SASS Wire Forum

if not by the ground....they'll get you by the air

thanks for the links - seems law enforcement had to do what it had to do...I don't know...but I ain't gonna pas 'judgement' as some feel the need to do.

but I have to laugh at the title "Texas State Trooper Fires on Truck, Kills Two Undocumented Immigrants"

:rolleyes:

Just never heard of a helicopter taking out a car in the US (a boat in US/International waters - yes)

The other interesting remark is...."If initial reports are accurate, the DPS has started executing persons who they merely suspect of the civil offense of unlawful entry into the United States." - well....if all was legit maybe the truck shouldn't have scurried off....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I couldn't get the second link to open, but did not see in the first link or the original post where the Trooper shot a person. He disabled the vehicle from the air using a firearm. No different than using spikes. The reckless actions of the driver caused the death of the 2 individuals. Chance you take when you are committing a crime. If the Guatamalan consulate is upset they should direct their anger at their own country and try to correct the conditions that cause people to want to leave. As for the "expert" professor of criminology, we had a saying in Ohio,"those that can, do, those that can't, teach."

I've often wondered why the police didn't have a man in a chopper put a round through the engine of a car during a high speed chase. It would end a lot sooner and they wouldn't have to chase some turd all over the country for hours with a flock news choppers in tow. Wait until there's no traffic around him and shoot.

I've often wondered why the police didn't have a man in a chopper put a round through the engine of a car during a high speed chase. It would end a lot sooner and they wouldn't have to chase some turd all over the country for hours with a flock news choppers in tow. Wait until there's no traffic around him and shoot.

I like the way you thunk, Forty Rod. :blink:

Did I just say that? :mellow:

Helicopters aren't the most stable platform. and your angle is going to change from second to second, making it hard to predict where a miss or ricochet might end up. And most patrol choppers have a perty cramped cockpit making long gun handling problematic.

Way out in the middle of nowhere it becomes easier but in an urban setting the liability is too great.

What about the Puff the Magic Dragon aircraft. I would bet that he could stop them pretty darn quick. Collateral damage might be an issue tho. :unsure:

Aint no more "Puff" .

Protestors saw tow dat, Badger.

But da gover-ment just re-named him "Spector" dats all !

I couldn't get the second link to open, but did not see in the first link or the original post where the Trooper shot a person. He disabled the vehicle from the air using a firearm. No different than using spikes. The reckless actions of the driver caused the death of the 2 individuals. Chance you take when you are committing a crime. If the Guatamalan consulate is upset they should direct their anger at their own country and try to correct the conditions that cause people to want to leave. As for the "expert" professor of criminology, we had a saying in Ohio,"those that can, do, those that can't, teach."

Consulates of each country is aware dat they can be kicked out of said country for any reason said country feels like the actions taken by said consulates.

Now........(clearin' throat an takin off collor ) dat der beenin saided,.......why da hell don't we kick dim fellers out till dey gits der act together an teach der folks to come in legally an all. Ifin' it don't take, welt just send'em back in a body bag untill it do take by dat country.

"But a report presented Thursday to the United Nations by the American Civil Liberties Union said shootings and excessive force by Customs and Border Protection agents on the border have left at least 20 individuals dead or seriously hurt since January 2010."

And how many of our citizens have been killed or injured by illegals in the same time frame........ :angry:

(And no, I don't expect an answer)

"But a report presented Thursday to the United Nations by the American Civil Liberties Union said shootings and excessive force by Customs and Border Protection agents on the border have left at least 20 individuals dead or seriously hurt since January 2010."

And how many of our citizens have been killed or injured by illegals in the same time frame........ :angry:

(And no, I don't expect an answer)

# 1......Da United Nations is one of da many reasons why dis country don't work like it sood.

# 2..... How do ya expect border patrol officers not to take excessive force. Please define excessive force to me when ya is beenin' shot at !

Lawdy......some dumb folks up der wif PHD's !

Archived