SASS Wire Forum

For sale- Colt Buntline

SOLD PENDING FUNDS..

I have a Colt Buntline I'm selling in order to help fund a custom flintlock rifle project, it's a 2nd generation, 12" barrel, .45LC caliber with hard rubber grips..It's in very good condition cosmetically, only some slight drag marks on the cylinder, but does have a few issues..It currently has a non-original hammer in it..The original hammer has a broken half-cock notch and a bit of pitting-It will be included in the sale..I had a gunsmith go through it and get it in good shooting condition, he informed me it also needed a new trigger in addition to needing the original hammer welded up and re-cut..It currently shoots well and is extremely accurate..$975.00 OBO plus shipping, shipped from my gun dealer to yours..Hope to get some pics up in a few days..Thanks for looking!

Top of barrel reads: COLT'S PTFA MFG Co HARTFORD CT USA

Side of barrel reads: COLT BUNTLINE SPECIAL .45

As is usual in the classifieds, the first "I'll take it" gets the pistola.

I have a Colt Buntline I'm selling in order to help fund a custom flintlock rifle project, it's a 2nd generation, 12" barrel, .45LC caliber with hard rubber grips..It's in very good condition cosmetically, but has a few issues..It currently has a non-original hammer in it..The original hammer has a broken half-cock notch and a bit of pitting-It will be included in the sale..I had a gunsmith go through it and get it in good shooting condition, he informed me it also needed a new trigger in addition to needing the original hammer welded up and re-cut..It currently shoots well and is extremely accurate..$975.00 OBO plus shipping, shipped from my gun dealer to yours..Hope to get some pics up in a few days..Thanks for looking!

Top of barrel reads: COLT'S PTFA MFG Co HARTFORD CT USA

Side of barrel reads: COLT BUNTLINE SPECIAL .45

As is usual in the classifieds, the first "I'll take it" gets the pistola.

Hey Doc can you tell me what kind of replacement hammer was used? Was it a 2nd gen, 3rd gen, or an Uberti? Thanks, Rye :)

Hey Doc can you tell me what kind of replacement hammer was used? Was it a 2nd gen, 3rd gen, or an Uberti? Thanks, Rye :)

The replacement hammer was given to me, and I think it was a Uberti, although I can't say that with 100% certainty..I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Colt hammer..Everything else on the pistola is original..And like I said, the original hammer will be included.

Archived