SASS Wire Forum

Strong brew

Apache Hawk 60642

Hearded on da ray-ditty-o yesterday night dat der was a beer, 24 oz I believe, dat was 160 proof !

Damn beer is like drinkin' pure Ever Clear !

Any y'all hearded bout it or known who makes it ?

I aint gonna drink any....NO Sireee.......justed whated to maybe, like, git my hands on some.

Know it aint legal here but I aint one fer fellerin' laws none to good....ifin' y'all know what I meant ! lol

You sure that they weren't talking about this?

Dropping a shot of 160 proof Devil Springs vodka into a pint glass of Natural Ice beer.

Don't tank so Marshal........

Name of da beer is "Armageddon."

Dat's da one Subdeacon....

Tank ya !

I'll have one and put it on Calico's tab..........she won't mind !

Hawk, this stuff looks to be 130 proof! To get "beer" to that high of an alcohol content, it would need a ton of sugar additives, And, imo. it is no longer beer when you add that high a percentage of adjuncts/non-traditional ingredients. (so says Bucky, the amateur zymurgist/home brewer) . I could well be wrong, as I haven't ever tried it, but sounds like it would taste crappy as a beer or liquor. Put a shot of Bulliet in a good beer, send me the difference in price, and we'll both be happier than if you bought a bottle of that stuff! :lol: Bottles, whiskey for Hawk, on my tab! Oh what the hell, make it a double shot for all the Saloonitics! Or ice cream for my non-drinking friends!

Bucky

Each 330ml bottle of the brawny brew has more alcohol in it than whisky or brandy and sells for £80 ($129) in British shops. If that’s too steep for you, then hie thee to the Aberdeenshire-based Brewmeister Brewery itself, where a bottle of Armageddon can be purchased for half the price, or you can try its website, where there's a two-week wait.

Brewmeister describes its "inherently Scottish" Armageddon thusly: "Despite being 65%, this beer has lots of flavour. It's slightly sweet, hoppy, malty and retains much of the yeast present during fermentation. Bottles are conditioned but we recommend people drink this in 35ml measures. So drink with friends to save it going flat."

If I only have one shot, can I have some ice cream too?? Please :D

Wif al-kee-hal content dat high, I doubt yur'll still be awake after dat first slug ya drink kicks in ! lol

Then I'll eat the ice cream first, then I'll use the shot to raise a toast to my Cornhuskers (GO BIG RED) who are in fact WINNING their game...... :P

RATZ !

Hawk, this stuff looks to be 130 proof! To get "beer" to that high of an alcohol content, it would need a ton of sugar additives, And, imo. it is no longer beer when you add that high a percentage of adjuncts/non-traditional ingredients. (so says Bucky, the amateur zymurgist/home brewer) .

You would need really strong yeast to survive that much alcohol. I would try freezing beer to about 0F and filtering out the ice crystals.

Archived