SASS Wire Forum

Raindango is in the bag

Finagler 6853 Life

The Mississippi Raindango (Fandango), this years state championship, is over, fini, done, complete. Why call it Raindango? It rained both days. It was a bit soggy. YOu have no idea how hard it is to swim a stroke, shoot a round, swim a stroke, shoot a round, until you are done with the stage. The whole crew really worked hard at providing as much cover as possible but one stage got flooded out and there were just too many rain drops to dodge.

The saddest part is the traditional Saloonatic Posse, 1, is kaput. Fancy Free has pictures that she plans on posting later to confirm this but the onliest old timers from historical Posse 1 in attendance were me and Footloose. They put us on Posse 2. :( (hat over your heart for a moment of silence). The redeeming thing is that a bad day shooting is still better than a good day working.

We still had fun, lots of laughs, a few curses because of jumping targets and malfunctioning guns but in all it still was a good time.

Congratulations to Cowboy Carty and Misty Blue Montana. The overall mens and womens champions.

I'm buying the next round. Hoist your glasses high boys and girls. Here's to the Saloonatic Posse 1. RIP.

Guest Henry Horns SASS #19579L

Howdy Gents,

Miss Hazel & I know y'all.

:( T'was sad to hear that this was the year of the passing of Saloonatic Posse #1. :(

Hazel & I are o.k. and all, but too many other issues prevented our appearance at Fandango.

We really missed coming to the festivities.

It is good to hear from you, Dapper Dan (the original). We tried to contact you a while back when you were having some health problems and got no reply.Glad to hear that you are still vertical. We were worried. All the best to you, Pard. Hazel sends HUGS!

And Finney, all the best to you and your family as well. More HUGS!

Henry & Hazel Belle

I know you guys even if I have'nt seen y'all in forever. I might even qualify for one of them hysterical posse 1 thingys!

Miss seein you guys, y'all ain't too bad for a bunch of northerners. Sad about the passing of posse 1, makes me wish I could have made more trips up there.

Tex(sending hugs to Miss Hazel and drinks to my pards..on Marsha's tab)Boden

:P

Archived