SASS Wire Forum

TWFMSFACATS

Mose Spencer, SASS #63490

THE WORLD FAMOUS MOSE SPENCER FIFTH ANNUAL COWBOY ACTION TURKEY SHOOT (TWFMSFACATS) or THE TURKEY SHOOT as we like to call it is now in it's 5th year.( I can't believe it)

This shoot has raised thousands of dollars worth of toys for local shelters and Toys for Tots over the pas 4 years and this year promises to do even better.

"THE TURKEY SHOOT" which is held at the fabulous WORLD SHOOTING COMPLEX in Sparta IL,consist of a variety of side matches, games and team challenges on Friday followed by 8 fun filled cowboy action stages on Saturday. We will shoot 4 or 5 stages and break for lunch then shoot the remaining stages . The Turkey Shoot is known for some wacky off the cuff antics that do nothing to hinder your score but does a lot to add FUN to the day of shooting.

We will have the awards dinner and fun on Saturday evening shortly after the match is over.

This is a great place to spend Thanksgiving weekend with friends and family on a great range, having a great time for a GREAT cause.

This event started out as the first and the only SASS invitational match that I know off :lol:/> .(your all invited)

We currently hold the record for the most OUTLAWS at a match (that will be broken for sure with COMIN AT CHA this year).

You OUTLAWS will have your own stage variables so play as you wish.

REMEMBER this ain't no Championship the real winners are the kids on Christmas Day.

Entry Fee is only 50.00 dollars plus a toy for donation to the cause.

click here for more information mosenbella.com

• 4 weeks later...

We have the Turkey Shoot ready to roll and so far it looks like the weather will be kind to us this year again.

We will have lunch on the range and the awards dinner in the Big main Event Center. The 17th Street Bar and grill has teamed up with us to make this the best dinner ever.

I have it on good authority that a certain Gang will roll in from Texas along with a few hillbilly's, Outlaws, and Jayhawker's to help bring this party to life.

The stages are from the original Blazing Saddles Turkey Shoot that started it all.

All of the toys and donations will go to the local toy drive (which is really struggling this year) and distributed here in Randolph county.

If you can make it we would love to have you the match is limited to 100 folks so let me know quick.

Just send me an email to mosespencer@yahoo.com or post it on here that you are coming.

Thanks

MOSE

Mose,I can't make the shoot but would like to help some.Where can I send a check.PM me with a address.

Mose,

I just mailed my application and my check. If the check is no good, I will shoot only bullets with no powder in them :o I have done that before; I guess that "gag" is funny only once. :P Also, I have heard a rumor about first time shooters at this here shoot. I'm not the turkey, I am? :unsure::lol: Don't answer that!, please. :D

Mose!! Put me and Hatfield on the list. If I can keep anyone from stealin' my match guns between now and then, I'd like to maybe shoot this time!! :angry::o:lol:

I hear tell some Pards are gonna try their hand at Shootin' OUTLAW fer this shoot. If we can get enough ta do so,Mose could probably set us up on our own Posse like we dun at Comin'atCha. It'd make fer a Good Time! Git yer entry in regardless ,weather is supposed to be great!

This year is looking to be the best Turkey Shoot yet. We are doing a whole hog for the dinner at the awards celebration party this year and the awards are going to be the best yet. Remember we are cutting everything off at 100 this year so let me know asap if you are coming. You can pay when you get here just send me your info to

kalexa3@yahoo.com

and I will get you signed up. Don't miss out. The weather is even going to cooperate this year with mid 50's and sunny both days. :lol::D

Bella

I hear tell some Pards are gonna try their hand at Shootin' OUTLAW fer this shoot. If we can get enough ta do so,Mose could probably set us up on our own Posse like we dun at Comin'atCha. It'd make fer a Good Time! Git yer entry in regardless ,weather is supposed to be great!

Don't tell anyone, but I heard OKAW has a bad thumb from some freak accident with a nail gun that one of his pards couldn't shoot straight. It might be your chance to show up the Intercontinental Outlaw Champion. He wasn't hurt bad, but it might just be enough for another ouitlaw to gain the edge!!!

Mose a discussion came up today at Litchfield's shoot. Stuffer thought we were feeding him a load of BS (which we usually do) when we told him we would see him at the turkey shoot next weekend and we thought Stuffer was feeding us BS (which he usually does) when he said no it's in 2 weeks. So here's what happened just in case you need to contact anyone who has already entered. The applications we got from you in Tennessee have November 29 and 30 as the shoot date on them. :blink:

Mano man is this gonna be fun . The range is set the stages will be FAST!!!

The wild bunch match will start a 11:00 Friday am and should be as much fun as any body could stand bring plenty of ammo. The side matches will be topped off by the TURKEY TROTT which is 45 targets for a 3 man team bring plenty of ammo . The main match of 8 stages will be off the clock fun with big close fun targets.

The pig hits the pot on Friday so come hungry on Saturday the weather has been perfect and shows good for the weekend . If you miss this shoot you will regret it .

I hope we can fill the toy boxes full this year

Don't tell anyone, but I heard OKAW has a bad thumb from some freak accident with a nail gun that one of his pards couldn't shoot straight. It might be your chance to show up the Intercontinental Outlaw Champion. He wasn't hurt bad, but it might just be enough for another ouitlaw to gain the edge!!!

I

I am not a person to take advantage of another cowboys miss fortune or thumbability. BUT since it's Okaw the "Intercontinental Outlaw Champion" I'll make an exception.

Maybe with this thumb issue and a little fence wire around his spurs, I might have a chance?

Now what to do about those Texans????

Ringer..... aka: "First Time Outlaw"

hey hey Hey its almost time .

The range is set .

The pig hits the pit tomorrow and all we need is people here to shoot with us.

I guarantee one of the coolest side matches I have ever seen with 45 falling steels movers and spinners it looks like a carnival game.

I can't wait.

we have a few camping sites left available on the range so get here early.

see ya tomorrow

MOSE

After being at the last three, I sure hate to miss this one but I am in the middle of a remodleing project and Lady T would kill me if I tried to sneak out.

Have a great match, keep an eye on Okaw, he is a sneaky one.

Hey Mose,

Dug some longhandles out of the dungeon for this special occasion. Wouldn't miss it for anything. FWIW, had an old shooting pard tell me once, that if there is any way possible to go shoot a great cowboy match you better go.

The day will come when you won't be able to go...and this is one that might just produce that really super memory!!

He's pushin' up daisies now, so with him in mind, I'm comin' and looking forward to a great time.

See you tomorrow!!! :D/>

Well! The best liad plans of mice and men..........

Gonna' miss the match tomorrow. DANGIT!!!

Mom had a knee replacement Nov. 5th and in the infinite wisdom of the medicos, they've sent her home today. She'll need some help besides the in home assistance folks, so I reckon I'll be headed up there tomorrow instead.

Okaw! I'll catch up to you in a few days electronicaly. Pick out a color and style for that new hat and I may still be able to do it before Christmas.

Mose! I'll call you in a day or two.

Mose and Bella out did themselves! The stages at the side match were as expected. How-Some-Ever (whatever that means?) the Team Match was more than a Hoot and a Half; it was TWO HOOTS! 45 knock downs, 3 shooters, 2 shooters with a rifle with 10 rounds and one, yep, one pistol with 5 rounds, and one shooter with a shotgun (if it was a 97 it could be stoked) and with as many rounds as the cowpoke can carry. When the beeper went off, the tag team event erupted - 1st shooter with their rifle and pistol trying to knock down and many as possible, that shooter had to tag the second shooter, and it was that cowpokes turn to knock down as many as he cold, after the 2nd shooter finished he tagged the shotgunner. And, the shotgunner went to work. Some with as many as 25 targets to knockdown. I'll end side match day by simply saying: "HOOT - HOOT!"

Main Match day had 8 stages with a great mixture (IMHO one of the best mixes I have ever seen) of scenarios. Down Range Movement, "Bring the Ole Shotgun Along the Line", all the way to a totally "Stand and Deliver" - 24 Rounds at a big piece of steel. Too big to miss you ask? NOPE!

Unfortunatley, or fortunatley (however you want to look at it) I had to leave right after the shooting, becasue my Misses wanted me home for the Sunday duties, Church, and Family Time. So, I am not sure how the Banquet went, and how everyone dressed up, cuz, Bella called for "Gowns and Coats". But, if it was anything like two days of shooting, it was a banquet to behold!

Great Job Guys,

Knob Creek Drover

Mose and Bella out did themselves! The stages at the side match were as expected. How-Some-Ever (whatever that means?) the Team Match was more than a Hoot and a Half; it was TWO HOOTS! 45 knock downs, 3 shooters, 2 shooters with a rifle with 10 rounds and one, yep, one pistol with 5 rounds, and one shooter with a shotgun (if it was a 97 it could be stoked) and with as many rounds as the cowpoke can carry. When the beeper went off, the tag team event erupted - 1st shooter with their rifle and pistol trying to knock down and many as possible, that shooter had to tag the second shooter, and it was that cowpokes turn to knock down as many as he cold, after the 2nd shooter finished he tagged the shotgunner. And, the shotgunner went to work. Some with as many as 25 targets to knockdown. I'll end side match day by simply saying: "HOOT - HOOT!"

Main Match day had 8 stages with a great mixture (IMHO one of the best mixes I have ever seen) of scenarios. Down Range Movement, "Bring the Ole Shotgun Along the Line", all the way to a totally "Stand and Deliver" - 24 Rounds at a big piece of steel. Too big to miss you ask? NOPE!

Unfortunatley, or fortunatley (however you want to look at it) I had to leave right after the shooting, becasue my Misses wanted me home for the Sunday duties, Church, and Family Time. So, I am not sure how the Banquet went, and how everyone dressed up, cuz, Bella called for "Gowns and Coats". But, if it was anything like two days of shooting, it was a banquet to behold!

Great Job Guys,

Knob Creek Drover

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU DROVER. THE STAGES WERE EXCELLENT, and the team side match was an absolute riot. The banquet was very good too. A whole hog roast, plenty of food for everyone and then some. The engraved dishes were a good touch for the awards. Lots of door prizes, and a fun time for all.

Great shooting with you on posse #1. You are welcome in Sparta anytime.

Wagonmaster Ward

Archived