SASS Wire Forum

We have a great Governor doing good things

Thank for signing the bill into law Governor Snyder!!

LANSING, Mich. - Gov. Rick Snyder today signed legislation to guarantee all public school children the opportunity to recite the Pledge of Allegiance every day.

"This legislation provides one more way to help introduce students to the importance of civics," Snyder said.

The requirement takes effect for the 2013 school year. All children will have the opportunity to say the pledge, but no one will be required if they or their parents object.

The legislation also calls for a U.S. flag to be hung in each classroom where the pledge will be recited. Both the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars have offered to help furnish flags, within their resources, for schools that cannot afford them.

:) ...just too bad legislation has to be passed for this sort of thing

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Wow - that is certainly "news worthy".

Illinois has LOTS of problems - fiscal, in particular.

And, lack of leadership.

- BB

That was normal when I went to school, and on Monday mornings we had a flag raising ceremony in front of the school. That went on all the way through high school.

Yes...me too. Now we have to fight for 'normal' these days.

GG

I'd say (and I'm no expert) that my generation was the last to see normal use of the Flag in the classroom along with the Pledge spoken every morning.......Somewhere between my generation and my kids generation we've gotten off track....I'll say nothing of my personal feelings on this as I hate to lay blame.

I thank God (Which is something that I can still do out load in the halls of our schools) that God and the Flag are still present in our public schools.

There are some that I mention this to around here that seem to have little care and feeling on this matter. I wonder what they would think if the tables were turned and the Flag was taken out of our schools.

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Long may Ol' Glory wave........over us and under God!

~EE Taft~

Archived