SASS Wire Forum

Computer Problem

Cofachique Dick

Wonder if anyone here can help with a problem I am having viewing MP4 videos on my home PC. No matter what device I take videos with, after I download them to my PC and try to play them with Windows Media Player,the audio and video play out of sync. They start out together, but the video runs at a different speed than the audio. A little ways into a video the "clang" starts coming before the "bang"! I searched all the help files and trouble shooters but could not find anything on this problem. Any ideas much appreciated.

C D

Sir, I must ask ya.....what made ya tank you'd find someone wif smarts amongst dies drunkin' cowboys and cowgirls ?

Some of us make our living working on/with computers everyday and play cowboy on the weekends :).

Although audio and video is not my area of expertise, I'd suggest making sure you have the latest version of Windows Media Player. You might also try downloading Apple Quicktime or Itunes; I'm a PC guy myself but in my opinion Apple has Microsoft beat in the multimedia game.

Try this

OpenWindows Media Player.

Click"Tools" and click "Options.'

Openthe “Performance” tab. Ensure that a check is next to the "Drop frames tokeep audio and video synchronized" and "Turn on DirectX VideoAcceleration for WMV files" options.

Click"Apply" and click "OK." Restart Windows Media Player andopen a video file. Ensure that the audio and video are in sync.

Click"Help" and click "Check for Updates."

Installthe updates if your Windows Media Player is outdated.

Try this

OpenWindows Media Player.

Click"Tools" and click "Options.'

Openthe “Performance” tab. Ensure that a check is next to the "Drop frames tokeep audio and video synchronized" and "Turn on DirectX VideoAcceleration for WMV files" options.

Click"Apply" and click "OK." Restart Windows Media Player andopen a video file. Ensure that the audio and video are in sync.

Click"Help" and click "Check for Updates."

Installthe updates if your Windows Media Player is outdated.

Curley;

I can not find a "tools" tab anywhere in my Windows Media Player. How do I find it?

Also, I tried viewing my MP4s with Quicktime, and they play out of sync there too!

Curley;

I can not find a "tools" tab anywhere in my Windows Media Player. How do I find it?

Also, I tried viewing my MP4s with Quicktime, and they play out of sync there too!

right click the top bar of WMV

left click "more Options"

left click "performance"

Under DVD and Video playback, click "drop frames"

OK, I found the tool bar and turned the drop frames on. Still have the same problem. Sound is WAY off with WMP and Quicktime both. My MP4s were taken with three differnt devices and they all play wrong.

I must have something really screwed up somewhere!

C D

OK, I found the tool bar and turned the drop frames on. Still have the same problem. Sound is WAY off with WMP and Quicktime both. My MP4s were taken with three differnt devices and they all play wrong.

I must have something really screwed up somewhere!

C D

Try this:

You will need to resync audio with MP4 video if the original file has been encoded out of sync. MP4 is a video container that was popularized during the latter half of the 2000s. You will need a frameserving post-processing tool if you want to sync audio and video together. Because MP4 is a relatively new format, many frameserving post-processing tools do not work with the format. If you want to sync the audio with MP4 video you can only use AviDemux. AviDemux will allow you to shift the audio and video synchronization as much as you like.

This is how I fixed mine. From E-How.com

Stumble Leena +

Download and install AviDemux. Click "Start," then "All Programs," then the "AviDemux" folder and then "AviDemux" to launch the application.

Click "File" and then "Open."

Locate and select your MP4 file. Click "Open."

Click "Shift" to enable the time shifting on video and audio.

Change the "0" counter to increase or decrease the millisecond delay between audio and video streams. Click "Save" once you have finished your syncing needs, designate a location and file name. Click "Save."

If your computer is more than 2-3 years old, it is probably at least partially a hardware problem.

Many computers use a integrated video card built into the motherboard and sharing memory with RAM.

You can upgrade to a separate video card with its own memory and improve your computer's speed at the same time for about 50-75 bucks and 15 minutes of your time.

If your computer is over 4 years old, it is likely more economical to upgrade it.

Archived