SASS Wire Forum

What do you believe?

EE Taft

Heaven?

......Now, I know this will probably be pulled and that it runs the risk of arguement or the usual heated debate.......let's take it the other direction......just list your ideas, for the enjoyment of your SASS Pards.

I've heard it all said about streets of gold and pearly gates......the true love the likes of which are never experienced on Earth.....but I, and I think many of us, have our own ideas of Heaven's true wealth that awaits us, and to realize that we are all rich in love, friends, family........and so on......here and now. To me I've been blessed. I've not said this too much so I'll throw it out on my sleeve for all to see now. I (like many others here) was pretty much dirt floor poor as a kid coming up and for the most part (compared to the modern ideas of money wealth) I remain dirtfloor poor.......that's in terms of money, mind you......Don't get me wrong....I work, hard as the next man, but I'll never be in that big house on the hill and never care to........I am rich.....I have a beautiful wife, three great kids, the talents that God has given me, and I can still feel a sense of happiness and pride when I'm knee deep in horse hocky! :lol: I'm rich in looking at what I have, not what I still want.

........So......My idea of Heaven.......

The smell of ragweed on a warm summer day.

The crisp fall wind

A warm fire and company of good friends

Mom's lemonade

Grandma's big sloppy wet cheek kisses. :lol:

The warm love of my wife.

A spring day in the yard with my kids.......not doing anything fancy. Maybe, flying kites or playing baseball.

My boys seeing which one can give me a tighter hug.

my daughter climbing up on my lap in my easy chair.......and then, ever so softly, laying her head on my shoulder.

the feel of Daddy's leathery hands as he hangs his arm around my shoulder while walking and talking.

Seeing my granddads when they were strong and couldn't get enough of my love

My brother.....helping me up everytime I fell........everytime. Thanks, Jimbo.

My Sis, she was just wild......but still love her. :lol:

My Pard, Larry "Pegleg" Shannon smiling for his first.....and last SASS shoot picture.

Slow days at work that just seemed to drag.......but now I miss every squeek in the floor of that place.

Mom's apple pie.

Walkin' through Turkey Creek in Ralls county Missouri and skippin' rocks across the water.

The warm love of my wife. :lol:

A smooth ridin' horse that I once knew......long since gone.

Ridin' down the highway in dad's old W900 KW while dad told me stories of his life at my age........and hopin' I would learn from them.

squeezin' the trigger nice and smooth......hearin' a BANG quickly followed by.....CLANG!

The smell of raw leather that floats through my house......everyday.

A fine playing guitar.

The smiles on the faces of everyone I love.....family and friends.

Oh....and.......The warm love of my wife. I'm truely blessed. :)

And I would like to shake the hands of the many brave men and women who fought and died so that I might enjoy these things in life. :FlagAm:

You can pick out right away which of these are memories and which are everyday. Soon the everyday will be a memory and new everyday will come along.......It's a path we all walk.....that narrow, rocky path up yonder.

Well,.........this big ol' cowboy's heart just turned to complete mush! :blush:

My idea of Heaven is memories, having the good......and maybe even a little of the bad. It's sittin' on the porch watchin' a thunderstorm roll in while sippin' sweet tea and pickin' my guitar.......it's the simple, pure, honey sweet, moments in my life.

I talk of these things without reference to the order of the day, the politics, and worry............Heaven don't have that.

So.........what's your idea of Heaven?

Bless you all......my fine friends

Gotta go wipe my eyes now.

~EE Taft~

~Don't forget to tell everyone you love in life how much you love them...they know, but.......just don't forget.~

What ever your belief........Heaven or other........I'd like to hear it......I hope this don't get pulled. :blush:

Why EE, you're just an old softy, ain't ya? :D It's getting hard to remember I'm actually old enough to be your mother, you sound so much older than your years sometimes. And I don't mean that in a bad way, I wish more younger people had their heads on as straight as you do, I'd feel a whole lot more positive about the future of this country if they did!

OK, even though it's early and the coffee hasn't started kicking in yet, here's my Heaven on Earth:

The feel of Buick's arms around me and knowing he really loves me

When that demon-spawn cat of mine forgets her true personality long enough to let me pet her

Having Painted Filly tell me that she'd passed $3K in ticket sales for the raffle, and knowing all the hard work we'd put into it was going to help a couple of wonderful folks just a bit :)

Finishing a quilt or other sewing/craft project for a friend

Hearing my kids say "I love you mom"

Walking into my son's ICU room a week and a half after his accident and seeing him sitting up in a chair, all the tubes and stuff gone, and knowing that in time he would fully recover from his injuries

Seeing people who have served our country get the respect and thanks they deserve

Spending time with good friends

Rainbows after a nice rain, and beautiful sunrises/sunsets

Playing in the backyard with the kids after a blizzard, and hearing them laugh at mom ending up on her butt in the snow

And the closest to Heaven I've ever gotten--being in an aspen grove in the mountains in autumn, and seeing the magnificent gold and orange leaves against a background of green trees and blue sky, smelling the fragrent pines, and listening to the sound of a nearby stream :)

I'm sure I could come up with more, but have to wake up first ;)

I wish I could write how I really feel.I could write what hell on earth was like because I lived in it when I was growing up.If I could write how I feel now the tears would run like water.May God bless all of you as He has blessed me.May you all feel the love that is around you.

~Don't forget to tell everyone you love in life how much you love them...they know, but.......just don't forget.

I recently learned that my only sibling has a very serious illness. I made sure I told him my feelings about him--probably as much for his benefit as for mine. The last words I had with my father before he died were words of anger. He subsequently had a major surgery from which he didn't recover. I never had the chance to tell him how much I loved him. I've felt bad about that ever since.

OO

No pain - all gain with Jesus Christ

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Too true, Pard! :)

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm dodging the question of what's my idea of Heaven but,

I don't want my idea of Heaven; :blush:

I'd rather have God's idea of Heaven. ^_^

1 Cor 2:9

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

And,

I believe SASS should approve a Baptist Category! ;):P

Why EE, you're just an old softy, ain't ya? :D It's getting hard to remember I'm actually old enough to be your mother, you sound so much older than your years sometimes. And I don't mean that in a bad way, I wish more younger people had their heads on as straight as you do, I'd feel a whole lot more positive about the future of this country if they did!

OK, even though it's early and the coffee hasn't started kicking in yet, here's my Heaven on Earth:

When that demon-spawn cat of mine forgets her true personality long enough to let me pet her

Having Painted Filly tell me that she'd passed $3K in ticket sales for the raffle, and knowing all the hard work we'd put into it was going to help a couple of wonderful folks just a bit :)

Finishing a quilt or other sewing/craft project for a friend

Hearing my kids say "I love you mom"

Walking into my son's ICU room a week and a half after his accident and seeing him sitting up in a chair, all the tubes and stuff gone, and knowing that in time he would fully recover from his injuries

Seeing people who have served our country get the respect and thanks they deserve

Spending time with good friends

Rainbows after a nice rain, and beautiful sunrises/sunsets

Playing in the backyard with the kids after a blizzard, and hearing them laugh at mom ending up on her butt in the snow

And the closest to Heaven I've ever gotten--being in an aspen grove in the mountains in autumn, and seeing the magnificent gold and orange leaves against a background of green trees and blue sky, smelling the fragrent pines, and listening to the sound of a nearby stream :)

I'm sure I could come up with more, but have to wake up first ;)

:blush:

I am a cutie, ain't I?

:lol:

You got some nice thoughts there, Miss Mary.

I wish I could write how I really feel.I could write what hell on earth was like because I lived in it when I was growing up.If I could write how I feel now the tears would run like water.May God bless all of you as He has blessed me.May you all feel the love that is around you.

Hmmmm....an interesting thought comes to mind on this one, Pard. Think of this......you're riding on a slab of concrete, with a rough bottom of mixed base rock....pulled out of the ground by a strong horse......now as that horse drags that slab, while you stand atop, if makes for a rough ride as the bottom is worn smooth........but as you go it gets smoother and smoother.........Never a smooth easy ride, but easier to handle as you get use to it, and as the rough side of the slab is worn slick.

My prayers always, Pard.

~EE~

~Don't forget to tell everyone you love in life how much you love them...they know, but.......just don't forget.

I recently learned that my only sibling has a very serious illness. I made sure I told him my feelings about him--probably as much for his benefit as for mine. The last words I had with my father before he died were words of anger. He subsequently had a major surgery from which he didn't recover. I never had the chance to tell him how much I loved him. I've felt bad about that ever since.

OO

My Prayers for you and your brother, Pard.

I'm so touched by the fact that you made it a point to let him know what he means to you. None of us should let that last chance slip away.

~EE Taft~

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm dodging the question of what's my idea of Heaven but,

I don't want my idea of Heaven; :blush:

I'd rather have God's idea of Heaven. ^_^

1 Cor 2:9

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

And,

I believe SASS should approve a Baptist Category! ;):P

I'm with Birdgun on this one. Yea God, Boo Devil. I will be happy with whatever he gives me.

Now about that Baptist Category------------------------------------- Do I haves to git dunked every time I shoot? If so, I'm in.

I'm with Birdgun on this one. Yea God, Boo Devil. I will be happy with whatever he gives me.

Now about that Baptist Category------------------------------------- Do I haves to git dunked every time I shoot? If so, I'm in.

That's DUNK, not DRUNK, ya senile old coot. :blush:;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a sad fact....or feeling to me........Many here are older than I.......(No, I'm not trying to be an arse! ^_^ )and I've seen many names posted lately......and seen some I've gotten to know. It's nice to know that we will all meet again after we part trails......at the other end.

.......Oh,...the thing about memories...good and bad....If I had it all to do over, I don't think I'd change a thing. I ain't been no angel, but I've learned from most mistakes.......They were just God's way of tellin' me to turn around and go the other way....

There's a choice.....that freeway headed down at an ever steepening pace..........or the narrow, rocky climb up the hill.

I'll take the narrow, rocky climb.

~EE Taft~

EE pard...God bless and thanks for bein' a friend.

GG

My thanks to you and God, Pard.

I thought I might bump this back to the top for those that care to read and leave their thoughts.

~EE~

It seems you work your whole life trying to accumulate things. As you get older, you discover that it's not the things you cherish but family and friends and memories of events. When I go to Heaven, I hope I get to keep all the good memories. :)

I also hope that the memories of all the bad stuff I've seen get sent somewhere else. :angry:

It seems you work your whole life trying to accumulate things. As you get older, you discover that it's not the things you cherish but family and friends and memories of events. When I go to Heaven, I hope I get to keep all the good memories. :)

I also hope that the memories of all the bad stuff I've seen get sent somewhere else. :angry:

That's the idea of someone that knows what they are truely rich in......family, friends, love and happiness. Unfortunatly, there are some that spend their whole lives trying harder to accumulate those things to the point of hurting those they love. I have seen first hand parents that have exploited their children because they had ruined their credit in which results in the children never having a chance to save for a decent life.

I think if more folks realized that it wasn't about those things and more about family the world would be a better place.

.........I know......in a perfect world, right?

I think everyone comes to the realization that those things they have are meaningless without family and memories. It's just a matter of when they see this.......before or after it's too late.

Well.......that was a crappy thought to put in y'all's heads today! :lol: Just glad I came from a family that didn't want for things like that.

Have a blessed day, my friends.

~EE Taft~

I believe there should be a Constitutional amendment banning the DH.

Archived