SASS Wire Forum

Apathy

Help

I do......

.....what do ya need?

Then I hope you don't care about me after you read the new pizza party thread..... :P

Yea.......Me too !

Hating requires caring. In which case, I couldn't possibly hate you.

Well din, ya aint readed what a certain young women what likes table dancin' here in dis here Saloon has done an gone and raided bout ya, have ya ? ! lol

Whilst y'all are blindly meandering through the mazes of your philosophical minds would one of ya have enough electrons to get me a Shiner Bock?

Hey, I've got 2 or 3 in the fridge right now. I may break one open tomorrow.

I care, Help.

Brethren and sistren (yep, that's a real word), our Brother Help seems to be going through the miseries. I think we should all gather up (electronically anyway) and give him a big group affirmation hug! Maybe some aroma therapy too.

Yeah...that's the ticket! And who has the herbal tea? Anyone got wheatgrass juice?

Hawk, can you cook up some brown rice, please? And Sam, maybe you could whip up some tofu and eggplant ragout? Mary, I hate to seem sexist and imply that you can't do anything outside the kitchen, but could you maybe make up some organic ginger-limeade? I think there is organic agave nectar with which to sweeten it.

Oh...this is so exciting. Badger, do you have any whale songs music? Or maybe astral projection music? Those really help in driving away those nasty miseries, don't you think?

Apathy...a splinter tribe offshoot of the mainline Apaches, who practiced ritual extraction of front teeth, resulting in a lisping dialect.

I care, Help.

Brethren and sistren (yep, that's a real word), our Brother Help seems to be going through the miseries. I think we should all gather up (electronically anyway) and give him a big group affirmation hug! Maybe some aroma therapy too.

Yeah...that's the ticket! And who has the herbal tea? Anyone got wheatgrass juice?

Hawk, can you cook up some brown rice, please? And Sam, maybe you could whip up some tofu and eggplant ragout? Mary, I hate to seem sexist and imply that you can't do anything outside the kitchen, but could you maybe make up some organic ginger-limeade? I think there is organic agave nectar with which to sweeten it.

Oh...this is so exciting. Badger, do you have any whale songs music? Or maybe astral projection music? Those really help in driving away those nasty miseries, don't you think?

Brown rice ? Yup, I'll git it goin' rat now !

My I offer fer consideration (Whew ! Fancy word aint it ? !) some Native American music ? Seems to sooth my soul. Burn some sage smuge, and when the bad spirits leave, burn and pray to the Creator, some sweetgrass smuge to keep dim bad spirits from comin' back ?

I care, Help.

I don't think your being sexist, but do you mind explaining just what the heck organic ginger-limeade is???? :blink:

Brown rice ? Yup, I'll git it goin' rat now !

My I offer fer consideration (Whew ! Fancy word aint it ? !) some Native American music ? Seems to sooth my soul. Burn some sage smuge, and when the bad spirits leave, burn and pray to the Creator, some sweetgrass smuge to keep dim bad spirits from comin' back ?

Oh! That sounds WONDERFUL, Hawk! The more inclusiveness and diversity we can celebrate the better! I can just feel the convergence of the many universal harmonies converging right here! Maybe, along with the Native American, and forgive me for making the assumption that you are being somewhat insular and meaning those native to the south-west region of what is usually termed "North America," we might also include some Andean flute music, and music of those who inhabit the forests of the American North East?

Well IMHO, the difference between ignorance and apathy is ignorance is simply a state of "not understanding" a condition which can be reversed though education, study, and practice..

Apathy is just not givin' a crap anymore..

Now let's pass around this here jug of peyote juice.. :blink::rolleyes:

Then we'll REALLY be able to see some universal harmonica convergence! :lol:

Oh! That sounds WONDERFUL, Hawk! The more inclusiveness and diversity we can celebrate the better! I can just feel the convergence of the many universal harmonies converging right here! Maybe, along with the Native American, and forgive me for making the assumption that you are being somewhat insular and meaning those native to the south-west region of what is usually termed "North America," we might also include some Andean flute music, and music of those who inhabit the forests of the American North East?

Most certainly, Joe. That is some wonderful music as well.

And I think I have a c.d. or two laying here about !

I don't think your being sexist, but do you mind explaining just what the heck organic ginger-limeade is???? :blink:

Why, it's ginger-limeade made with all natural and organic ingredients!

Oh...but you're just teasing me, aren't you? ;) I know that such a tolerant, inclusive, and diversifying spirit such as you simply must be knows what it is!

(kidding aside, it's pretty darned good stuff. This version from Epicurious:

3 1/2 cups water

3/4 cup sugar, or to taste

2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger

1 cup fresh lime juice

Thin lime slices for garnish

In a small saucepan stir together 2 cups of the water, the sugar, and the ginger, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, and simmer it for 3 minutes. Strain the syrup through a fine sieve set over a bowl and let it cool. In a pitcher combine the cooled syrup, the remaining 1 1/2 cups water, and the lime juice and stir the limeade well. Divide the limeade among the tall glasses filled with ice cubes and garnish each drink with a lime slice.

Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Ginger-Limeade-200667#ixzz29t6x66sa

For a variation on it, when you do the syrup with the sugar, water, and ginger, toss in some fresh mint.

Also, the recipe lies when it claims this makes 4 servings. Makes two, tops. Especially on a hot day. Upsize it to make a gallon or two.)

Deacon,

Sounds like it would be good! Specially once ya add in the bourbon!

Bourbon, the one sure cure for Apathy as well. :lol:

After much experimenting ;) I've found that cognac or brandy gives a taste and balance much more harmonious to the pallet.

Archived