SASS Wire Forum

I am taking a poll

Perro Del Diablo

i am looking to get a zombie hunter. My main match guns are gret but just in case those zombies are cautious and stay out of range for my loads thought get something with a little more reach.

Cheaper than Dirt list these.

Cimmaron 1886 carbine $981.59

Chiappa Kodiak traditional trapper 1886 $1184.88 to $1230.

Winchester XL 1886 $1015.43

Rossi Rio grande $442.60 to $488.59

The next to are Marlin 1895 at Cabelas $589.99 and bass pro $599.99

Last is a Browning 1886 BLR 1 of 50 listed on Guns of America for $999.

Let me know how you experts think on these.

CW

Ps.

If you thought I said pervert and not expert wash out your mind.

Not on your list, but I suggest a good .243 winchester magulum in the package of your choice.

An older Remington model seven comes to mind.

For ZOMBIES, I prefer iron sights, but that is a personal thingy.

Not on your list, but I suggest a good .243 winchester magulum in the package of your choice.

An older Remington 700 comes to mind.

Thanks Badger my daughter has a .243 Rem 700. I was looking to stay little more classic and a 500 grain bullet don't hurt either. Except maybe my shoulder.

Perhaps my suggestion was tainted with my personal preference. I do not have a .243 in my stable. I had an opportunity to pick one up about fifteen years ago, for a mere $225.00, but I had not use for it at the time so I passed on it. I have hoof marks on my backside ever since. I even went back to get it but it was GONE. Of course.

My M/L shoots a .58 caliber lead bullet, but reload might be a bit slow if you get a lot of ZOMBIES.. Personally, I am going with my M1 Garand. That 30-06 will reach out and touch someone right smart.

A handy and light rifle in .308 (7.62 NATO) - off which there is alot of - is the Ruger Gunsight Scout Rifle. Bolt action, 16.5" barrel, detachable box mag (3,5,10 rnds) available, iron sights or you can mount a traditional scope OR a foreard mounted scope/red dot type for quick aquisition. Zombies move slow enough that there is no rapid fire needed - just good head shots ;)

Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle

GG ~ :FlagAm:

A handy and light rifle in .308 (7.62 NATO) - off which there is alot of - is the Ruger Gunsight Scout Rifle. Bolt action, 16.5" barrel, detachable box mag (3,5,10 rnds) available, iron sights or you can mount a traditional scope OR a foreard mounted scope/red dot type for quick aquisition. Zombies move slow enough that there is no rapid fire needed - just good head shots ;)

If ya can find one!!

I gotz a 1873 Spring felid Trap Door.....60 grain of "holy Black" ...packed bout 2 tens of a inch over powder card wif a 500 grain bullet...........

It's reach out an tag dim zombies fer a long ways off ! lol

An older Remington model seven comes to mind.

Badger,

What's a MAGULUM?

+1 this has got my vote :wub:

If ya can find one!!

Local gun shop has one on the shelf .

I have looked it over and she is beautiful. :)

I love the looks but just dont have a use for it . :o

No ZOMBIES around hear :)

Remington 740/760 series .308 Winchester with 10-round mags from Midway USA for $30 each.

I am looking for a 760/7600 pump rifle to do this with.

Another, but costly option, would be the Remignton 7615, the .223 pump rifle with a mag well made for AR mags.

Bring on the brain-eaters!!!

Archived