SASS Wire Forum

THE TRIPLE CROWN

Mose Spencer, SASS #63490

Well Folks,

After all the hub bub about new match structures and how's this gonna be and where's that gonna be .

Lets talk about the original SASS points race, THE TRIPLE CROWN .

The Triple Crown was in great company for 2012 with several other combination or points races like the TEXAS 3 Step,The Tri-State Championship, and The Dixie Cup just to name a few.

The executive directors of the Triple Crown series have been working tirelessly on the 2013 series of matches. I even hear tell of some late night negotiations possibly even involving ALCOHOL. :rolleyes:

Currently there are more than 6 matches working out the details with the Final 3 to be announced before the end of the year.

Lets Play where's the TRIPLE CROWN 2013.

The First person to guess the final 3 will be awarded a FREE!!!! TRIPLE CROWN ENTRY.

WHO'S UP!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm disqualifying myself 'cause I overheard some of the negotiations.

I WILL say this!!

IT'S GONNA' BE A REAL BLAST, AN' OL' MOSE HAS A FEW SUPRISES UP HIS SLEVE!!

:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

Midwest Classic, Ambush (Alabama State), Shootout at Hard Times? Where ever it is it should be great. Only some of the negotiations involved adult refreshment?

If the Classic is one I hope it has all the extra's the Open had, Papa Dave and I had a ball!!!!!

Randy

Midwest Classic, Ohio State, Ambush, AL would be my bet.

Ambush? Which one, there are several shoots with that in it's title! We know the Midwest Classic is a given....So.....Michigan and .....Shootin in the Shade? Am I close? Gonna be a party for sure if Mose and Bella have anything to do with it! Just hurry up and tell us so I can sign the dotted line!

I am hoping the US Open, The Midwest Classic, and The Illinois State Shoot. But then again , I am 10 minutes away from all of them!!!! If it were so, I reckon I would have died and gone to heaven. Wait a minute, it sounds like I already did.

WW

maybe if Titus ran a match in Mo. Mose runs a match in Il. and Copperhead runs a match in Ky. Three states Three matches Three times the fun. Three is not a bad number to kick off things with. The Triple Crown must go on and live forever!!!!! T-Bone

Let's see,there's been talk of late night negotiations involving alcohol...I'm in, where do I sign up!? :P Sorry to say, due to prior commitments (work :angry: ) I was unable to make all three legs of the Triple Crown 2012. Sure hope that ain't the case in 2013!

I already won... by the calendar it's the only combo that makes sense. Send me my entry :D

Well Folks,

After all the hub bub about new match structures and how's this gonna be and where's that gonna be .

Lets talk about the original SASS points race, THE TRIPLE CROWN .

The Triple Crown was in great company for 2012 with several other combination or points races like the TEXAS 3 Step,The Tri-State Championship, and The Dixie Cup just to name a few.

The executive directors of the Triple Crown series have been working tirelessly on the 2013 series of matches. I even hear tell of some late night negotiations possibly even involving ALCOHOL. :rolleyes:

Currently there are more than 6 matches working out the details with the Final 3 to be announced before the end of the year.

Lets Play where's the TRIPLE CROWN 2013.

The First person to guess the final 3 will be awarded a FREE!!!! TRIPLE CROWN ENTRY.

WHO'S UP!!

I'm curious as to why so many are saying the Midwest Classic? That match's attendance has been steady to declining at less than 150 shooters while the U.S. Open has been seeing increases since its inception.

Midwest Classic U.S. Open

2007 - 118 N/A

2008 - 147 N/A

2009 - 147 2009 - 181

2010 - 165 2010 - 195

2011 - 142 2011 - 204

2012 - 140 2012 - 296

I have nothing against either match (in fact I have attended nearly each of them) but they are held at the same facility with the chances of better weather at the US Open so I'm just curious as to why more are naming the Midwest Classic? Both are good matches put on pretty much by the same people so why one over the other? Is it simply a scheduling issue with more competition from other fine matches in September?

I'm with T-Bone on this one!!

I'll be at the Classic if it's just me, T-bone, Ellie, Mose, and Bella!!!

Midwest Classic, Ohio State, Ambush, AL would be my bet.

+1

I think Brother King has a winner here!

EDIT:

After thinking about this, I think I'll change my mind and come up with something else.

Ohio State (Memorial Day weekend)

U.S OPEN (Near Labor Day weekend)

Tennessee State Wartrace (Mid October)

How about: Midwest Classic, Shooting in the Shade and Smoking Guns at Rabbit Ridge? That hits Arkansas, Illinois and Mississippi.

Seige at St. Augustine, Michigan State, and Ambush in Alabama.

OR:

Gunfight at Bucksnort Ridge, Outlaw Ambush in Hooterville, and Widowmaker's Revenge at Tater Holler.

..........Widder

How about: Midwest Classic, Shooting in the Shade and Smoking Guns at Rabbit Ridge? That hits Arkansas, Illinois and Mississippi.

I'll second that selection

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

"Widder's Revenge?"

Doc, it is one big dump target and 6 shotguns, he runs it in 8 seconds :lol:

Let's see - Midwest Classic - Ohio State - and Tennessee State or Mid West Classic - Ohio State - Alabama State or...... :unsure: or Knob Creek Gunfighter's Guild - Pleasant Valley's Swap Meet and Two Day Shootout and Black Gold? Who the heck knows? Oh, Mose knows! ^_^ But, he ain't tellin'! :ph34r: YET! B)

Archived