SASS Wire Forum

Moldy leather..

I really don't know if this question belongs here or in the "Arts" section, but I'll try it here first..

I recently dragged out my old muzzleloader shooting bag and checked it out..It looks fine on the outside, but the inside has got a bit of mold and mildew, along with some small possibles bags I kept in it..It's not terrible, but the bags do need cleaning, and also has a bit of a smell I would like to get rid of..Any of Y'all know the best way to clean it? Right now I have it hanging out in the sun, that seems like a good place to start..

I've used rubbing alcohol on shoes that were stored in a damp place. As for the smell, putting a dryer sheet in the bag might help. It works for me with old steamer trunks that get theat musty smell.

I found a leather cleaning company, they have several products to clean moldy leather first they have a liquid wash, then a leather finisher, It worked great on several holsters and belts they are called Leather Therapy and their website is www.leathertherapy.com they have several different sample kits. I was very pleased

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Doc,

Ask Nancy Pelosi's husband.

Rev

Guest mcshagnasty,sass#452

My friend Allan Wah of Wah maker western wear wears a very old and beautiful fringed deer skin short jacket that he bought used a long time back he told me when he first got it it stunk something awfull and looked to be very old and had a lot of wear and was filthy

he also told me he took it home and covered it with bakeing soda and left it for some time

the bakeing soda removed all of the smell and dirt and retained it,s flexability and he still wears it to thjis day...

hope this is of some help and good luck

b.b.Mcshagnasty

sass452

This comes up frequently on a m/c list I subscribe to, the consensus there is a product called concrodium works very well. I haven't tried it myself, but users swear by it. I'm told it's available at places like Lowes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived