of them. :P

DANG IT!!! Next time I find a 9mm AR for less than $700.00 I'm going to buy it on the spot. :excl:

This may be a might OT, but I get the impression you're looking for a 9mm carbine. I traveled this same path a few weeks ago.

Considered the Colt, but the $1200 price tag was something of a dissuader.

Looked at the Beretta CX4 carbine.

Had the advantage of using stock 92 or PX4 mags, and at $865 it was a contender.

Looked at the Just Right Carbine.

Had the advantage of using stock Glock mags, and AR configuration made it familiar. The $700 price tag also made it an attractive choice.

However, and these are just my impressions ... the grip on the CX4 was uncomfortable; the Just Right is too new to have any kind of track record and I wasn't in the mood to experiment.

I picked up a Hi-Point 995TS for $270. It's not the prettiest gun out there, but it feeds & shoots everything I've loaded into it and out of the box I put 10 shots into a quarter-sized ragged hole at 25 yards.

I am thinking that a carbine with adjustable stock would be handy for my wife for home defense. Since it seems more and more likely we are going to have to move into town/urban area the 9mm seems like a low recoil reasonable stopping power compromise.

Like you I choked on the price of the Colt and Beretta Storm as a S&W Sport is cheaper but alas .223. But there is always the used gun market. :D

Keltec sub 9 if you can find one....or sub 2000. I can take bowling pins easy at 75 yds with iron sites. Hi Point carbines are worth the money.

On the used market the Ruger PC9 or Marlin Camp Carbine might be worth a look, if you can find them.

The Ruger uses the same mags as their P series of pistols, and the Marlin uses S&W mags.

Gives total interchangability with your sidearm, assuming that's what you have.

Don't know if anybody is making collapsible M4 style tactical stocks for them.

Marlin Camp rifles are great rifles. I have slicked the 9 mm up. The mag well can be shortened.to accept the Keltec P11 mag...10 rounds in a smoother profile. Hard to find ghese days.

Archived