SASS Wire Forum

Trapdoors

Naw not union suits but rifles! I picked up this 1884 today and she is nice and slick. Have avoided this type all my life but finally gave in. Believe it'll fit right in with the Roller and Shiloh too. Only one problem and that is the ramrod is missing...expensive devils too! :blink: Well, its not a problem in shooting it but I want to make it correct.

Congratulations. I was never interested in these either until recently when a coworker GAVE me two of them. One is complete with a dark bore. The other has a cut down barrel, broken stock but a beautiful bore. I still haven't shot them. I'm still searching for that perfect load for my C Sharps 45-90.

Yeah for Yellowhouse Sam. Last year I bought a Springfield trapdoor 1884. It had a shortened stock but an uncut barrel. It turns out to be a Cadet, not a Rifle. Great bore and action. Paid $100 for it. It had been sitting in a closet since 1946. Buffington rear sight. It shoots great.

Jake

I thought you found my trapdoor to the bat cave. :huh:

Where you keep all the good booze? Nope, we found that a long time ago! :)

Yeah for Yellowhouse Sam. Last year I bought a Springfield trapdoor 1884. It had a shortened stock but an uncut barrel. It turns out to be a Cadet, not a Rifle. Great bore and action. Paid $100 for it. It had been sitting in a closet since 1946. Buffington rear sight. It shoots great.

Jake

Thats a nice find Jake!

Archived