SASS Wire Forum

Enlisted Ranks Explained

Subdeacon Joe

They always told me a spec 4 was an irresponsible cpl. Best drill sgt I ever had said it was his favorite rank, way better then being an sfc. He suggested attaining that rank then screwing up just enough to keep it.

Okie,

They still are, it just seems that God doesn't have the same cache today, in general.

The Navy got the Chief Petty Officer concept right and it still exists - the backbone of the Navy.

Harvey

A Retired 06 who respected and relied on chiefs throughout his career, starting as a boot ensign - God Bless ya!

Except in the Navy back in the day... Chiefs WERE God. :lol:

...and in the Army...

...I was raised up by some really crusty old WO4's who I knew their siht didn't stink... <_<

...just sayin'...

Spec-5, didn't know if you were responsible or not

Wanted to be a sgt but worn't, no wonder I'm a mixed up cowboy.

...and in the Army...

...I was raised up by some really crusty old WO4's who I knew their siht didn't stink... <_<

...just sayin'...

Yup ! Zackley !

...and in the Army...

...I was raised up by some really crusty old WO4's who I knew their siht didn't stink... dry.gif

...just sayin'...

A wise Army officer listened very carefully to their warrants. I did. I learned. I benefited. :)

I was proudly able to maintain my Private rank throughout my two years in the Army. :rolleyes:<_<

In the Navy, I made RM2 (E-5) and had passed the test for E-6, but didn't have enough time left in the service to accept the promotion without extending two years.

In the Navy, I made RM2 (E-5) and had passed the test for E-6, but didn't have enough time left in the service to accept the promotion without extending two years.

That was the same with me and Wildcat in the Army for O-5 -- we liked civilian better. :)

Archived