SASS Wire Forum

And another thing which I have no enthusiasm for

Utah Bob #35998

Watching one of the anchor dudes swimming in the sea of hyperbole about the debate tonight, I realized there's still 2 DANG WEEKS 'TILL THE ELECTION. :blink:

I spend 5 minutes at the post office throwing away political flyers and the evening is spent deleting Vote For Me messages on the machine.

I am sooo sick of politicians and their sleazy lying campaign managers! :angry: Arrrrrrgggggghhh!

Don't feel bad, you're not alone. We've had the phone ringer shut off for 2 weeks....

And you should have seen the scumbag that showed up at our door one night last week. Long scraggly dreadlocks, full beard, dirty t-shirt and jeans. I opened the door and this bum asked to talk to my daughter! I almost yelled to Buick to grab a shotgun, but got myself under control long enough to tell this bum that Ellen was away at college. He then proceeds to try and get me to agree to listen to his speil about who he was trying to gather support for in the election....

Felt SO good slamming the door in his face!!! :angry:

Me and my little wife voted today.Got it done.Pray our votes will make the difference.

Me and my little wife voted today.Got it done.Pray our votes will make the difference.

Tex, yours may... and I hope it does.

I'm one of a bunch of folks who clearly understand that ours will NOT make a difference in the President and Senator elections. :(

But BY GOLLY wait'll they count the Dog Catcher and Mosquito Abatement Board ballots!!! ;):FlagAm:

Pard

Just remember the wise words of Abe Lincoln

"You can fool some of the people some of the time"

and

"you can fool all of the people some of the time."

"But"

"You can only make a monkey out of the voters every 4 years!!!!!!!!"

Don't feel bad, you're not alone. We've had the phone ringer shut off for 2 weeks....

And you should have seen the scumbag that showed up at our door one night last week. Long scraggly dreadlocks, full beard, dirty t-shirt and jeans. I opened the door and this bum asked to talk to my daughter! I almost yelled to Buick to grab a shotgun, but got myself under control long enough to tell this bum that Ellen was away at college. He then proceeds to try and get me to agree to listen to his speil about who he was trying to gather support for in the election....

Felt SO good slamming the door in his face!!! :angry:

One advantage of living way out here. Nobody comes knocking. :lol:

Maybe I should send my daughter to your place for winter and summer breaks..... :P

Whoa der calico !

Best not do dat !

She'll ski in da winter and and just love it der in summer till she won't want to go back !

I usually watch Fox News and lately it's all debate,debate,debate!! Drives me nuts! I watched 2 episodes of Gunsmoke tonight instead of Fox and I never seen either of 'em before. I love that show. I think I'm gonna swear off on politics, I'll vote pro-gun but I'm not paying attention to all this BS anymore!

Someone said that BOTH Romney and Nobama have visited my fair state of Ohio a record number of times because it's a "battleground state". When either is elected we'll never see 'em again until the next election! What a bunch of BS, ALL OF 'EM!

Grrrr....................

Rye

Springfield Lil and I already know our votes don't count. No one campaigns here, neither of the candidates or their running mates live in the state and the national media has been telling us for months that only states like Ohio, Florida, California and Colorado matter to these two yahoos.

But we will perform our solemn duty on Election Day and cast our ballots, then come home and see how the two parties divided the pie.

Whoa der calico !

Best not do dat !

She'll ski in da winter and and just love it der in summer till she won't want to go back !

She tried skiing once in 5th grade....I doubt she'll ever do it again! :lol: And if Bob wants his laundry and dishes done over the summer, well, I'll just have to live with doing my own :unsure:

She tried skiing once in 5th grade....I doubt she'll ever do it again! :lol: And if Bob wants his laundry and dishes done over the summer, well, I'll just have to live with doing my own :unsure:

I tryed ski'in once.....skis didn't like me too much so dey left wif me on 'em !

Got meownself a busted waist and forearm fer da trouble an aint hearded nary a word from dim skis !

We're far enough removed where we don't get the door-to-door nuisances. We haven't gotten many phone calls either. I'll be glad when this whole mess is over.

Calico, had a feller from that same group I think come by and ask for my daughter. All I said while holding my big white dog was "NOT INTERESTED" before I shut the door.

I shoulda thought to sic the cat on him, that would guarantee there would be no return visit! Must be the whole "new voter" thing....

Even all the election garbage is not driving me crazy enough to strap two overgrown toothpicks to my feet and fall down a mountain....but it's getting close!

I tank I was in a state of really bad drunkness when I saw one ski take off disa' way an da other go data way an din I saw da snow comin' up mitey fast an I though it was SOFT snow, but it aint !

I shoulda thought to sic the cat on him, that would guarantee there would be no return visit! Must be the whole "new voter" thing....

Ya know, it could be he's casein' out yur homestead !

Had dat happen round here... a feller in dim locks asked da door opener bout dis or dat pol-i-tickin' thing.

Next night, da place was robbed ! Picked clean !

So da pol-ice tolt all us not to let'em into da house.

Dat feller in locks came to da door at supper time tonight, an somethin' didn't seem rat.

He wanted to come in an I said...I saids to him...I saids..."Shore, but ya got ta ask da Colonel first !" an cocked my Dragoon leveled at his belly button !

And fer y'all ask....yup it was charged an capped !

I never would let any of them in! I'm pretty sure this guy was really campaigning for a candidate, for some reason those groups get info on brand new voters and then specifically target them to try and influence their vote. Ellen just registered this year, she was eligible last year but there really wasn't any kind of election. The guy knew her name, just didn't know she lives 4 hours west...

Had a feller pull up 4 years ago while I was flingin' birds in the air and bustin' em'....... Had a SxS in my hands and pointed well away from the driveway.......When he pulled up, he rolled down the window as I made a shot (a hit at that) and I glanced back at him........He said "Have you given any thought to your vote this election?" As I loaded I replied "Sure have".

He started to talk and I interupted him by saying (As I faced well away from his car) "Ya probably better leave.....I'd hate to miss and hit yer car by mistake!"

..........I didn't even watch him pull out to see what the bumper sticker said.

Nowadays the UPS guy is about the only one that comes around. :unsure:

~EE Taft~

Utah Bob et al, Tune it ALL out....I do. (Surprised by that from one who writes a political column?)

The only event of ANY significance occurs on 6 November. The rest is simply repetitive and insignificant distraction, irritation, distortion and noise at this point.

Just the view from my political saddle! :D

One advantage of living way out here. Nobody comes knocking. :lol:

Having a 'No Soliciter' sign works for us - it's illegal (at least in our township) for anyone to pimp stuff to you if'n ya have a sign on your property - it works ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

We're far enough removed where we don't get the door-to-door nuisances. We haven't gotten many phone calls either. I'll be glad when this whole mess is over.

Guess that means you don't live in a battleground state.

Lucky you! :lol: :lol:

Watching one of the anchor dudes swimming in the sea of hyperbole about the debate tonight, I realized there's still 2 DANG WEEKS 'TILL THE ELECTION. :blink:

I spend 5 minutes at the post office throwing away political flyers and the evening is spent deleting Vote For Me messages on the machine.

I am sooo sick of politicians and their sleazy lying campaign managers! :angry: Arrrrrrgggggghhh!

...ya'll have so much stuff about this 'ere presidential election 'cause ya'll be one of them thar "swing" states who's electorial votes are right important since it be tied at 237 each right now.... <_<

Having a 'No Soliciter' sign works for us - it's illegal (at least in our township) for anyone to pimp stuff to you if'n ya have a sign on your property - it works ;)

It's not law here, but I do have a sign, it doesn't stop them, and when I point it out, they try to say that they aren't soliciting, yeah right, they are soliciting my vote.

It's not law here, but I do have a sign, it doesn't stop them, and when I point it out, they try to say that they aren't soliciting, yeah right, they are soliciting my vote.

...if'n you were in Indian Territory instead of the all important Colorado/one of 7 in the swing state column, you wouldn't be bothered by political pundants...

...at the last presidential election, Ok voted all democratic folks out of office and not one county out of 77 favored Obama. This time around the sentiment is even more to the right 'cause of the ecomony, even tho we do have, statewide, low unemployment-locally we be over 10%...

Utah Bob et al, Tune it ALL out....I do. (Surprised by that from one who writes a political column?)

The only event of ANY significance occurs on 6 November. The rest is simply repetitive and insignificant distraction, irritation, distortion and noise at this point.

Just the view from my political saddle! :D

I keep telling my wife that but it is useless. She is a news junkie and a rabid political junkie.

After so may years I just let it float by with the rest of the septic.

I keep telling my wife that but it is useless. She is a news junkie and a rabid political junkie.

After so may years I just let it float by with the rest of the septic.

...popular vote vs. electorial college...

Nov. 6 really ain't all its knowcked up to be... <_<

Section 11 (of our Township Ordinance)

Violation and Penalties. Any persons who violates, disobeys, omits, neglects, refuses to comply with, or resists the enforcement of this Ordinance, shall be responsible for a municipal civil infraction, and shall be punished by a fine not to exceed $500.00 and all applicable court costs. Equitable relief may also be awarded by Michigan Law. Each act of violation and every day upon which and such violation shall occur constitute a new and separate offense.

Four years ago my neighborhood had a bunch of Dem signs and only one repub sign. This time it's the other way around.

that's encouraging :D

Archived