SASS Wire Forum

Bordertown 2012 Scores Posted

Nellie Blue #54399

Link to Bordertown 2012 Scores

Congratulations to the Arizona State Champions:

Blackjack Zak and SASS Kicker

Congratulations to the Overall Match Winners:

Single Barrel and SASS Kicker

Congratulations to ALL the Classic Cowboys and to my friend TEXAS MAC who just started shooting Classic this year and came in 4th place. :)

But....Lefty Henderson shooting Senior Duelist???? Wasn't he awarded CLASSIC COWBOY SHOOTIST 2011???? :unsure:

WOW! A dozen... count 'em... 12 CLASSIC COWBOYS! YEEEEEE HAAAAAWWWW>.... and tough times by all. GILLY BOY shot it under 300 sec! That's a smokin' good match. Way to go!

CONGRATULATIONS! You're all winners.

Now... about that Classic Cowgirl category... ahemmm.... we gotta have a talk, Ladies.

Just for clarification...the scores for Plainsman, Wild Bunch, and the Blast will be posted this evening. I just wanted to post the main match scores before I made the 9 hr drive home so I could work today. ;)

Bordertown was another great shoot as is typical when folks like Mean Raylene, Pecos Clyde, Silver Heart, Johnny Meadows Nellie Blue and others like them are involved. Kudos to all for a job exceptionally well done!

Major Payne and Wolf Wind-Walker

OK, I lied...I don't have the Blast scores yet, but I did post the Wild Bunch, Plainsman, and Clean Match list. :ph34r:

Bordertown 2012 Scores

but I did post the Wild Bunch, Plainsman, and Clean Match list. :ph34r:

Wah hoo! You are the greatest! Thanks for the hard work on the Bordertown web site, too! People like you, Nellie, are the lifeblood of great matches. And TA and Mist and Two Dot and a ton of the other pards from Southern AZ, too!

Good luck, GJ

Every one wants the costume based categories but For three years i lobbied for an aged based classic cowboy . It appears thats not going to happen l am 63 and have chosen to shoot with my peers

Lefty, I don't want to hear it! :)

I'm 69, turning 70 in Feb'13. ^_^

Besides, looking at the scores, you ranked #29 :o and and Gily Boy(bless his heart) won CC with a rank point of 78. :D

I want you to re-think this "peers thing" and shoot the only catagory that you were ment to shoot, CLASSIC COWBOY! :D

Your friend,

Ghost

Ghost,

I am with you, pushing 60's plus, all I can say but Classic Cowboy is where I am. See ya down the trail pard.

TB

Any chance you guys could post the match booklet with the scores? Would like to see the stages!

I'll pass your request along. :)

Any chance you guys could post the match booklet with the scores? Would like to see the stages!

Stages look like others. What is different is there are no P traps, great props, lots of shooter flexibility, and most important, the targets are very large and very close. Anywhere else do you see very large 3.5 yard pistol targets, 5.0 yard big rifle targets, etc.? In addition the match runs on time even with 325 shooters on 6 bays, using two shifts.

Archived