SASS Wire Forum

Halloween

Badlands Beady

Does anybody put on their cowboy duds for Halloween, either to hand out candy, take the kids around, or go to a party? I do, to answer the door, but we haven't had a single trick-or-treater since we've lived here, some 18 years. Don't know whether it's being out in the country, or the cemetery next door.

I dress up on Halloween, but not always in my cowgirl stuff. I did do that last year at work, except for the gun belt and of course the guns (I work for one of the area school systems). Usually I like wearing my witch costume and telling everyone I'm not dressed up.... :lol:

Well no, Badlands. I considered doing that one year, and I was going to go as a nudist/tourist kinda thingy,

But the end of October is quite cool and rainy in this part of the world, my peer group (wife and kids) frowned upon the idea and the police department was down right discouraging. So I migrated to a more conventional costume of looking like a tired old geezer. It goes over quite well.

Nope, not me. Halloween is for the kids.

One year at work, bunch of folks dressed up, and the boys on mahogany row somehow picked that day for a big downsizing. My manager came by to say goodbye to me, and we said our pleasantries and goodbyes, neither of us knowing that the other had also been laid off.

One year I went as a pull toy - buck nekkid except for a pair of roller skates! :o :o :o:lol::P

Since then, by popular demand, I've dressed up cowboy and hand out the candy. Like Badlands Beady, we haven't had a single trick or treater since we moved here three years ago. 'Course ya can't see the house from the road and our driveway is a quarter-mile long. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I would pay good money NOT TO SEE THAT, Red.

We only get the two kids from across the street. I am not sure they will even be out this year. Elizabeth who is six, how did she get to be that old already, is probably the only one that really gets into the thing. She is as cute as a bugs ear. Christopher, her older brother is getting too big to be bothered with it, except for the candy.

But the up side is that I get to stash the candy. Dang it, somebody already got into it. May have to get some more. :rolleyes:

No Halloween out here. Nice and quiet. I go into town the next day for discounted candy.;)

OK, that gives me some time. Gotta balance it out, if I get it too early, I'll eat too much of it before hand, if I get it too late, they'll be out of the stuff I like...

You want to wait. I bought ours on Sunday while I was at the grocery store, and it's been talking to me ever since. You would not believe how loud 6 bags of little chocolate bars can scream "EAT ME"!!! :lol:

I won a couple of costume contests last year for dressing up in my cowboy duds. I'll sport mine again this year. I'm heading up to Oklahoma City, it ought to be a riot. Lots of candy, a couple of colleges so scantily clad ladies, and quite a few parties. My liver is already dreading it. BTW, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, not as many question why I'm acting like an idiot. Lol

Last year a lady asked if I'd like to go to a halloween party at a local club, I said sure what are you wearing I asked and she said depends on what your going to wear? In said I can either come as a cowboy or in my civil war confederate uniform. She said if you wear that I'll wear my southern belle dress we're both historic reenactors. So we dressed up and went everyone wanted to know where we rented our costumes and we said these are our costumes, we won best costumed couple LOL I didn't have to do anything special. Several years ago one of the cowboys in my group threw a costume party we all showed up in our cowboy & cowgirl outfits the hosts said "I thought you'd all dress up but not in cowboy clothes LMAO

Have a safe halloween

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Archived