SASS Wire Forum

Uploading photos to ads

I'm having a fit (Actually my Wife is having one, she's the computer expert in this house!) getting photobucket to post some pics to an ad I have here on the classifieds..We saved the pics to photobucket, but can't get them to download to my ad..It keeps telling us it's an invalid address, or something like that..Anybody out there that might could help or offer some advice? Would sure be appreciated..Thanks!

I'm having a fit (Actually my Wife is having one, she's the computer expert in this house!) getting photobucket to post some pics to an ad I have here on the classifieds..We saved the pics to photobucket, but can't get them to download to my ad..It keeps telling us it's an invalid address, or something like that..Anybody out there that might could help or offer some advice? Would sure be appreciated..Thanks!

I'm no expert on this but maybe this will help: Open your Photobucket album. Open your SASS ad. Put cursor on PB pic you want to add to SASS classsified ad. It will be highlighted. Bring cursor down to the words "Direct Link". Left click it. Now the link to the pic is copied. Go to SASS ad at the flashing cursor, click and the link to PB should show up. Hope it works. If not send photo of Buntline to jmrjr98@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Another option; Google Minus.com

They have much better reviews by the geeks than PB. I used them for the first time with pics of my Black Hills Rig that is currently for sale. (check out the link to have a look) Full size pics in high resolution, VERY easy to use.

Best,

Two Spurs ^_^

I found that I had to post the written part of my thread then go to photo bucket and copy the image using the direct link then I go back to my post and use edit to add the picture.

It may just be my computer causing me to do it that way but everytime I leave SASS to go to photo bucket I lose everything I've already done. I haven't figured out how to save anything but there must be a way.

Willy B'

Doc, can you just send the pics via email to folks that want to see them? Seems like quite a few people do it that way. That's how I did it a couple of times cause I had the same problem yer havin' !!!

Rye :)

Do your ad. Open a new tab & go to PB & clik on the direct link to your pic, go back to your classifieds ad, place your cursor wher you want the link & right click & paste it. Follow suit with the other pic links.

Photo bucket has NEVER worked for me despite following all the helpful tips from posters here. It just sucks IMHO.

Al

Thanks for the advice, pards..I'll try it and see what happens.

Photobucket apparently works really well for some folks, but we have always seem to have trouble with it.

I am having the same problem! Thanks for the information.

I was able to create an album in Photo Bucket then link the album into my ad. After you upload to Photo bucket left click on direct link and it will copy then go to your open ad and click on link then control V in the box and you will have a link to your pictures in your ad.

One has to wonder why a site that doesn't collect dues such as Muzzleloading Forum can let you upload pictures for free and do it easily but SASS, with millions of dollars of member dues, can't fix their software to allow you to attach photos.

Archived