SASS Wire Forum

Can you tell what they did wrong?

Subdeacon Joe

Something isn't right with this. A morter round has a fusing system that requires it to be fired before it will detonate. If you just drop one, it won't go off.

That was my thought also. IIRC there is a safety fuse on the side of the round that is ejected when the round leaves the tube.

Only problem I saw was there was not enough of them standing close when it exploded.......

That was my thought also. IIRC there is a safety fuse on the side of the round that is ejected when the round leaves the tube.

BMC, it's more than likely that those are either Russian or Iranian mortar rounds and they may not be made the same....just a thought.

I was kinda hoping that it was a training video at the suicide bombers school.....we need more of them to get on the training field and have at it :)

BMC, it's more than likely that those are either Russian or Iranian mortar rounds and they may not be made the same....just a thought.

I was kinda hoping that it was a training video at the suicide bombers school.....we need more of them to get on the training field and have at it :)

Good point. I would give them all A+ if this was a Martyr school vs. a Mortar school.

Wonder what they were going to shoot at? I guess we will never know.

I'm good with that.

Archived