SASS Wire Forum

Wanda Jackson

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8g0C82QoLqk

A VERY Happy belated [October 20] 75th birthday to the First Lady of Rockabilly - Wanda Jackson :wub:

Thank you for help keeping rockabilly alive all these years.

Respectfully,
Professor Tull

Here is your cool fact of the day, Professor.

My mom worked with Wanda's mom at Tinker AFB in Midwest City, OK. I never personally met her, but my mom did a few times. Mom bought a used couch off of Wanda and we had it in our house for years and years. In the early '70s, Wanda apparently had a thing for Teal Green.

Here is your cool fact of the day, Professor.

My mom worked with Wanda's mom at Tinker AFB in Midwest City, OK. I never personally met her, but my mom did a few times. Mom bought a used couch off of Wanda and we had it in our house for years and years. In the early '70s, Wanda apparently had a thing for Teal Green.

SGR -

How 'cool' is that?

I met her in late 64 at Spanky McFarland [Our Gang Spanky] Bar-B-Que in OKC. She pulled up in a turquoise Caddy with white interior and top.

First saw her perform in 61 at the Continental Roller Rink in Tulsa - she rocked.

I was smitten :wub:

Tull

Cool Stuff, Prof.

That young bunch of eager musicians was like watch poor ol' Wanda in the middle of a food processor!

I was skeert she was gonna get hurt! :lol:

But it was very cool! Good rowdy bunch of rockers with and rockin' lead singin' Gal!

One could only wish that modern music could move in this direction!

~EE~

Cool Stuff, Prof.

That young bunch of eager musicians was like watch poor ol' Wanda in the middle of a food processor!

I was skeert she was gonna get hurt! :lol:

But it was very cool! Good rowdy bunch of rockers with and rockin' lead singin' Gal!

One could only wish that modern music could move in this direction!

~EE~

EE -

Have a good friend who was part of the production of the "Thunder On The Mountain" video.

Twenty plus takes - in one day.

Jack White and his band members were dragging tail at the end of the day - Wanda was just getting going good. Most of the footage featuring her was from the last 8 or 9 takes.

Tull

Archived