SASS Wire Forum

Virginia leads the nation in......(drum roll please)........legal machine gun ownership!

Good heavens! California has nearly 29,000 machine guns ~ and Colorado didn't even make the top 3? Come on Grizz & Calico Mary! We have some catching up to do! Mary, forget that .38! Nothing says "home defense" like a Tommy Gun in .45 acp.

eGG

Good heavens! California has nearly 29,000 machine guns ~ and Colorado didn't even make the top 3? Come on Grizz & Calico Mary! We have some catching up to do! Mary, forget that .38! Nothing says "home defense" like a Tommy Gun in .45 acp.

eGG

Ya EGG I was kind of surprised myself when I read California was 3rd in the nation.

eGG

You mistake me for someone with money! I've often said that if I came into crazy stupid money I'd start off with a Gatling gun and go from there.

but alas.....“Machine guns actually are a really good example of why strong gun laws work,” said Daniel Vice, senior attorney with the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence."

Whatever....:rolleyes:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Yeah, I wondered about California, as I have always heard that they were illegal there.

>Possession of automatic weapons or short-barreled shotguns or rifles prohibited without DOJ "Dangerous Weapons Permit"; permission rarely granted outside of film industry. Suppressors (aka silencers) prohibited. AOW's (Any Other Weapons) permitted, except for "pen guns."<

All them machine guns for the movies is what makes California #3. I doubt there are very many legal machine guns in private hands, there. Unless you're good friends with the Governor, or something like that.

eGG

You're more than welcome to buy one for Buick for Christmas :D

I use to know of an annual event north of Atlanta, GA, for machine gun enthusiasts. It was usually on Thanksgiving weekend give or take a week or two. Don't really know if its still going. The event was called Machine Gun Melee(sp??).

Archived