SASS Wire Forum

Bend a knee

Pards I would appreciate if anyone so inclined would bend a knee for my dad who is now facing open heart surgery after 82 years of healthy living. He's always taken care of himself but doc says right now he has to make some difficult decisions.

Its difficult to come to grips with one's own mortality and complications/recovery in this case could prove worse than just submitting to the inevitable.

Comments from those who have had to deal with this are appreciated.

Reverently,

Rev Willy Dunkum

First of all here's a prayer.

My dad had quintuple bypass surgery years ago. He wasn't quite as old as your dad, but after he was convinced the he could indeed recover, he kicked it into gear and came back strong.

Here's hopin' your dad comes out alright!

Rev., your Dad, You and Your Family have my thoughts and prayers. My mother went through a 5 way bypass a few years back and has been better that she's been in years. She's not as old as your dad, but was in bad shape. My prayers go out y'all that he will see as good a' results and make a full recovery.

~EE Taft~

Prayers up for your Dad, Rev. Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

Hi Rev. Really sorry to hear that about your dad. Adding my prayers.

My dad had open heart at 68 for an aortic valve replacement and a 5-way. Everything that could go wrong, did. Couldn't get him off the respirator, kidneys failed, his breast bone wouldn't knit back together. He spent 5 months in the hospital, had to have a muscle flap placed over his chest went through all kinds of pt because by the time he was well enough to get up and walk his legs didn't remember how and 2 days after he got home he passed away in his sleep.

Let me tell you it worried me some when Reb had to have by-pass surgery a few years ago, but he came through it with no set backs at all. You just never know how these things are going to turn out.

Spend all the time you can with your dad. Ask him everything about his life you don't already know. Tell him what he means to you. Give him lots of hugs. Be strong for him even when you don't think you have any strength left.

I'll be thinking of you. :wub:

Prayers up for healing and for comfort for your dad and comfort for you.

Thanks Ellie, and others who have posted. When faced with a crisis with a loved one, there just doesn't seem to ever be enough time.

It's good to have cowboy family to remind us of what's important.

We had two workers that had open heart surgeries . One fellow, about my age, had two open heart surgeries. And came through them both just fine....took a long while to recover from them.

The other, my age also, had only one open heart and he never made it back it work. Seemed like a dark cloud was over the work place for a long time and the company has a special consular in to help us.

I talked a lot to my Creator and it seemed the heavy dark cloud lifted from me.

Anyway, when ya think life is at it's darkest hour, with no light at the end....just bend ya knee and pour you're heat out toward heaven !

Rev,

I hope that your Dad's time left is comfortable for him and comforting to you and his family.

Prayers up for y'all. May your faith bring you strength, understanding and peace. God Bless.

Prayers on the way.

Archived