SASS Wire Forum

And another thing which I have no enthusiasm for

Utah Bob #35998

All those maybe states are getting hammered. If you parses would vote right the first time like we do in Oklahoma they wouldn't bother you!

It ain't so much the native Coloradoans, when I was growing up except for Boulder most of the areas were conservative. Then people started moving here in droves from other places....hence our now being a swing state :wacko:

Watching one of the anchor dudes swimming in the sea of hyperbole about the debate tonight, I realized there's still 2 DANG WEEKS 'TILL THE ELECTION. :blink:

I spend 5 minutes at the post office throwing away political flyers and the evening is spent deleting Vote For Me messages on the machine.

I am sooo sick of politicians and their sleazy lying campaign managers! :angry: Arrrrrrgggggghhh!

Amen Brother :excl:

Nope!

.....But I durn sure don't need someone else tryin' to make up my mind for me!

:D

:FlagAm:

Bein' able to make up my mind on my own is what makes this country so great!

~EE~

What a bunch of grouches! :D

Would you rather have some other system that selects the most powerful leader of the free world? ^_^

The system is fine, it's the constant phone calls that drive me nuts! I don't even mind the commercials that much, gives us time to go to the bathroom or kitchen or channel surf. And we do look at a lot of the mail stuff. But WE pay for OUR phone for OUR use, and NO ONE, I MEAN NO ONE has any business EVER calling our number without our permission. That goes for politicians, solicitors, and charities! It may not be illegal, but it sure as shootin' SHOULD be, and it's definitely rude! :angry:

The system is fine, it's the constant phone calls that drive me nuts! I don't even mind the commercials that much, gives us time to go to the bathroom or kitchen or channel surf. And we do look at a lot of the mail stuff. But WE pay for OUR phone for OUR use, and NO ONE, I MEAN NO ONE has any business EVER calling our number without our permission. That goes for politicians, solicitors, and charities! It may not be illegal, but it sure as shootin' SHOULD be, and it's definitely rude! :angry:

Ms Mary, I understand your angst. ^_^

I'm thinking in the context of human history. :blush:

Sorry, maybe I am a little grouchy! Bad day at work, and we're now up to 8 calls just this evening, and it's not even bedtime yet.... :wacko: I'm just starting to wonder if my sanity will still be intact in two weeks! (Yeah, yeah, I know, I don't have any in the first place!) :lol:

I checked our caller ID box before I left for work this morning, and the final tally from JUST yesterday...between about 2:30 in the afternoon until about 9:15 last night....ELEVEN, that's right ELEVEN, calls from numbers not belonging to anyone we know :angry: In one afternoon/evening!

How much longer is this supposed to go on?????

That's been my favorite peeve for as long as I can remember. The national "do not call registry" is a joke.

What a bunch of grouches! :D

Would you rather have some other system that selects the most powerful leader of the free world? ^_^

I would lay down my life to protect the system. The system isn't the problem.:(

Doesn't bother me....we have 'silent' mode on our phone and after 6 pm it's engaged.

Anyway...they are just doing the job alot of us should do in trying to get the candidate we would like to see in office...I volunteered to help with the phone bank at our local Republican headquarters next week.

Relax...it'll all be over soon and you can go about your normal lives.

BTW: Info for The National Do-Not-Call Registry https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

GG~ :FlagAm:

My opinion? Voting doesn't matter, they put in office who they want in office. Just sayin'

Voting DOES matter...alot of folks died for our right...don't waste it.

GG

Guest jeweler jim

Voting DOES matter...alot of folks died for our right...don't waste it.

GG

Don't mean to be argumentative, but you might note that Curly lives in Illinois. So unless it might be a local issue it will be ??? Have you not heard the two words "Chicago Politics?"

So we'll vote being out and away from the "city," but I believe that he refers to way the general state and national votes go here.

Some of us have lived too long in IL, just saying...

And we are the only state without concealed carry...

See, now you went and got me started...

Doesn't bother me....we have 'silent' mode on our phone and after 6 pm it's engaged.

Anyway...they are just doing the job alot of us should do in trying to get the candidate we would like to see in office...I volunteered to help with the phone bank at our local Republican headquarters next week.

Relax...it'll all be over soon and you can go about your normal lives.

BTW: Info for The National Do-Not-Call Registry https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

GG~ :FlagAm:

Hate to tell you this, but the Do Not Call registry is useless as for as political and charitable calls are concerned, both are exempt, and does very little good for solicitation calls as well. And the first thing any candidate needs to do to get mine and Buick's vote is to NOT call us. I applaud your volunteering to help with the campaign of your choice, that's admirable, but the worst way for any candidate to contact people is by phone. You have no idea of the trouble you may be causing the people you are calling, so to do so ain't right. The commercials and mail aren't so bad, but ringing phones are way too disruptive. Do you KNOW the work schedules of everyone you are calling so you know if they are sleeping, or when their kids may be sleeping or studying, or if any family member is sick, or what time they are eating dinner, or if they have company, or.....??? :blink:

Archived