SASS Wire Forum

Burning Sensation

At the indoor range today to get some practice time before this weekend's pistol qualification. .45 ACP case bounced off the divider and landed inside my glasses burning the skin right above the cheek bone. Any suggestions besides Neosporin to help it heal without scarring?

I earned my scars and wear them proudly :) but you can get some vitamin E gel caps, cut them and rub on the wound, it will help with the scaring

Silvadene is the best burn ointment around. I've had that exact same thing happen as well -- gets your attention real fast. :blink:

Is Silvadene OTC now?

I use Watkins Petro-Carbo Salve on everything.

CPK

Sorry to hear dat happen Pard..I truly am.....

But my Grand Father used to put salve on it....as a matter of fact he'd put salve on anythin' ifin' he tought it wood help !

Ma...I broke my arm....

Put some salve on it.

Paw....da cow's gone dry !

Be alrat......just rub alittle salve on her !

Dey'd even slap it on a rock ifin' dey thought it wood help ! LOL

Wow. I'm relieved.

From the title I thought we'd be comparin' antibiotic recommendations....... :rolleyes:

Slap a little Bag Balm on it.........it'll be aw'ite

http://www.bagbalm.com/

:lol:

Y'all remember that stuff, don't cha?........We use the heck out of it on horses and cattle over the years.

~EE Taft~

Y'all remember that stuff, don't cha?........We use the heck out of it on horses and cattle over the years.

~EE Taft~

Udderly fantastic.....

Use it on dry feet and hands; moisturizes right quick.

LL

Bag Balm for the Win!!! that stuff is a miracle paste, right up there with the best of them!

I took a 45acp case down the neck of my shirt yesterday, nice 1/2 moon burn on my collar bone.

I am choosing to ignore it.

Bag Balm for the Win!!! that stuff is a miracle paste, right up there with the best of them!

I took a 45acp case down the neck of my shirt yesterday, nice 1/2 moon burn on my collar bone.

I am choosing to ignore it.

As much I want to ignore it I have a full case mark at the bottom of my left eye. The Misus did not like it. I do have two cool stories about my injuries. One is the truth. A hot brass got me in the eye. The other one is that I got in to a fight who gets the last HO HO cake. Darn those PTA meetings.

Where do you get this Bag Balm?

~EE Taft~

Oh yea.....dat's one of 'em !

May be a little late now, but some Aloe Vera would have been great if you keep one growing for just such an occassion. The sooner the better.

FWIW...YMMV

SOso

Ya should be able to find Bag Balm at local Walgreens stores or some such.Our local farm stores still carry it....doubt they will ever quit carryin' the stuff. Great for pets and live stock.

YMMV with it, but Mom and Grandma swore by it! ^_^

All I will say is I've still got scars from my misspent youth.......but I lived through it! Used it a lot on horses for sores and cuts. Good results were had......I still got a can around here somewhere. One can might last the average household for years.

~EE Taft~

Archived